Beautiful Day for a BVE

argenta01

Went with 8 friends yesterday for the BVE aboard the Caribbean Princess in Brooklyn. From central Jersey took us aprox 1 hr to drive to the port. Parking was $13 for our time there. Arrived at the port around 10:30am. Easy check in. At 11am, Natalie the Future Cruise Consultant came out to talk to us. She remembered me from last year when we did the BVE. :) We were the first to board the ship. Had our picture taken together then off we went to explore on our own.

We started at deck 8 to view the ocean view rooms. We then worked our way up to mini's, caribe balconys and regular balconys on the Baja. We found stewards still working on each floor and asked if we could see the different room types. 6 in our group had never cruised before, so it was great that they could see the different type rooms.

Next stop was the Horizon Court for a pre-lunch snack. :D Wanted everyone to get a feel for what the buffet was like. After that we made a stop at the front of the Lido deck to go onto the viewing area above the bridge.

After the bridge, we went down to the Coral Dining room on deck 6 for lunch. Everyone enjoyed the meal. After everyone was drinking their coffee, I asked what they thought of it. Everyone said it was really good. I told them about the 'syrup coffee' and no one seemed to care. They were fine with it.

We then made stops at Skywalkers, Lotus Spa, Sanctuary, Art Gallery, Internet Cafe, Explorer's Lounge and Club Fusion. The Princess Theatre was closed. Our final stop just before we disembarked at 3:30 was the International Cafe. We all tried a variety of different things while we listened to Irish Music in the Atrium.

Great day, highly recommend if you are close to a port!

Went with 8 friends yesterday for the BVE aboard the Caribbean Princess in Brooklyn. From central Jersey took us aprox 1 hr to drive to the port. Parking was $13 for our time there. Arrived at the port around 10:30am. Easy check in. At 11am, Natalie the Future Cruise Consultant came out to talk to us. She remembered me from last year when we did the BVE. :) We were the first to board the ship. Had our picture taken together then off we went to explore on our own.

We started at deck 8 to view the ocean view rooms. We then worked our way up to mini's, caribe balconys and regular balconys on the Baja. We found stewards still working on each floor and asked if we could see the different room types. 6 in our group had never cruised before, so it was great that they could see the different type rooms.

Next stop was the Horizon Court for a pre-lunch snack. :D Wanted everyone to get a feel for what the buffet was like. After that we made a stop at the front of the Lido deck to go onto the viewing area above the bridge.

After the bridge, we went down to the Coral Dining room on deck 6 for lunch. Everyone enjoyed the meal. After everyone was drinking their coffee, I asked what they thought of it. Everyone said it was really good. I told them about the 'syrup coffee' and no one seemed to care. They were fine with it.

We then made stops at Skywalkers, Lotus Spa, Sanctuary, Art Gallery, Internet Cafe, Explorer's Lounge and Club Fusion. The Princess Theatre was closed. Our final stop just before we disembarked at 3:30 was the International Cafe. We all tried a variety of different things while we listened to Irish Music in the Atrium.

Question: Did any of you purchase FCC's and where on board did you buy them?

It was a phenominal picture perfect day in NY yesterday and the ship was awesome fun. It was a tease before our cruise in December.

I think you were the group at the table next to ours in the dining room having a good time and enjoying your day.

This is great marketing stratedgy for previous cruisers, potential cruisers and people who just like to plan different activities at a very reasonable price. My parents will be doing BVE in FL on my Dec. trip to be able to spend more time with us. Win Win as far as I am concerned.:)

Question: Did any of you purchase FCC's and where on board did you buy them?

I purchased 2 FCC's while onboard. Couldn't convince anyone else. :( On the CB, the Future Cruise Consultants office is on deck 6 midship near the Crown Grill and the Excursion Desk. I just filled out the paperwork, put BVE in the cabin number space and put the paper in the dropbox slot. By the time we got home my FCC's were in my inbox! :D

It was a phenominal picture perfect day in NY yesterday and the ship was awesome fun. It was a tease before our cruise in December.

I think you were the group at the table next to ours in the dining room having a good time and enjoying your day.

This is great marketing stratedgy for previous cruisers, potential cruisers and people who just like to plan different activities at a very reasonable price. My parents will be doing BVE in FL on my Dec. trip to be able to spend more time with us. Win Win as far as I am concerned.:)

Yes, it was a stupendous day in NY yesterday. Sunny skies and perfect temperature! You must have been at one of the tables near the window! :) We saw 2 other groups that looked like BVE people. We are cruising on the CB for the 4 day Bermuda sampler on Oct 27th. Everyone had so much fun, some of the folks who came with us yesterday will be coming back to wish us Bon Voyage! :D

We started at deck 8 to view the ocean view rooms. We then worked our way up to mini's, caribe balconys and regular balcony's on the Baja. We found stewards still working on each floor and asked if we could see the different room types. 6 in our group had never cruised before, so it was great that they could see the different type rooms.

Glad you had a great time at your BVE. We had friends that joined us last year on the Golden for a BVE before we sailed. They thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend it as it is a great way to get you motivated to book a cruise on Princess.....:):):)

Bob

Glad you enjoyed it they used to do these in the UK on turnround days at Southampton I went on Sea Princess in 2006 on one of these days. They stopped doing them about 3 or 4 years ago when I asked why whilst I was on Crown in 2009 the Circle Host told me it was due to 'taking up to much of the staff/crews time during turn around and security issues'.

I purchased 2 FCC's while onboard. Couldn't convince anyone else. :( On the CB, the Future Cruise Consultants office is on deck 6 midship near the Crown Grill and the Excursion Desk. I just filled out the paperwork, put BVE in the cabin number space and put the paper in the dropbox slot. By the time we got home my FCC's were in my inbox! :D

I know where the office is, but I was wondering whether there was a LIVE person doing it. I had heard of others putting applications in the drop box and nothing happening. Good to hear they are now on the ball.

I know where the office is, but I was wondering whether there was a LIVE person doing it. I had heard of others putting applications in the drop box and nothing happening. Good to hear they are now on the ball.

No live person at the office. I have been on at least 5 BVE's and each time I purchased FCC's and always got them.

At 11am, Natalie the Future Cruise Consultant came out to talk to us.

One can always ask the consultant when he/she comes out to greet you at the start of the BVE.

Yes, it was a stupendous day in NY yesterday. Sunny skies and perfect temperature! You must have been at one of the tables near the window! :) We saw 2 other groups that looked like BVE people. We are cruising on the CB for the 4 day Bermuda sampler on Oct 27th. Everyone had so much fun, some of the folks who came with us yesterday will be coming back to wish us Bon Voyage! :D

Yup that was us in the corner :) We puchased FCC as did our friends. I had the confirming email before 5pm. An all around great day!

Archived