Baseball Hats in the MDR

FloridaGators

Cathyoo...true but a man being bald is easily accepted many men are bald. You have a point, but the last Carnival cruise I saw many men wearing caps Im sure they all didn't have chemo, there is sometimes that one person yes, but the maitre d' should go over to them and ask if they wearing the cap due to medical reason they may keep it on but if not to take it off.

Philly Steve good answer love it!

luddite well said but I like to add one more thing wearing a hat/cap in any dining establishment when there is no sun there because your inside just makes that person look real stupid and an azzhole. (low life too)

I don't wear a baseball cap to dinner but guys wear them because they're comfortable. It's the same thing why we wear jeans and tennis shoes. I understand "custom' but why can't anyone tell me WHY it's immoral, rude, disrespectful (or any other term) to wear a baseball hat indoors. This debate is ridiculous. What other people wear have absolutely no affect on my dining experience.

Lyndamr, to call someone who wears a hat inside stupid and azzhole IS downright rude, disrespectful, etc. If you gave me a choice to either wear a baseball hat to dinner or call someone a lowlife azzhole, I'd wear the hat every day. You criticize others for having no class. Do us all a favor and look in the mirror.

I don't wear a baseball cap to dinner but guys wear them because they're comfortable. It's the same thing why we wear jeans and tennis shoes. I understand "custom' but why can't anyone tell me WHY it's immoral, rude, disrespectful (or any other term) to wear a baseball hat indoors. This debate is ridiculous. What other people wear have absolutely no affect on my dining experience.

Lyndamr, to call someone who wears a hat inside stupid and azzhole IS downright rude, disrespectful, etc. If you gave me a choice to either wear a baseball hat to dinner or call someone a lowlife azzhole, I'd wear the hat every day. You criticize others for having no class. Do us all a favor and look in the mirror.

Buckeyefrank-

IMHO the people who are so "uptight" about this nonsense...are generally the people with the least class and least current sense of style.

They seem to think that "being on a cruise" is a status symbol, like it was 50 years ago, when it was a luxury.

cruisinhillbilly totally understand but the percentage of somebody that is on a cruise right after chemo is very low maybe 1%

scperk totally agree with you

People wear ball caps in dining establisments I say go to McDonalds thats where they belong sorry but my opinion.

My guess is that the people wearing hats in the MDR is low too. 5 cruises my sightings are 0% :rolleyes: (or I just didn't care enough about it to notice if they were). I would never judge someone wearing a hat....I don't know why they are wearing and it is not any of my business. It doesn't change the way my food tastes or the converstation I am having with my family.

Buckeyefrank-

IMHO the people who are so "uptight" about this nonsense...are generally the people with the least class and least current sense of style.

They seem to think that "being on a cruise" is a status symbol, like it was 50 years ago, when it was a luxury.

I totally agree! It's a shame we have such an elitist attitude in this country. People get offended over whether someone wears a hat, wears a burqua (sp?), has bra straps showing, talks loudly, talks too softly, drinks too much, smokes, doesn't smoke, smuggles alcohol, etc. Sometimes the most considerate thing we can do is let others enjoy their vacations.

I won't wear a hat at dinner in the dining room primarily because Carnival requests that I don't. That's respect. Calling someone as azzhole because they don't conform to your standards is not respectful.

I think for many men, it's just habit. At least it is for my boyfriend, he wears his all the time, gets to the point where he forgets he has it on. He did wear it to the dining room one night on the Legend (not an elegant night), and they politely asked him to remove it and he did. He was so embarrassed. He just forgot to take it off and I'm so used to it, I didn't notice either.

Not to stir the pot or open another debate, but why is it a woman can wear a hat to dinner but a man can't? Not even a "dress" hat like a fedora or something. Weird rules.

Anywhoo, I personally would probably never even notice what someone is wearing unless they smelled or were buck naked.

Until reading this thread before my cruise (just off Fascination) I had never really noticed hats in MDR. This cruise, I made a deliberate effort to look around and see what people were wearing. Each night in MDR, saw men wearing hats, even on "cruise elegant" night. We even had 1 man at our table who wore a hat each night. Guess what, who cares, as we had great table conversations. Now the time it took to get served and eat, hot soups that were cold, taste of some of the entrees, items ordered but not delivered, etc. that is another story.

I can't believe I wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this thread. But it is enlightening to learn that so many people think it is horrible for a person to wear a hat indoors...

Speaking of horrible, how many of you "hat-haters" are smokers? At least hats don't smell and can prevent cancer instead of cause it.

I can't believe I wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this thread. But it is enlightening to learn that so many people think it is horrible for a person to wear a hat indoors...

Speaking of horrible, how many of you "hat-haters" are smokers? At least hats don't smell and can prevent cancer instead of cause it.

Oddest analogy post of the day award.

Save that for another useless thread:confused:

Are you for real?:rolleyes:

Archived