Summit - good, not great

librarylady19

Hi Lois,

I think the lapses in service were attributable to the long summer of Bermuda cruises and a lot of new staff on board. Lots of good things about the ship, don't get me wrong - especially our wonderful cabin. We prefer the larger ships now I think.

We are still stuck at Newark. The Boss will be performing without us tonight unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that you missed your concert. We got to the airport so early that we ended up switching to an earlier flight. I am glad that we made that change considering all the delayed flights.

Overall, we were pleased with the Summit and find that we definitely like the smaller ships. Having never been on S-class, I will be interested to hear your review and why you prefer S-class.

Diane

As we sit at the airport waiting for our delayed flight to Chicago (sigh...) thought I'd give my quick assessment of our Bermuda cruise. A longer review will follow.

We had perfect weather and calm seas both ways and the cruise was very nice. I will be canceling my January cruise however. In spite of the recent renovation. We prefer the S class.

Ship was very clean and ongoing upkeep was evident. Our room AQ 9038 was lovely and kept spotless by our wonderful attendants.

Food, service and entertainment need some improvement however. The lack of thorough training was evident in Blu, and many bars. Entertainment was rather spotty.

I would rate this cruise a B as I know Celebrity can and should do better.

I will be glad to answer any questions.....got lots of time to kill :-)

Interesting.....i have just read 2 reviews here of less than stellar Celebrity cruises...so i.m thinking what is the CEO thinking when he claims to want toincrease prices and cruise rates for future cruises as he claims Celebrity is a superior product justfying a superior price tag

Like I said ?...very interesting

Oops message is above

My ipad does what it wants lol

Doug Cameron, the fiddler, was excellent. We had seen him previously on the Silhouette and bought his CD.

The show on the first night was excruciatingly loud. I told Jason, the CD, and he said he would pass it along. The rest of the shows were tolerably loud until the last night. This was the last production show and I believe the high volume level marred what might have been an excellent performance. Most of the singers and dancers were very talented and it is unfortunate that at times I could not enjoy their performance. I have to say that I am probably in a minority, since most attendees gave a very enthusiastic standing ovation at the last show. I know the performers deserve the credit. The problem is with the sound engineers who may suffer from self-induced partial deafness and are stuck in a vicious cycle of ever increasing decibels.

Happy to hear you enjoyed Doug Cameron. Just a terrific fiddle player.

As for the shows, sadly I have stopped going to the production shows because of the noise issue. I have asked so many times that the voices be allowed to come through without the horrible over amplification. No one listens. Do most people really want it this loud?

Really sorry I missed this cruise, would love to have met you.

Anne

As for the shows, sadly I have stopped going to the production shows because of the noise issue. I have asked so many times that the voices be allowed to come through without the horrible over amplification. No one listens. Do most people really want it this loud?

Anne

Hi Anne,:) are you feeling better? Any chance you could book for

November?:D

Hi Anne,:) are you feeling better? Any chance you could book for

November?:D

Hi Lois,

I would love, of course, to be back on Summit in November. But, I am worried right now about the Silhouette cruise in October. Have decided to put off surgery and get a second, and maybe third, opinion. I have read some horror stories from people who had this surgery for meniscus repair and said that the pain was worse than ever afterwards. :eek::eek: For now, I will just continue hobbling along.

You will have a great cruise, as you always do.:D

Anne

Hi Lois,

I would love, of course, to be back on Summit in November. But, I am worried right now about the Silhouette cruise in October. Have decided to put off surgery and get a second, and maybe third, opinion. I have read some horror stories from people who had this surgery for meniscus repair and said that the pain was worse than ever afterwards. :eek::eek: For now, I will just continue hobbling along.

Anne

Oh, I forgot you have a cruise booked for October! So this is your

knee....which one? Does the Dr say you must have surgery? And

can't they do microscopic? That is much less evasive.

Oh, I forgot you have a cruise booked for October! So this is your

knee....which one? Does the Dr say you must have surgery? And

can't they do microscopic? That is much less evasive.

Hi Lois,

Yes, right knee. I injured it trying to get off the boat at very low tide. Stupid, stupid mistake.

It's actually the arthroscopic surgery for this condition which has gotten so much bad press. Planning to see a physical therapist this week and am looking at any alternatives. I do NOT do pain well, so surgery is my last resort.

Just curious, which cruise in November are you on? Just asking.:)

Anne

Hi Lois,

Yes, right knee. I injured it trying to get off the boat at very low tide. Stupid, stupid mistake.

It's actually the arthroscopic surgery for this condition which has gotten so much bad press. Planning to see a physical therapist this week and am looking at any alternatives. I do NOT do pain well, so surgery is my last resort.

Just curious, which cruise in November are you on? Just asking.:)

Anne

I meant to say arthroscopic:eek:..micro? Sorry about that LOL

Going on Nov 10th. Panos is getting off as I board:(....have no

idea who the Capt will be.......

I meant to say arthroscopic:eek:..micro? Sorry about that LOL

Going on Nov 10th. Panos is getting off as I board:(....have no

idea who the Capt will be.......

My guess is that it will Theo Zakkas, who was recently promoted to Master. He is very nice young man.

Anne

Awww too bad you didn't have a good time. We had a great experience with this ship, we were upgraded but did not want to eat in Blu. The MDR was very good. The staff was incredible!!

As we sit at the airport waiting for our delayed flight to Chicago (sigh...) thought I'd give my quick assessment of our Bermuda cruise. A longer review will follow.

We had perfect weather and calm seas both ways and the cruise was very nice. I will be canceling my January cruise however. In spite of the recent renovation. We prefer the S class.

Ship was very clean and ongoing upkeep was evident. Our room AQ 9038 was lovely and kept spotless by our wonderful attendants.

Food, service and entertainment need some improvement however. The lack of thorough training was evident in Blu, and many bars. Entertainment was rather spotty.

Hi Sandi! It was great meeting you and your lovely husband. I don't think we'd have had half as much fun on our cruise without you two! :D:D:D

Like you, I need to write a report but that will come after I've had a few days to recover. There was way too much good food, good drink, and good entertainment on that beautiful ship! It's going to take a bit to get back to normal life after being so spoiled for a week.

To anyone considering the Summit--go Aqua. It's definitely worth it. We loved the spa. We loved Blu. It was a great experience and a great upgrade.

Just off Summit also, did not have Blu, ate most nights in the MDR. I haven't been in the MDR for a few years since my last cruises were in AQ. I was very happy with the dining, only had one thing a Tbone steak that was really tough. Only complaint in the Dining room was it took forever every night to get an iced tea. We had Select dining for the first time and it was a good experience. Beef Torenados (sp) were excellent.

Did not have a lot of complaints and most were minor. One thing which was sort of funny was on one day the Tpool was actually hotter than the hot tubs and the hot tubs were at the right temperature.

Just got home so as soon as I get my act together I'll write something up.

Just off Summit also, did not have Blu, ate most nights in the MDR. I haven't been in the MDR for a few years since my last cruises were in AQ. I was very happy with the dining, only had one thing a Tbone steak that was really tough. Only complaint in the Dining room was it took forever every night to get an iced tea. We had Select dining for the first time and it was a good experience. Beef Torenados (sp) were excellent.

Did not have a lot of complaints and most were minor. One thing which was sort of funny was on one day the Tpool was actually hotter than the hot tubs and the hot tubs were at the right temperature.

Just got home so as soon as I get my act together I'll write something up.

Hi Don:) thanks for checking in too and glad you had a good cruise:)

Looking forward to your review as well.

Anne

Hi Lois,

Anne

Anne, hope all works out well for your knee. Please don't miss the Silhouette if at all possible. After 24 cruises, the Silhouette tied with the QM2 for first place. If you haven't been on an S-class ship, the Silhouette defies description.

Awww too bad you didn't have a good time. We had a great experience with this ship, we were upgraded but did not want to eat in Blu. The MDR was very good. The staff was incredible!!

We had a very good time. What I was trying to convey is my opinion that some areas need improvement and that I prefer the larger S class ships. I will definitely compile a comparison of the 2 classes of ships. I am still a big fan of the Celebrity product.

We had a very good time. What I was trying to convey is my opinion that some areas need improvement and that I prefer the larger S class ships. I will definitely compile a comparison of the 2 classes of ships. I am still a big fan of the Celebrity product.

Hi Sandi:) glad you had a good time!

So, I am guessing you are staying on Silhouette (in your signature

for January)

Anne

I always bring earplugs to the production shows.

Hi Sandi:) glad you had a good time!

So, I am guessing you are staying on Silhouette (in your signature

for January)

Yes, I think we will. Definitely woukd like to try another S class - and we have 1610 the hump!!

Had a nice long chat with Don and Jeanne at the brunch btw.

Yes, I think we will. Definitely woukd like to try another S class - and we have 1610 the hump!!

Had a nice long chat with Don and Jeanne at the brunch btw.

Glad you were able to catch up with each other:) Maybe one of

these days I will see all of you again too.

I was on same cruise (new AQ cabin 1116). It was our 4th M Class cruise and first since Solsticization. We have taken one S class cruise. My list of M class advantages over S class include less crowding, quieter general atmosphere with no music blasting from lobby out into the corridors in the evenings, better, less "choppy" layout in Blu, real trays and more efficient layout of cafe/grill area, 3 instead of 2 sets of elevator/stairs, much better laid out cabins in terms of clothing storage....I could add a few more.

That said, we are looking forward to another S class Caribbean cruise (Eclipse) this New Years. We love Celebrity...M or S...either way!

I was on same cruise (new AQ cabin 1116). It was our 4th M Class cruise and first since Solsticization. We have taken one S class cruise. My list of M class advantages over S class include less crowding, quieter general atmosphere with no music blasting from lobby out into the corridors in the evenings, better, less "choppy" layout in Blu, real trays and more efficient layout of cafe/grill area, 3 instead of 2 sets of elevator/stairs, much better laid out cabins in terms of clothing storage....I could add a few more.

That said, we are looking forward to another S class Caribbean cruise (Eclipse) this New Years. We love Celebrity...M or S...either way!

Glad you enjoyed the ship. This is a perfect example of "different strokes". While I agree that the M class cabins are far superior in terms of storage, I liked the larger public spaces on the S class ships with frequent entertainment, and found the Summit buffet very unappealing in terms of layout - it reminded me of a colllege cafeteria.

Anne, hope all works out well for your knee. Please don't miss the Silhouette if at all possible. After 24 cruises, the Silhouette tied with the QM2 for first place. If you haven't been on an S-class ship, the Silhouette defies description.

Hi:)...have a question...what is it about Silhouette you love so much?

I have been on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse and I have Equinox

booked again but I am going back and forth about trying Silhouette

instead......any insight would be appreciated:)

Hi:)...have a question...what is it about Silhouette you love so much?

I have been on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse and I have Equinox

booked again but I am going back and forth about trying Silhouette

instead......any insight would be appreciated:)

Good question, Lois. The Silhouette was our first and only S-class ship we have been on so far. It was so unlike any other ship we have been on, including those from Princess, HAL and M-class ships (see my signature). Every aspect was stunning: the shopping malls, the atrium, the Lawn Club Grill, the library, all the nooks and crannies on the decks off the atrium, the frequent entertainment in the atrium, the cabin sinks, and for a guy who doesn't drink martinis, the Martini Bar with "Tom Cruise" juggling glass bottles behind his back. The atmosphere was one of elegant fun. Everything about the ship was unexpectedly different and surprising. I watched the ship being built on the "Everything Silhouette" thread and it exceeded expectations in just about every area.

Archived