Baseball Hats in the MDR

FloridaGators

Georgiagolfer totally understand and you don't wear it in the MDR ;)

dremn2004 I also think its disrespectful if a woman dresses that way. When I see a female that her bra straps are showing and she knows they are I think its discusting especially when they white It honestly makes one look very stupid also, totally agree. How can we avoid not looking at them when they are the people sitting right at our dining room table??

frito58 I not mind flip flops in the MDR I have many pairs that are very dressy looking, they are nicer than many shoes. I not see people's feet in the dining room we sitting at a table they under the table, so I not care about whats on a persons feet. Same goes with jeans, I see nothing wrong with jeans many types of jeans are very dressy too. My daughter has jeans with holes in them its just the style but on a cruise she not wear those pairs in the MDR.

meatloafsfan ok your entitled to your opinion but many of us do find a man wearing a cap in the MDR disrespectful even my own daughter who is not even 21 yet thinks its horrible. Now how would you feel if a woman was sitting at your dining room table, with a tank top on and hair under her armpit thats acceptable I assume to you too lol

My husband love's wearing his hat no matter what the occasion is.He alway's wear's it in the MDR.And if you have a pet peeve of people wearing hat's then you have some serious issue's if that little thing bother's you:rolleyes:.Actually this past May my husband wore a hat into the MDR and the maitre d told him to take it off, he did but he put it back on because as we looked around there were men and women wearing hat's and the maitre d didn't ask them to take there's off.I just don't see what's wrong wearing a hat in the MDR, i have been on many cruise's and i have seen worse thing's than wearing a hat:rolleyes:.

A psychologist would have a field day with people who insisted on wearing ball caps - no matter what occasion.

meatloafsfan ok your entitled to your opinion but many of us do find a man wearing a cap in the MDR disrespectful even my own daughter who is not even 21 yet thinks its horrible. Now how would you feel if a woman was sitting at your dining room table, with a tank top on and hair under her armpit thats acceptable I assume to you too lol

Child abuse is horrible;

Starvation is horrible;

Genocide, rape, and AIDs are horrible

A man wearing a hat in a dining room is not horrible.

It seems that with your carved meats and vegetables, perhaps a small side of perspective is in order.

Im sure they all didn't have chemo, there is sometimes that one person yes, but the maitre d' should go over to them and ask if they wearing the cap due to medical reason they may keep it on but if not to take it off.

Im in agreeance of removal of hats in MDR BUT......

I disagree The Maitre D should never ask any cruiser if they are wearing anything do to a medical situation. That is just plain rude. And can be very embarrasing for the Pt.

There is an insecurity that can happen. Unless you have pesonally experienced or gone thru it with a loved one most people dont understand.

For anyone that has gone thru chemo when the hair starts falling out you shave it . For men, not a big deal to some, but to others it is. It can be difficult to embrace.

[quote name='TexasCruzrs'][SIZE=4]As we all know, at least on the Carnival cruises that I've been on, there has been at least one "elegant" night and the dress code is explained in the Fun times.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]On our last cruise, on Elation, the Fun Times defined the dress code as usual but left out the part about wearing baseball caps in the MDR.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]We had a table near the Matre'd's desk and couldn't help but notice several men wearing baseball caps being admitted without comment on Elegant night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I must admit that I've never completely understood why men would find it necessary to wear a ball cap or any other hat inside.....especially in a dining room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I asked the Matre'd about this after dinner and he basically said that "they don't want to offend anyone". I suggest that Carnival should either start enforcing the dress code or drop it completely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Can anyone explain why men wear ball caps to dinner? [/SIZE][/quote]

On the next to last CCL cruise I took (Liberty? Freedom?? whatever...) the maitre'd DID tell men no ball caps in his dining room.
It depends on the maitre'd.

And let's face it, somewhere along the line, parents stopped instilling/teaching social graces. They're all but extinct.

These threads crack me up.....Boy people have issues with just about anything and everything these days.....

If a man or woman wants to wear a hat while eating So Be It....

Its sure not going to ruin my meal nor cruise...

On our last cruise during lunch We had come back from port and my hair was messed up so I kept my hat on.

A couple sitting at the table next to us looked so dimayed I thought the poor lady was going to cry or have a heart attack....

She kept saying Loudly to her husband "The nerve of that man wearing a ball cap" and on and on....

I looked over and just kept smiling at her.....I Should Of Tipped My Hat to Her, lol

But Come On People get a life.....

One of the most important things my Dad Taught me was "DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, LIFES TO SHORT"

Also for All the People with Hat or And ISSUES IVE GOT SOME TISSUES...

:D

[quote name='k9_Cop']I wear baseball hats all the time. Inside, outside, on the beach, in my pool, ill fall asleep with one on. I won't wear one on an eligate night, but if I'm eating dinner Ill wear one. If it offends anyone, I'm sorry, but deal with it.[/quote]

[quote name='LaCal']These threads crack me up.....Boy people have issues with just about anything and everything these days.....

If a man or woman wants to wear a hat while eating So Be It....

Its sure not going to ruin my meal nor cruise...

On our last cruise during lunch We had come back from port and my hair was messed up so I kept my hat on.

A couple sitting at the table next to us looked so dimayed I thought the poor lady was going to cry or have a heart attack....

She kept saying Loudly to her husband "The nerve of that man wearing a ball cap" and on and on....

I looked over and just kept smiling at her.....I Should Of Tipped My Hat to Her, lol

But Come On People get a life.....

One of the most important things my Dad Taught me was "DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, LIFES TO SHORT"

Also for All the People with Hat or And ISSUES IVE GOT SOME TISSUES...

:D[/quote]

Yup....I rest my case. ;)

[quote name='halos']Yup....I rest my case. ;)[/quote]

You rest your case, lmfao....

Your prob one of the worst complainers in the bunch.....

Live your own life and dont worry about what others do or dont do or what manners they were taught or not taught..

Makes Life a lot more Enjoyable.....:D

[quote name='dave_k63']exactly! hats are NOT to be worn inside, ever....well hardly ever ( I think an exception can be made for medical reasons).
When I was a boy, if I wore a hat inside, my father would take it off for me, but managed to grab a hunk of hair in the process.[/quote]

Completely agree. We were raised that when a male enters ANY inside establishments they were to take their hats off. And wearing one to the table was reason to stop the meal until whoever the offender was removed the hat or was asked to leave the table. Noone was allowed to come to the table for breakfast, lunch or dinner without a shirt on either.:eek::) When my husband and I first started dating he had to learn fast or he wasn't allowed in the house or to join us for a meal. Now he is as serious about the issue as my dad was.:p These days I don't ask a visitor to take their hat off by just entering our house even though I don't like it but I DO ask them to remove it if they are dining with us. I usually don't have to though.:)

[quote name='rpach10115']Wow.
1830 reads and 90 responses.

I just flabbergasted that this is a topic and almost 1900 people, including me, have actually taken the time to read this nonsence.

Guilty as charged.[/quote]
:p
In my case, it is because I am obsessed with my upcoming cruise and am just living vicariously on the boards, and laughing at the intensity some folks' grip their own opinions!

My husband is a hat wearer and always has been. He started going bald at 18 and it was a huge insecurity. Today it is more of a habit. If he is asked to remove his hat he respectfully does so and he doesn't purposefully ignore the dress code. He has forgotten a time or two and been asked to remove it. No big deal.

Being offended by someone wearing a hat is ridiculous. After 12 year of marriage my doors are still opened for me, my chair is still pulled out for me, and I am always treated with respect ... And I have never had a meal taste any different whether there was a hat in his head or not.

I would much rather spend my vacation time with a hat wearer than someone that sits around passing ridiculous judgement on others.

[quote name='LaCal']You rest your case, lmfao....

Your prob one of the worst complainers in the bunch.....

Live your own life and dont worry about what others do or dont do or what manners they were taught or not taught..

Makes Life a lot more Enjoyable.....:D[/quote]

I have an entire post history...go find my complaints...Oh and don't sail on the Freedom. The Maitre'd will make you take your precious ball cap off before setting foot in the dining room.
If YOU have a complaint with that, file it with him.

And thanks for further making my point.

[quote name='jaxcruiser23']My husband love's wearing his hat no matter what the occasion is.He alway's wear's it in the MDR.And if you have a pet peeve of people wearing hat's then you have some serious issue's if that little thing bother's you:rolleyes:.Actually this past May my husband wore a hat into the MDR and the maitre d told him to take it off, he did but he put it back on because as we looked around there were men and women wearing hat's and the maitre d didn't ask them to take there's off.I just don't see what's wrong wearing a hat in the MDR, i have been on many cruise's and i have seen worse thing's than wearing a hat:rolleyes:.[/quote]

congratulationsthisiswonderfultohear

I would never wear my hat/cap while eating in the MDR...nor would I if I was at a formal-type dinner or restraunt. I do, however, occasionally wear one when we go out to eat..Applebees..Olive Garden...Outback...places like that. This doesnt bother my wife...(she will definately tell me if she thinks its out of place)...and anyone else can just deal with it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...but to belittle someone on a subject like this..which ever side of the fence you happen to be on...thats a far worse example of bad ettiquete/manners/upbringing/social graces than to just be some fellow or lady wearing a hat where some folks dont think its right. If its a rule, then I agree no hats..and enforce it fairly for all. If its not, such as in a typical non-fancy restraunt...then I may be wearing my hat or cap and if you dont like it...well...this is still America where people have choices. And I agree with the poster above...I have seen far worse examples of dress or appearance than a hat wearer. Do I snicker..or make loud comments...or stare meanly at these people?? No. Kinda reminds me of a story Abraham Lincoln told...A fancy, society type lady was out for a carriage ride. She passed a fellow on an old horse who was the ugliest man she had ever seen. I mean really ugly...and poorly dressed. She expressed comtempt for this fellow to her partner. The partner offered that maybe he couldnt help the fact that he was ugly and poor. Maybe so...said the lady...but he could have stayed home! Guess if there had been a Mcdonalds back then, maybe she'd had said he should just go there!!!:)

meatloafsfan- Go ahead laugh at the fact I really only can eat vegetables, potatoes, meat and salad on a cruise...no pizza, no calzones, no marinaded meats, nothing that has fillers or is breaded, no salad dressings, no sauces, no , really no desserts...GO AHEAD MAKE FUN OF ME AS YOU HAVE READ ON MY OTHER POSTS I HAVE CELIAC DISEASE, YOUR SO RUDE!

jonbgood you know I was thinking about it afterwards and your absolutely right. My grandmother twice had chemo and lost her hair, odd thing is that she had a wig but never wore it. We didn't care she was bald because we were just happy she alive. I hope others out there realize if you have medical treatments that make you loose your hair nobody is laughing or even stairing at you, at least that goes for me.

I guess also its the upbringing...and quite honestly, its nice seeing the majority do take their hats off. Real gentlemen.

wow, who knew people were so passionate about a baseball cap and wearing it/not wearing it indoors.

I just hope all of these miss manners people properly place their napkins on their lap, lay their fork down in between each bite, and eat their bread properly, and drink their tea with pinky up.

but yes, i agree, MDR is suppose to be a more "formal" dining area. but i'm not gonna have a fit if someone wears a cap and does not remove it. it's not going to offend me. it's just showing me who they are.

i have bigger battles personally to worry about.
i'd rather CCL not allow people with piercings and tattoos all of their faces, but hey, that's just me. To each their own.

I just thought of something after reading all these posts. I think it's kind of funny that people are so in love with their hats they intentionally wear them even when it is suggested they don't. Or maybe they're in love with their looks and feel they will be diminished without their cap.

Now the other thing. I am REALLY offended when people don't take off their hats for the National Anthem at sporting events. There. That's it for me. ( I think)

[quote name='TexasCruzrs'][SIZE=4]As we all know, at least on the Carnival cruises that I've been on, there has been at least one "elegant" night and the dress code is explained in the Fun times.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]On our last cruise, on Elation, the Fun Times defined the dress code as usual but left out the part about wearing baseball caps in the MDR.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]We had a table near the Matre'd's desk and couldn't help but notice several men wearing baseball caps being admitted without comment on Elegant night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I must admit that I've never completely understood why men would find it necessary to wear a ball cap or any other hat inside.....especially in a dining room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I asked the Matre'd about this after dinner and he basically said that "they don't want to offend anyone". I suggest that Carnival should either start enforcing the dress code or drop it completely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Can anyone explain why men wear ball caps to dinner? [/SIZE][/quote]
Who cares what anyone wears it doesnt affect our dinner or cruise. Just look the other way if it bothers you that much!!

Archived