Forgive Me Royal Carbbean - I Cheated On You

I also wondered about the lighting in the pictures, and the better lit photos do look nicer. But the decor is still over the top, IMHO, and those ugly candelabra are even worse .

The other issues raised are all over the RCCL boards about their ships . Everyone's experiences will differ.

I do have one question: Are the staterooms also decorated in this faux-Baroque style, or are they any tamer?

Happy cruising to all !

dmwnc1959, thanks for posting the pictures. I've been on 3 Carnival cruises and the decor is a little over the top but we had a great time on each one.

When I was a Travel Agent I would refer to the decor of Carnival's ships as sort of a 'Las Vegas at Sea'. Every room on every ship has a different theme, different style, and different look. Some think it's garish, yet a lot more people think it is fun and entertaining. It's what made Carnival the most popular cruise line in the world.

You're welcome. She is a nice ship. It's a shame that some will take away a bad opinion of her based off this thread.

But how easy is it to stereotype a cruise line based off of slanted reviews and bad pictures. If that were the case I would never sail Enchantment of the Seas (and by process of elimination RCI) due to all the reviews I have read that mentioned sewage smells in the halls, horrible food, and cigarette smoke in the atrium drifting out from Bolero's. :eek:

RCI is not the shining beacon of the cruise industry. Only among those who Loyal to Royal. But there are a LOT more people over on the Carnival Forum that are quite happy and content with that product which has routinely beat RCI in food quality, entertainment, clean ships, and service.

Providing facts will not help you win this arguement. I personally don't understand the RCCL vs CCL fights. They are both mass market and both have the same mix of passengers.

Oh no... I was pricing a Carnival cruise out of Baltimore next spring. Judging by those pics, I think my family would KILL me if I took them on a ship that looked like THAT! :(

Carnival's newer ships decor is MUCH nicer than what is experienced with some of the older ships. You should check out the Carnival Dream, Magic Breeze as well as the renderings for the upcoming Carnival Sunshine (Destiny) after her dry dock next year.

Providing facts will not help you win this arguement.

Never let FACTS get in the way of a good (argument) discussion...;)

I personally don't understand the RCCL vs CCL fights. They are both mass market and both have the same mix of passengers.

I'm not a cheerleader for either brand. My last three cruises were with Celebrity, my next one is with RCI, the next three after that with Princess.

My defense is to stand up against those who love to bash Carnival. That seems to be a favorite pass time on the RCI Forum with these type of "Forgive Me' threads. :cool:

If Carnival isn't your cup of tea that doesn't mean other Royal Caribbean cruisers will hate it just like you do. I've rarely if never have seen a balanced review from someone who just cruised Carnival once and tried to compare it against their column of past RCI cruises listed in their signature.

..... but we all have our opinions, and that's okay. ;)

I totally agree with the above.

(Some of you are going to trip, you have your noses so high in the air. You do realize that cruisers of other lines are looking down on, and mocking you? Check yourself)

You said it better in the first quote. Why is being of a different opinion equal to having the nose up in the air?:confused:

Yep I do know cruisers of other lines are looking down and mocking me - you know what, I don´t care what other people think about me. I might care what people who are important to me think about me but not some unknown strangers.

Obviously Carnival cruise line is a succesful line and to be succesful they need to do a lot of things right. Many people like cruising Carnival, nothing wrong with that, just like there´s nothing wrong with people who don´t like it.

I´m one of those that most likely (never say never;)) will book a Carnival cruise and I´m rating them with having never taken a Carnival cruise. Now I know many will flame me for this, but then I keep reading on the boards one should research before booking to not be disappointed when coming back and complain - I agree with this. I did my research and what I saw and read about the product was not to my liking, so I stay away from it. IMO the design of their ships (which is the main topic of this thread) is ugly and I say great if you like it, I like the style of RCI much better. It´s a matter of personal taste, but that´s of course just one point about why I don´t think Carnival would be the best choice for me.

I´ve been on quite a few lines and don´t cruise RCI exclusively, but there´s a few that are not on my list of want to try.

The point I don´t get is why do so many take it personally? You might think it´s a loss for me to not try, while I´m perfectly happy with it.

If someone tells me I´m not happy with RCI and won´t ever sail again with them, I say hey it´s your choice, nothing wrong with your decision, enjoy whatever you do in the future.

Thanks for the heads up! I once considered this cruise since I'm a MD resident. Glad now I didn't. The decor looks positively gloomy.

Thanks for posting!

Nancy

Kind of like this picture (reminds me of the Lincoln Tunnel in NY) of the Explorer of the Seas, which in reality probably isn't a fair representative of the Royal Promenade. Don't judge a cruise ship by someone else's bad photo taking skills.

8062842329_57cf19c9cd.jpg

I agree, looked interesting to me. I have never considered a Carnival cruise, not because of the decor but simply because most of the people that I personally know that enjoy Carnival are not people I would want to hang out with (does that make any sense at all?). I think my kids would totally dig the decor, the cabins look a little like NCL to me.....they look pretty basic.

Hey, if the price is right I would never turn down a line simply because of the decor. ;)

When I sailed on the Pride a couple times I didnt really notice her looking as bad as the OP's photos made her look.

Since I grew up cruising Carnival ships Im used to the Farcus design. It never ruined my cruise. Ive stayed in many hotels that arnt the prettiest interior design either. I so look forward to the Breeze.

The Pride(spirit class) is my favorite class of ship along with Radiance class.

I would actually prefer sailing that class of ship even with the faux tacky candelabras with all the ocean views and places to relax with windows than sailing in a shopping mall

JMHO

To the OP that is why there are so many cruise choices. If you dont like one ship or cruiseline you can always cruise on another

Some of you making the "hideous" comments, have you ever stepped your 'classy' :rolleyes: feet onto a CCL ship?

Due to my career, I have been aboard almost every ship class of all the major cruise lines. My honest opinion is that CCL ships are consistently uglier than all the others. I just have a hard time stomaching the Farcus designs. I'm not a fan of dark colors, and he uses a lot of neon, blacks, purples, and golds.

That's just my opinion and there is no reason anyone should be offended by it.

Due to my career, I have been aboard almost every ship class of all the major cruise lines. My honest opinion is that CCL ships are consistently uglier than all the others. I just have a hard time stomaching the Farcus designs. I'm not a fan of dark colors, and he uses a lot of blacks, purples, and golds.

That's just my opinion and there is no reason anyone should be offended by it.

Maybe besides Farcus;):D

Cheating on RCL with Carnival? That's like cheating on your spouse with a skanky common street walker...:eek:....should have picked a little more classy if you're going to stray........;)

Lol... With that being said, I'm afraid to admit that I'm cheating as well in April and now I'm afraid......I guess I won't have to worry about the ole stereotype; once a cheater, always a cheater:-)

Archived