Elite Hours

grammyandpoppy

We love the Elite Cocktail Hour for the social aspect and have made some wonderful friends in this venue... This is a reward for loyal customers and a way for X to ensure that as a cruise line they keep that loyalty.. Yes I have bought IN...

The coffee hour is the same it is a great social hour and we tend to table hop and socialize a great deal ... things that we just would not do in the Ocean Grill or Dining room.

I thank "X" for providing this perk to their most loyal clients and for those who are not yet Elite it gives you a goal to strive for. A very attainable goal as we all made it :):)

This thread has had an odd "tone" to it.

Here's an example-- the CC host (Graeme) in the Baltic had much better info about walking around the ports than anyone else on board. The excursion staff are there to tell you about excursions, but don't know much else. He had actually been off the ship at each port and could share tips and tricks that made independent exploration much more time- and cost-effective than anyone else we consulted.

Here's another -- the Hotel Director stopped by our table while we were enjoying the Loyalty cocktail hour to ask if everything was ok in our staterooms. He remembered us from an earlier cruise and knew that we like the A/C turned very cold and he was checking to make sure we were comfortable. Nice to be remembered, nice to have personal service. We might have run into him in a passageway or somewhere but he was circulating through the frequent passengers getting his own face-to-face feedback on how his staff was doing on that cruise.

That sounds nice--it's nice to feel special. We were on the transatlantic with Graeme and we never saw him talking with anyone. He seemed to be there to only check id's. We were even making jokes about what he was looking at on his computer when we would see him sitting there alone.

We will be on the Summit 11/12. We will be visiting a different island every day and leaving port at 5pm. so if elite happy hour is at 5-7pm- is there a dress code? I think we probably will still be in our day clothes- bathing suit and cover up and probably will do late dining. Do they serve mojitos at the cocktail party or is there a specific drink menu?:)

We also do late dining and find 5pm too early to be dressed and at the cocktail hour. We usually show up around 6:30-6:45 just in time to have one drink--two if we are really fast drinkers. Maybe that is why we have not met many people (meaning other passengers) at the cocktail hour. All this time I thought it was because we were mean and grouchy looking:D.

We will be on the Summit 11/12. We will be visiting a different island every day and leaving port at 5pm. so if elite happy hour is at 5-7pm- is there a dress code? I think we probably will still be in our day clothes- bathing suit and cover up and probably will do late dining. Do they serve mojitos at the cocktail party or is there a specific drink menu?:)

Hi there:) we are on the same sailing. First part of your question....

yes we have a very port intensive cruise but remember if the ship

sails at 5 you need to be back at least 30 minutes before that time.

I always try to get back even before that cut off.

Everyone has their own opinions about timing and stuff.....so I can

only give you mine and hope folks don't fly off the handle at me:eek:

I eat late and have no problems with the 5-7 time frame. I don't

"dress for dinner" when going there but just put on a pair of slacks

or capr's and top. I may stay for a bit and have a drink or to be

honest, I don't even always attend. Just depends on what I am

doing at the time.

As for wearing your "day clothing"? Depends on what it is;) I recall

sailing on Summit in Feb 2011 and a couple came in with bathing

suits on and the CC hostess explained they needed to change.....

They were not happy but they looked like they had just come

from the beach, towels, tote bags, etc.......not really

appropriate (in my opinion).

Anyway, if I am out and want to go for a drink? If I need

to make a quick change? I do it and then go for my

cocktail:)

Drinks......they have about a dozen or so drink choices on the menu

and I do believe a mojito is listed.

Maybe I will see you there:)

Everyone has their own opinions about timing and stuff.....so I can

only give you mine and hope folks don't fly off the handle at me:eek:

I eat late and have no problems with the 5-7 time frame. I don't

"dress for dinner" when going there but just put on a pair of slacks

or capr's and top. I may stay for a bit and have a drink or to be

honest, I don't even always attend. Just depends on what I am

doing at the time.

What a great attitude, & I agree. We don't feel that we must dress for dinner to attend. If it fits our schedule for that day, we throw on a pair of pants & a shirt, & stop in for a drink or two & some conversation; if we're busy, we just don't go that day, but it's nice to know that it's available.

What a great attitude, & I agree. We don't feel that we must dress for dinner to attend. If it fits our schedule for that day, we throw on a pair of pants & a shirt, & stop in for a drink or two & some conversation; if we're busy, we just don't go that day, but it's nice to know that it's available.

Hi Rich:) you as well. I have always felt this way. I guess we

are in the minority or at least part of a group who just doesn't

say much about it. If I want something to drink and am elsewhere

and happen to be in shorts or bathing suit/coverup and it happens

to be at.....5:30? If I don't want to change clothes? I go to one

of the bars and buy a drink;)

No Mojitos.

Wow, I hope you didn't remove the menu photos because of me!? If so, I'm so sorry; I love seeing photos as part of a post! It was just a tongue in cheek reference to someone who commented earlier in the thread.

We go to the 5-7 only sometimes. The problem with "sometimes" is that often groups are formed and we end up sitting alone. If we happen to know some of the people' date=' of course that is a different story.[/quote']

That's what happens to us...I have met more people at breakfast than the HH--which is somewhat ironic since even my family tries to avoid me in the AM!

I also like seeing pictures -- what I think the problem is comes up when someone quotes the entire thread containing the pictures, including duplicating the photos, and then sometimes it even gets re-quoted, so the photos show up three times running. But poor posting procedure shouldn't stop anyone from giving accurate information, as in this case!

Can i ask, how often is the Elite cocktail hour? Is it once a week or every day?

Every day except the first day and the day of the Captain's Club Party. Open only to those with 10 or more Celebrity cruise credits (Elites).

;)

Can i ask, how often is the Elite cocktail hour? Is it once a week or every day?

The Social hour is almost every evening except for the day you board the vessel and a day when there are free drinks at the Captain's Club Party for all CClub members.

Beat me by a minute..

Speaking of the elite cocktail party...on our last cruise I was the first in one night and found that every window table already had drinks on them awaiting elites. I'm giving notice here that if there are drinks on a table in an attempt to reserve the table, I will remove them and feel free to sit there unless they were put there by the cc host/hostess which I already know they don't do.

Anyone object?

Seems like the busy servers were trying to get ahead of the rush, had some "regular" customers who always drank the same thing and giving them their usual order makes the service for the others go more quickly. I don't think I would move someone else's drink, but I wouldn't hesitate to say, "can we join you at this table?" and pull up a chair. YMMV.

Seems like the busy servers were trying to get ahead of the rush, had some "regular" customers who always drank the same thing and giving them their usual order makes the service for the others go more quickly. I don't think I would move someone else's drink, but I wouldn't hesitate to say, "can we join you at this table?" and pull up a chair. YMMV.

Great...then put those 'ready to go drinks' on the bar or one interior table and let everyone have a chance to enjoy a window table.

We enjoy finding a couple, like you guys, sitting alone and asking if we cna join them. We've made some great friends that way and gotten some great seats ;)

Tom

We go to the 5-7 only sometimes. The problem with "sometimes" is that often groups are formed and we end up sitting alone. If we happen to know some of the people' date=' of course that is a different story.[/quote']

I've seen people tip the servers on the first night and say they want to sit there every night. Maybe the servers respond well to gratuities (can't blame them really). But, your point is also valid. The tables should be first come first server.

Tom

Speaking of the elite cocktail party...on our last cruise I was the first in one night and found that every window table already had drinks on them awaiting elites. I'm giving notice here that if there are drinks on a table in an attempt to reserve the table, I will remove them and feel free to sit there unless they were put there by the cc host/hostess which I already know they don't do.

Anyone object?

Ready to go drinks are usually on trays by several servers at the door on the way in. You can simply take one from the tray for your first round.

Tom

Great...then put those 'ready to go drinks' on the bar or one interior table and let everyone have a chance to enjoy a window table.

I often wonder why they restrict the Elite hour to one bar. Why not just allow them to get any of the drinks allowed drinks at any of the bars during that time. The only answer I can imagine is that Elites are not trustworthy and they may get drinks for others. So, they put them into a closed environment so that doesn't happen. It sad that it's likely true.

Tom

Do not agree with your statement about trust, BUT do like the thought/option of making Elite drinks ship wide for a period of time each evening. I will say, there were times in past, the location of Elite lounge was small and we wanted to go out. I am sure there have been abuses of the perk.

We travel with a number of other cruisers and they cannot attend Elite lounge, so we are always facing the issue of going without them or not attending Elite lounge. Our last 14 day cruise this past April, we did not attend on Elite lounge function due in large part to cruisers in our party who could NOT attend.

Second thing I dislike about Elite lounge is the limiting selection of drinks, which for me is good micro beers.

Where is the elite cocktail hour held on the Summit? Lois- yes we are on the same sailing. I would like to pack light- so I guess I need an elite cocktail party outfit- I will be the one in the same outfit every night:) Just joking- hope to see you there!! What night is the captains party?

Archived