Help! I've accidentally booked a 9am flight after Allure...

jarz85

Sounds like we will make it with time to spare :D

Either way I was planning to be up at 4am to see us crusing back into the port, now instead of getting breakfast we will just line up to get off!

Having a first class ticket must get us some beneift when we get to the counter. Even if we have to go economy on the next flight for the same price, that would still work for us!

I think I'll just pay the $600 and change the time... at least that way we can enjoy a last breakfast on the Allure!

If you do, I'll buy your breakfast that last day in the MDR. Its much more relaxing than the Windjammer the last day.

Thanks for the replies.

We have no status with RCL but are staying in a suite and can do self disembark.

We booked the flights 2 days ago so just out of the 24 hour period! I don't know how I missed that I booked the wrong time flight! GRR!

I think I'll just pay the $600 and change the time... at least that way we can enjoy a last breakfast on the Allure!

I would call and just explain that you made a mistake. You were looking at one thing but somehow selected something else.

A friend of mine purchased the wrong ticket and called immediately. The rep she spoke to even mentioned how she called within minutes of clicking yes. Accidents happen and I'm sure they get that call a lot. As far as you being 2 days later, I'd just say you just really looked at it and noticed the mistake.

Well you'll be a stressd out, nervous wreck.............but think you'll make it if you carry off you luggage and get right to the terminal.

That's a pretty silly thing to say. YOU might be a stressed out nervous wreck. But it's pretty arrogant to speak for others in such a scenario. I wouldn't let it stress me out for a second.

Does anyone know if there is a separate security line for first class at FLL?

Yes there is. On our last cruise, we got upgraded to first class and bypassed everyone.

It may depend on which airline/terminal you are using. I know Terminal 2 (Delta) has a priority security line on one side for Delta's elite level flyers, although I cannot honestly remember if 1st class pax are also allowed to use it (I think so, but not positive.) Terminal 1 which is mainly Southwest... I don't recall a separate security line for first, as Southwest doesn't have first class. Other airlines do use T1 on a limited basis though, so maybe?? I've only flown out of T1 and don't recall. No idea about terminals 3 and 4.

That was our first TA but many we talked to said this was most unusual even for TA's they had been on. What made ours worse I think, we were all caught up in the hallways others spent their time going up and down the elevators because they couldn't get off. DH & I walked down 3 flight of stairs others came from higher decks. The funny part of the whole morning, my husband went thru the scanner only to have them close it off for another 20 min leaving myself and others at the doorway of the ship.:eek: He turned around to ask me something and I wasn't there. LOL RCL was really good about crediting our Post cruise Everglades Tour. I said it was just another adventure we were on.:)

That was our first TA but many we talked to said this was most unusual even for TA's they had been on. What made ours worse I think, we were all caught up in the hallways others spent their time going up and down the elevators because they couldn't get off. DH & I walked down 3 flight of stairs others came from higher decks. The funny part of the whole morning, my husband went thru the scanner only to have them close it off for another 20 min leaving myself and others at the doorway of the ship.:eek: He turned around to ask me something and I wasn't there. LOL RCL was really good about crediting our Post cruise Everglades Tour. I said it was just another adventure we were on.:)

I was on the LOS TA with you. Disembarkation was a memorable mess. But it was a totally different situation from the OP's. You just cannot compare disembarkation from Liberty of the Seas to disembarkation from Allure. Not only was LOS a TA cruise, but our ship did not dock early.,,,multiple ships were already in port. And LOS docked at a different terminal building. And they disembarked LOS from deck one with inadequate elevators. And LOS TA was poorly planned and was behind in getting people off from the get go. They did not have a lounge near the disembarkation area for self disembarkation passengers. And they did not call self disembarkation passengers when scheduled. And when they did call self disembarkation passengers, the elevators were stuffed with other people, so self disembarkation had to haul bags down multiple flights of stairs all the way to deck 1...that is time consuming, so the schedule was further delayed for everybody. And CBP did not have anywhere near enough agents, so the line was stopped on the ship until the CBP line move a bit, then more passengers were rleased, then disembarkation was paused for CBP delays, and repeat ad nauseum. That further delayed everybody. And so on.

As bad as the LOS situation was, it is not Allure or Oasis...those are special.

Oasis and Allure dock way earlier than other ships. They have a special and efficient mechanism to handle all those passengers. Generally enough CBP agents are supplied. And if insufficient agents are supplied, often the early self disembarkation passengers get through OK, with delays building as the disembarkation progresses. Of course there could be a delay for Allure or Oasis...a medical or weather or mechanical issue could keep the ship from arriving in a timely manner. CBP could be pulled elsewhere by some horrid event or threat. Things can happen; in such a rare case extra time would be better, so the OP should try, within reason, to get more leeway on his flight time. Nevertheless, the Op's odds of making the flight a better off Oasis or Allure than off any other ship at port everglades.

No way will this stress us out all week! We are on a 10 week USA vacation and this cruise will be amazing. We just will have to skip breakfast and line up at 530am to get off. That way will we be in the first few people off. If for some reason the ship docks late... Medical reason etc then it might be okay to use travel insurance because its an unforeseen circumstance!

If that fails we will just fully turn on our Aussie accents at the airport and be really nice (we are anyway) and hopefully they will transfer us to the 1155am flight!

If that fails I'm sure JetBlue etc will have some last minute seats and they won't be much more than $200pp. It would just suck if I paid the $800 now and then we would have been able to make the early flight!

At least this will make the end of my review interesting

No way will this stress us out all week! We are on a 10 week USA vacation and this cruise will be amazing. We just will have to skip breakfast and line up at 530am to get off. That way will we be in the first few people off. If for some reason the ship docks late... Mile ducal reason etc then it might be okay to use travel insurance because its an unforeseen circumstance!

If that fails we will just fully turn on our Aussie accents at the airport and be really nice (we are anyway) and hopefully they will transfer us to the 1155am flight!

If that fails I'm sure JetBlue etc will have some last minute seats and they won't be much more than $200pp. It would just suck if I paid the $800 now and then we would have been able to make the early flight!

5:30? 6:30 is PLENTY of time. :) :D :) :D

No way will this stress us out all week! We are on a 10 week USA vacation and this cruise will be amazing. We just will have to skip breakfast and line up at 530am to get off. That way will we be in the first few people off. If for some reason the ship docks late... Medical reason etc then it might be okay to use travel insurance because its an unforeseen circumstance!

That's the spirit. if you are ready early (not sure you really need to be ready at 5:30...6 to 6:30 would be fine) and can handle your bags, the odds are in your favor.

I think you will be fine, however, they adjusted the time that they start the express debarkation on the allure and oasis. We didn't know this back in May and assumed we could start walking off at 6am. Compass says 6:30 or 6:45 ( I think). Thankfully, express debarakation started aroung 6:20a.m. and we caught our 9:20 flight with no problems. We actually saw other cruisers side by side to our taxi on our way to airport that had an 8:30 flight....that I wouldn't do. We just booked the Oasis for February and I'm booking a 9:45 flight. When my vacation is over, it's over and I just want to get home and not waste a whole day. You take a chance...yes, but you take a chance these days with any flights at any time.

The latest we can comfortably get to the airport is 8am.

Even if the self-disembarking doesn't start til 7.30am, and we are the first few in line... we will make it fine.

I just can't see it happening that late, how the heck would they be able to clear 6000+ off the ship in a couple of hours!?

If anything, I should see if the airline has a 730am flight... no point waiting around for a 9am flight :D (Joking of course)

I have read numerous posts on how well organized the Oasis & Allure disembarking goes. You are correct, you can't compare a TA cruise disembarking from a Carribean. Except for the LOS, we have had no problems with other cruises. That was one cruise, so it is more then possible, if we did that same cruise again, everything could run more smoothly the next time.

I have read numerous posts on how well organized the Oasis & Allure disembarking goes. You are correct, you can't compare a TA cruise disembarking from a Carribean. Except for the LOS, we have had no problems with other cruises. That was one cruise, so it is more then possible, if we did that same cruise again, everything could run more smoothly the next time.

It will go fine if RCI has redesigned the process for LOS. I thought disembarking on deck one was a major cause of the backlog....

I believe the process for Allure is well designed and the OP will in all likelihood do well.

I'm with some of the other posters, I'd suggest calling the airline back.

With phone calls, sometimes I get a representative that won't budge, then the next time I call, I get someone willing to work with me. Sometimes it takes three or four calls before I get someone that will help me. Be sure to get dates, times, incident number and first and last name if they'll give it to you. I also try for an extension or direct number so I can reach them again.

No way will this stress us out all week!

I wouldn't stress out about it and I'd probably take a chance, too, considering the money involved. I think you'll be ok. Let them know you have an early flight and be at the front of the line to debark. Set 2 alarm clocks ;)

btw keep checking your flight times. If they change by an hour or so, they usually let you change flights for free. Some of my flight times have changed 5 and 6 times over the course of the year. Int one case they cancelled my entire flight and put us on another plane.

I think you will be fine, however, they adjusted the time that they start the express debarkation on the allure and oasis. We didn't know this back in May and assumed we could start walking off at 6am. Compass says 6:30 or 6:45 ( I think).

Back in 2011 we decided to eat breakfast in the MDR at 6:30 and be back to our room to get our stuff before 8am. We found out the last morning the elevators don't go below deck 5. We got off the elevator and tried to make it to the steps to get down to the MDR and we were almost drug off the ship by crew people asking us if we were express departure. They definitely do what they can to get you off ASAP. We did make it to the dining room.

Archived