Baseball Hats in the MDR

FloridaGators

USN - I don't know about the Navy, but in the Army, if you walked into the NCO Club with your cover on, a bell rang and you immediately bought a round

Oops - I saw the usn at the beginning of your name and incorrectly assumed you were navy - sorry lol

At the American Legion here, if you walk into the bar with a hat on, you WILL be asked to remove it AND you will be required to buy a round. I've seen it happen several times!

I only occasionally where a cap, typically to shield my eyes or protect my balding head from burning in direct sunlight. Don't care whether others do or don't wear anything on their heads, and I have no idea why hats, caps, and other headgear attract so many "customs" in various cultures.

Worrying about it is a stupid waste of human potential, unless one derives meaning in life by disparaging tiny things that others do.

A baseball cap. Oh the horrors!

I only occasionally where a cap, typically to shield my eyes or protect my balding head from burning in direct sunlight. Don't care whether others do or don't wear anything on their heads, and I have no idea why hats, caps, and other headgear attract so many "customs" in various cultures.

Worrying about it is a stupid waste of human potential, unless one derives meaning in life by disparaging tiny things that others do.

A baseball cap. Oh the horrors!

^^^what he said^^^

Also, if I wear a hat, for even a few minutes, my hair is seriously

screwed up. It won't comb enough to look decent enough to be seen in public.

I have to take a shower and shampoo.

I can't stand seeing a male wearing a baseball cap inside any dining establishment of any kind neverless the cruise ship MDR. I think its pure rude and no sense of respect to those around them.

May i ask how it is rude and disrespectful to others? I don't really care one way or the other. But i fail to see how it is disrespectful to you or anyone else unless that is just you're personal opinion.

For breakfast and lunch....When I sit down at the table I take my hat off

I dont wear a hat for dinner.

Funny story this weekend in Galveston I was down at the commisioning of the USS Ft Worth and I had one of my old ships hats on exiting the elevator.

As I walked thru the lobby, a USN Captain that I had been talking to earlier, had his cover on and immediatly removed it when he saw me;)

yep, even though dh is big time hat/cap wearer, i don't care....except at dinner. i want to see his eyes/face lol.

other than that, as long as your hat/cap is not filthy, i don't care. it doesn't bother me, it doesn't offend me...again, unless it's filthy.

i don't know why one would think wearing a cap is offensive, but other types of headgear are not.

either they all are, or none all. jmo (of course, again, as long as they are clean) lol

men years ago use to tip their hats at women. i am not offended if that is not done today. years ago, women wore gloves all the time and it was impolite not to. i don't see that anymore. some ideas/traditions are better left fizzing out.

of course the military has their own rules, and i know many of them are for discipline. it's different there.

many traditionalists dislike wearing of hats anywhere indoors. I for one don't care and it doesn't bother me. My buddy is quite bald now and wears his hat 24 hours a day as he is very self conscious about being bald......same reason people were sunglasses indoors I guess. I don't get it but some do

My buddy is quite bald now and wears his hat 24 hours a day as he is very self conscious about being bald

That's actually a reason that I'd be disinclined to wear a hat all the time. It's always a shock to people when your hat comes off and you're bald. Even I, having lost much of my hair at a fairly young age, have this reaction when I first discover that somebody is bald (or much balder than I expected).

Cruiser I find it distasteful to see a man with a cap/baseball hat any type of hat in any interior public place especially in a dining room/restaurant. I totally can understand to shield ones eyes from the sun but your inside it looks totally ridicious and makes a man look like a boy or immature adult basically REALLY STUPID...again Im entitled to my opinion. I guess its in our upbringing....some families have and show etiquette others don't.

jonbgood I respect your manners for taking your hat off in public places. Your a true gentleman.

Redsfan I say if a man is bald they need to accept what they look like because nobody makes fun of them, its a natural thing that happens and I not one to judge anybody because they are bald. They need to walk with their heads high and feel good about themselves, not hide their heads.

On one of my last cruises there was a "gentleman" that wore his cap at the table every night...At least he didn't have it on backwards...I cannot see why anyone would wear one in the dining room and its after dark anyway............Dennis

I wear baseball hats all the time. Inside, outside, on the beach, in my pool, ill fall asleep with one on. I won't wear one on an eligate night, but if I'm eating dinner Ill wear one. If it offends anyone, I'm sorry, but deal with it.

to the Op they might of been wearing the hats to cover up chemo, like my father on our last cruise before we lost him to lymphoma, he wore a nice stetson in the dining room,he "always use to dress western", he didn't like it because he was very old-school, but he didn't want to gross people out with his patches of hair, so to all you other people, don't be so quick to judge, they might be hiding something that is very embarrassing to them.

it's becoming a sad world where we have to live up to what others think

everyone acts like everyone should know the rules of others but you can't expect for everyone to be brought up the same way. i have a friend that make below poverty level incomes that saved 8 years to take a cruise. Etiquette to him is giving thanks for the small amount of food he gets to eat. and would be very upset if he a fended anyone, but i guaranty he would everyday on a cruise just because he doesn't know better.

so please have a heart and give people a brake

I wear baseball hats all the time. Inside, outside, on the beach, in my pool, ill fall asleep with one on. I won't wear one on an eligate night, but if I'm eating dinner Ill wear one. If it offends anyone, I'm sorry, but deal with it.

YEP, some more of the "me" generation.....LOL...Dennis

Can anyone explain to me why men wear ball caps inside anyplace???

What do you mean by inside anyplace????

Are you saying inside anyplace like a grocery store or an elevator or an indoor stadium;)

cruisinhillbilly totally understand but the percentage of somebody that is on a cruise right after chemo is very low maybe 1%

scperk totally agree with you

People wear ball caps in dining establisments I say go to McDonalds thats where they belong sorry but my opinion.

Really ????

THIS is a topic/thread ????:eek::eek::eek:

We really have reached the end. :mad:

EVERY question has now been asked/answered on this forum. :(

I did a search on "baseball hat", and it returned back 20+ pages. Incredible! Just incredible. Most of them dealt with formal night. Equally incredible. I've never thought of putting on my Tux and my Yankees hats. Great Idea, but the wife might give me a hard time!

This question belongs on facebook or twitter, not CC.

USN - I don't know about the Navy, but in the Army, if you walked into the NCO Club with your cover on, a bell rang and you immediately bought a round

Oops - I saw the usn at the beginning of your name and incorrectly assumed you were navy - sorry lol

It's ok. I don't take it personal...:D

Nice..................

I was in the Navy and I never wore my ball cap or Snoopy bowl indoors. Can't remember if that is regulation or just good manners on my part.

Military regulation. Military members are to uncover when entering a building but there are exceptions like a formation in an armory. When outside military members will be covered. This is the general rules.

In the west men wear hats inside along with their blue jeans, long sleeved shirt and coat. Different parts of the country have different customs.

Archived