I'm surprised!

Ladysilver

I know my cruise on Dec. 1, 2013 on the Navigator is a long way off, but I've noticed that two of the most sought after cabins on the ship are still available, and have been available every time I check. Center hump cabins D1 9620 and 9622. I'm just really surprised! Maybe no one wants to be under the Royal Suite? Would it be that noisy? :rolleyes:

I know my cruise on Dec. 1, 2013 on the Navigator is a long way off, but I've noticed that two of the most sought after cabins on the ship are still available, and have been available every time I check. Center hump cabins D1 9620 and 9622. I'm just really surprised! Maybe no one wants to be under the Royal Suite? Would it be that noisy? :rolleyes:

If I was going on your cruise I would grab it. I had the same cabin on the other side, which if memory serves is an Owner's suite. We loved it.

If I was going on your cruise I would grab it. I had the same cabin on the other side, which if memory serves is an Owner's suite. We loved it.

We're booked in 9320 on the other side. I was just very surprised there are still center hump cabins left. We booked ours in July. :D

Just me, but I don't see the attraction to hump cabins.....

We always book top decks, as far forward as possible, and I know when I stand on my balcony, I can see the entire balcony of the hump cabins, at least every deck lower than ours....you have very little privacy.....

Now if you are comparing a standard E1 to a Hump E1, then I can see the possible attraction, but I still would not like people watching me on the balcony.

Have you been in a hump cabin to make that statement? We were in a hump on Liberty and I would grab that cabin again in a heartbeat. Deck nine and I guess if people are going to perve then nowhere is private. Besides, most people on the balconies wear more than what they wear by the pool so unless you parade around naked I'm sure it's a pretty boring perve.

Just me, but I don't see the attraction to hump cabins.....

We always book top decks, as far forward as possible, and I know when I stand on my balcony, I can see the entire balcony of the hump cabins, at least every deck lower than ours....you have very little privacy.....

Now if you are comparing a standard E1 to a Hump E1, then I can see the possible attraction, but I still would not like people watching me on the balcony.

This is our first hump cabin so we'll see about the privacy issue. We stayed in the first cabin in the front on the Rhapsody years ago. Loved the cabin and the fact that we only had neighbors on one side but we did feel more movement there. :)

This is our first hump cabin so we'll see about the privacy issue. We stayed in the first cabin in the front on the Rhapsody years ago. Loved the cabin and the fact that we only had neighbors on one side but we did feel more movement there. :)

We were on Explorer this past August in JS 9618 - center hump. Very nice and very private. (highly doubt that the forward balconies could look into ours as being center hump we were parallel to those and further out from the edge of the ship - not to mention quite far away. It also had the "cave" style flush to the railing metal dividers).

This JS was directly below the RS, and the only noise we ever heard was an occasional light sound of someone (likely a child) "playing" on the piano in the late afternoon as we dressed for dinner. Short lived and never a distraction.

We have had stateroom types and locations in literally every general location on the ships we've sailed and like them all. (front / back / left side / right side / forward / aft / middle, etc.) But we do like hump cabins for their location to elevators and great front to back views. And if there is one seen to be desireable available, I'd say go for it.

I've always been fearful of booking cabins adjacent or below suites. I suppose its entirely possible it could be occupied by 2 quiet folks, but there is also the possibility that it could be 4 or more and with all that space it could be the gathering spot for a far larger group.:eek: I've passed up cabins that I felt could have that risk even when they were available...of course I could still end up with the two nosiest people onboard next to me in e2:rolleyes:;)

I've always been fearful of booking cabins adjacent or below suites. I suppose its entirely possible it could be occupied by 2 quiet folks, but there is also the possibility that it could be 4 or more and with all that space it could be the gathering spot for a far larger group.:eek: I've passed up cabins that I felt could have that risk even when they were available...of course I could still end up with the two nosiest people onboard next to me in e2:rolleyes:;)

And if that is your preference, fine. But IMO I would not be overly concerned about that. We have been next to (and have also stayed in suites) and we have not experienced that. Many times these locations are considered nicer in that they usually are on the higher decks and frequently near the elevators, etc.

Keep in mind that even though larger, on RCI Grand Suites and Owners Suites (and the Royal Suite) accomodate 4 maximum. And while I guess that could be a meeting place, that would only be true if a group were sailing together. And as often as not I would guess that the suite occupants are sailing alone and just prefer that type of stateroom. The ones that hold more - such as the family suites - typically have families in them which would not concern me as being the party room.

Again, not challenging your preferences, just suggesting that in our experience, your concerns were not the case.

Archived