7 ships in port.

rajones007

There are 7 ships in St. Thomas on the day my ship (NCL Epic) arrives on 28 Nov 2012. Where do they put all these ships?

Will some ships be forced to tender? Or is there another pier I'm unaware of?

I'm just curious, that's all.

(For the record, according to cruise tt the ships in port on that day are the NCL Sun, NCL Epic, HAL Eurodam, HAL Veendam, Grand Princess, RCCL Allure of the Seas, and RCCL Explorer of the Seas. That's a total of 21,347 passengers. Ugh.)

HAL's two ships will dock at Crown Bay as they almost always do.

Princess also docks most of the time at Crown Bay vs. Havensight.

We were in STT January 2007 on Noordam and we anchored in the inner harbor there were so many ships in. We thought that would be awful having to tender but it actually was good. They handled the tendering really well that day and we were dropped right in the center of downtown Charlotte Amalie at that little dock. It was very convenient.

STT, obviously, will be crowded but they can handle it.

When the time gets closer, you will be able to see docking assignments at the USVI site.

I've read that Allure (and Oasis) have to dock at Crown Bay. Since Allure is so big, Crown Bay will probably only be able to take one more ship. Maybe one of the HAL ships.

I would bet all the rest will be at Havensight.

Oddly, when we're there on Ruby Princess on November 8th, there are NO/Zero/Nada other ships in port that day. I've never seen that before.

On the other hand, when we're in St. Martin the day before, there will be 5 ships in port.

I'm in that day as well, I was wondering how bad it's going to be =/ We're on the Explorer.

I want to hire a private driver for the day (I'm nervous about taxi service with that many people). I have this fear of missing the boat lol. I haven't found any yet though!

Yikes! It seems like a LOT of people!

Allure and Oasis have to dock at Crown Bay. We have been twice on Eurodam and docked there with them. The rest will be at Havensight or anchor.

That number of ships in St. Thomas has become the norm and other than traffic in town they spread out across the island and it is not too bad. I would avoid Coki and Megan's Bay because they will probably get a good amount of the people.

Been to STT a dozen times never been there with 7 ships in port, we are gonna be on the Grand Princess(11/28) does anyone know where we will be docked?? I was planning on Crown Bay Marina but after everything Im reading Im not sure anymore.

I was on STT back in 2002 with 4 ships in port, Charlotte Amalie you couldnt move much less walk, but we had no choice to walk simply because we couldnt get a taxi back to Havensight and the ship. With 7 ships in port downtown is gonna be a nightmare.

Not really sure what Im gonna do yet we had plans to go to Magens for the day but it's gonna be slammed, my go very early and go down to the end of the bay and get a spot.

Thanks for any help Todd

Been to STT a dozen times never been there with 7 ships in port, we are gonna be on the Grand Princess(11/28) does anyone know where we will be docked?? I was planning on Crown Bay Marina but after everything Im reading Im not sure anymore.

Thanks for any help Todd

As it stands right now VI Now has Grand Princess listed as docking at WICO (Havensight). We have found VI Now is usually accurate but occasionally things change.

We will be in St. Thomas the end of Jan/13 on Celebrity Eclipse. I think there is something like 7 ships that day, including the Oasis. We already know we will tender. I have never tendered in St. Thomas. Looking forward to coming into the little dock right in town. This puts us right at the craft market area. Love to shop there. We are thinking of going over to Emerald beach. We have been to St. Johns twice, Sapphire beach 3X, and Meagans bay once. Just want to try out something new.

Well, it looks like cruisett erred and put the HAL Veendam in St Thomas. She is cruising South America at the time and is nowhere near the Virgin Islands.

The VI Now site is awesome. It shows 6 ships on 28 Nov 2012:

--Explorer of the Seas, Grand Princess, and NCL Epic will all be docked at WICO (Havensight)

--Allure of the Seas and HAL Eurodam will be docked at Crown Bay

--And the NCL Sun will be anchored in Charlotte Amalie harbour and her passengers tendered directly into the city.

Afterthought: I was always led to believe that the Epic, Allure, and Oasis were all too big to tender because it would be horribly inefficient due to the sheer amount of passengers. Anybody know if that's true?

We'll be on the Sun for that cruise ... our docs say we are tendering which means NCL is not offering the excursion we wanted to do (kayak, hike & snorkel Cas Cay) due to time constraints ... BUMMER!

I've been to Charlotte Amalie both with two ships in port, and several ... getting around with 7 in port is gonna be a real mess.

But hey, a day at a port is still better than a day at work, right ;)

Sharon

I was mistaken on the tour times with viecotours ... it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it work this trip.

Guess we'll have to book a ship tour or just bum around on our own. Maybe we'll go see the Magic Ice place.

Safe travels...

Archived