16 and 18 year olds-Allure of the Seas

mamakinrocks

Hi! We are all very excited about going on Allure in June. So far, we have no other families accompanying us. Our kids want to have others, their age, in tow. My daughter (18) will be able to go into the clubs, etc. my son will not. We just hosted their friends on a cruise this past summer, so really not ready to do so again this summer. They are both very like able and social...but wondering how others may have fared, if alone in their age group. Thanks!!

The 16 year old will be fine and they can go to the teen club, but the 18 year old may have a little more trouble. My kids always found other to hang out with before they were 18. DD is now 22 and has done 3 cruises since turning 18. She pretty much hangs out with us. They do have a few 18 - 20 activities but they never seemed to be very well organized. She tried them a few times but nobody else seemed to be there. Besides all those she met in her age group just wanted to go find alcohol, which was not her thing. Now that she is over 21 she just drinks with us!

DS just turned 17 and we are trying to figure out if we can fit in one more cruise before he turns 18. Although, I have heard it is much easier for the boys to connect on the basketball court, etc.

Archived