Price drop

xrayjng

I am sailing for the first time on RCCL. I booked my cruise on RCCL website I now see an almost 200.00 total price drop for same type of cabin ( large oceanview). Actually I think it is probably a better cabin 3rd level vs my 2nd level cabin. Is there anyway to get the price drop possible in way of an OBC since my trip is paid in full . If so how do I go about it? Thanks

I am sailing for the first time on RCCL. I booked my cruise on RCCL website I now see an almost 200.00 total price drop for same type of cabin ( large oceanview). Actually I think it is probably a better cabin 3rd level vs my 2nd level cabin. Is there anyway to get the price drop possible in way of an OBC since my trip is paid in full . If so how do I go about it? Thanks

all you can do is upgrade to a cabin that costs more than you are already paying.

No refunded money or OBC after final payment.

I would call Royal, it is easy to move to a better cabin of the same type, as far as the price drop, after final payment date you can't get it under the current rules.

You cannot get the refund if you are past FINAL PAYMENT DATE. If you paid in full before final payment date, you can get the price difference in the form of OBC.

No you will not get OBC. If you are before your final payment date a refund will be applied to your credit card or what ever form of payment used. OBC was discontinued for price drops. You can only get refunds before final payment date or upgrades if past final payment date.

You cannot get the refund if you are past FINAL PAYMENT DATE. If you paid in full before final payment date, you can get the price difference in the form of OBC.

They no longer give OBC for price drops...if/since the OP actually made their payment early they would receive a refund back on the credit card they used for final pmt...

I actually got OBC instead of a refund for my cruise last November...as the price dropped....TWICE..in the 2 weeks before final payment date. Not sure WHY i got the OBC and not the refund, but I really didn't care, and the OBC worked out very well.....(the agent said i could not get a refund...ONLY OBC, but i was able to then use some of that to pay the taxes/grats and take my aunt with me...PLUS we still had several hundred dollars to spend....)

call Royal..they should be able to re-fare it for you, as long as there are no restrictions...

I actually got OBC instead of a refund for my cruise last November...as the price dropped....TWICE..in the 2 weeks before final payment date. Not sure WHY i got the OBC and not the refund, but I really didn't care, and the OBC worked out very well.....(the agent said i could not get a refund...ONLY OBC, but i was able to then use some of that to pay the taxes/grats and take my aunt with me...PLUS we still had several hundred dollars to spend....)

call Royal..they should be able to re-fare it for you, as long as there are no restrictions...

Nice that you got this. I just wish RCI would stop making new rules and then decide to not follow them. If the policy is no more OBC for price drops then that is a policy that all of RCI's staff should follow. If RCI would do this it would go a long way towards eliminating some of the arguments we see here from time to time.

Nice that you got this. I just wish RCI would stop making new rules and then decide to not follow them. If the policy is no more OBC for price drops then that is a policy that all of RCI's staff should follow. If RCI would do this it would go a long way towards eliminating some of the arguments we see here from time to time.

She said "instead of a refund". It was still before final payment. OBC benefits RC, not the cruiser, unless the cruiser specifically wants it.

If you want to book early please Face Reality that all you get after final payment is an upgrade. How Exciting???

If that's all you expect......Be Happy With It.....

If not...............learn how to $$Bank$$ a huge savings on a ""New Booking"" inside Final Payment.

She said "instead of a refund". It was still before final payment. OBC benefits RC, not the cruiser, unless the cruiser specifically wants it.

I understand what she said. I have called RCI in the past in regard to a price drop before final payment and was told all RCI would do is give me a refund and please not ask for OBC. A refund of the price drop is all I was looking for anyways. I'm having a hard time understanding why RCI would change the policy about OBC being discontinued for price drops and then not be consistant in giving refunds or giving OBC.

If you want to book early please Face Reality that all you get after final payment is an upgrade. How Exciting???

If that's all you expect......Be Happy With It.....

If not...............learn how to $$Bank$$ a huge savings on a ""New Booking"" inside Final Payment.

Only if you don't care what cabin you are in. But it's still a gamble, 3 cruises in a row have only gone up for me since booking early and never dropped even after final payment.

With only 2 aft JS's on Radiance class ships, you better believe we book early. Haven't regretted it yet and the price never dropped. Nor would I ever trade them to upgrade either.

Only if you don't care what cabin you are in. But it's still a gamble, 3 cruises in a row have only gone up for me since booking early and never dropped even after final payment.

With only 2 aft JS's on Radiance class ships, you better believe we book early. Haven't regretted it yet and the price never dropped. Nor would I ever trade them to upgrade either.

I'm not sure where this came from, But...??

If your happy booking early and paying more than triple the price for a Junior Suite compared to a Balcony keep patting yourself on the back. ;)

Agreed, have seen a number of posts lately about balcony's being booked for cruises that are not yet at final payment.

If cabin type of location is important to you, book early and keep checking prices up to final payment. After that stop looking.

For our Allure cruise last year we booked an ocean facing balcony with a central park balcony across the hall. We booked about 5 months out and had the option of 2 sets of cabins with that configuration. The price only went up from the time we booked until they were all sold out. If we had waited we would have paid more for less desirable cabins!

Archived