Forgive Me Royal Carbbean - I Cheated On You

Hey lovelife.......that last photo you posted must be a hit on a "swingers' cruise"..........:eek:..............:D:D:D

I doubt it.

Most "swingers" are more mature than you and don't feel the need to "blush & giggle" over a statue of a naked male...

I'll be the first to say it but the OP's pictures are pretty awful, and it really wasn't just because of the ship (which I have been on and enjoyed thoroughly). The OP's pictures are awful because of either really poor photographic skills (overexposed pointing into bright light) or they chose the worst ones they could pull from their inventory to prove a point.

Carnival Pride atrium

grand_atrium_bar_lg.jpg

Compared to the OP's picture

8061043150_a5835bf8ab_z.jpg

To the top pic: Okay now I remember the Pride

To the Op's pic: Although the camera setting is wrong I kind of like the look, it's so different from what it really looks like I thought Carnival had made a major change.

To the OP: Camera setting might have been off, but I really like the pic. If it did look like this it would be a great ship for a spooky Halloween cruise.

My first cruise was 2010 on the Pride and these pictures don't lie! It is amazing I have cruised again. The Pride was hideous! Having nothing to compare it to, we just took it all in stride but I was so damn tired of gold cherubs! It was hilarious watching parents explain that it was NOT a naked lady but art when they saw that huge reclining nude in the piano bar. I kept expecting to see the Munsters!

Second cruise was Oasis2011! Can you imagine? My mouth just dropped open when we entered the ship and continued to do so all week. We booked Oasis for 2012 immediately after returning home and will be booking Allure very soon for 2013. I had fun on Pride because we met some very nice people but for $100 more we had a balcony on Oasis. No brainer!!!!!

We are straying next week. RCCL only had 3 ships out of Florida this month. They were all almost double of what we paid for Carnival so we are trying them again. (First one wasn't all that great.) We are Diamond and will be back but needed a cheap get a way. Hope we can adjust and just have fun. I already know I will miss the great RCCL ships. I saw pics of the ship we are going on and it looks like someone threw up color everywhere. One of the things we love about Royal are the classy ships and all the artwork.

My first cruise was 2010 on the Pride and these pictures don't lie! It is amazing I have cruised again. The Pride was hideous! Having nothing to compare it to, we just took it all in stride but I was so damn tired of gold cherubs! It was hilarious watching parents explain that it was NOT a naked lady but art when they saw that huge reclining nude in the piano bar. I kept expecting to see the Munsters!

Second cruise was Oasis2011! Can you imagine? My mouth just dropped open when we entered the ship and continued to do so all week. We booked Oasis for 2012 immediately after returning home and will be booking Allure very soon for 2013. I had fun on Pride because we met some very nice people but for $100 more we had a balcony on Oasis. No brainer!!!!!

My biggest dislike of Carnival is that the ships all have pretty much the same layout and color scheme. I have cruise with Carnival a few times. My reason for going back to RccL is because of the Royal Prom it's such a change from anything that Carnival offers. I will still cruise Carnival as it has cruises here on the West Coast to Mexico making it a very easy cruise with out the need to fly. Shame RccL left LA port.

Am I missing something or were you buying the ship and not visiting it for a week? Maybe I should start checking out the decor to see if I can even deal with that ship.......sailed lots of lines and that's the least of my concerns and I live in 4ksf of house on the beach that I think was nicely done. So does anyone else that drives up or enters it.

Shallow.....size up a person by thier shoes? The car, etc? You'd be amazed who's worth 100x more then you.

If your so upscale you would not be on either line.

Am I missing something or were you buying the ship and not visiting it for a week? Maybe I should start checking out the decor to see if I can even deal with that ship.......sailed lots of lines and that's the least of my concerns and I live in 4ksf of house on the beach that I think was nicely done. So does anyone else that drives up or enters it.

Shallow.....size up a person by thier shoes? The car, etc? You'd be amazed who's worth 100x more then you.

If your so upscale you would not be on either line.

Shallow has nothing to do with it. If someone chooses to spend their money on a vacation there is no reason they can't factor in every detail.

David in all due respect those same threads happen over on the Carnival board. It happens on all boards on this site. The Carnival crowd is just as guilty or worse for doing it. Let's be careful about labeling one specific group as cheerleaders. I've noticed that several from the Carnival board have come over here on this thread waving their pom-poms. :rolleyes:

Hi Gordon!

Hope you are well. I rarely visit the Carnival Boards so now that the Carnival Brigade has arrived I can leave it to them. ;) Initially everyone was piling on the anti-Carnival bandwagon based solely on the lousy pictures so I had to correct that aspect of it.

I guess if someone sails RCI near exclusively like the OP a cruise on Carnival would be a shock to the system, but a more balanced approach would have been nice other than 'drunks at the pool slide' and appearing to have booked a cruise on a ship in which they did absolutely NO research other than the itinerary. Wouldn't they have at least looked online for pictures of the interior? Guess they didn't bother.

Looking forward to ALLURE in 56 days and RUBY PRINCESS in 63 days. I keep finding myself checking out your (and Ernie's) review and pictures. Still debating on if I will actually attend CHICAGO as ninety minutes seems like a long time for a show.

How would you recommend they decorate it?

Maybe like a cruise ship!

What you really mean is that you want the Carnival ships to look like Princess and RCI so that they are so indistinguishable from each other that they blend in with the rest of the industry? Thank God the architechs of Vegas, Disney, and Universal thought outside the box or we'd all have theme parks and vacation destinations that look like Pleasantville.

Hate them or like them they are unique and offer a diversion from the doldrums and lack of imagination (cookie cutter ship interiors) the rest of the industry suffers from. Some people like the consistency and xeroxed looks of an entire fleet of cruise ships and are comfortable with that. It offers them a familiar 'home' no matter what ship they pick. Some people are just more adventurous than that.

While its true that Carnival ships will probably never win any "Most Beautiful Ship" awards, I think that this thread is more about the OP's bad picture taking abilities than about what the Carnival Pride actually looks like.

Carnival does have some uuuuuugly ships, but it also has some cool looking ships, some actually fairly decently decorated (Liberty, Breeze, Magic, and Dream). The Sunshine (former Destiny) is supposed to come out looking like the Breeze as well.

I think NCL sure gives them a run for their money in that category. ;)

My biggest horror with NCL was entering the buffet ( can't remember if it was the STAR or Pride of America) but they had school cafeteria type tables with cheap plastic chairs pulled up to them. :eek:

The thing we disliked most about Carnival were the LINES. The layout in the food area was terrible and very crowded no matter where you went. It didn't help that there were many rude people constantly knocking into you.

I was on the Pride as our first cruise. I don't remember the candelabras and thought it was more elegant than other ships I have seen in the same line. I agree with the lines issues. The layout of the buffet area was a disaster with lines everywhere. On our first RCCL cruise, I thought the buffet area was arranged better to get rid of the lines. And the rude peeps! OMG:eek:. Both of CCL cruises were stocked full of rude people. Our first RCCL cruise was a wonderful difference.

Would I never go on a CCL cruise again? Um, well no. I might venture upon the open seas with them but truthfully, 1 RCCL cruise vs 2 CCL cruises has me not looking at CCL. I am even a stockholder (but they have many brands under one name!) I will be looking forward to our short 3 day on Majesty to confirm my suspicions that I prefer Royal.

That said, CCL does have quite a few "loyals". To each his own. There is a cruiseline out there for everyone!:D

I agree that the buffet area on the pride was a disaster. Also, at night the aft deck where they held parties was filled with smokers and trash left all over the tables along with overflowing ashtrays. The adult pool was filthy. There was skin floating by from people peeling and and oil slick from the suntan lotion. I never saw such filth on Oasis. Our balcony had paint chips falling on the chairs. Never CCL for me again!

The cabin color is true to life as are the other photos! The steakhouse has red glass intentionally casting that hue.

I was going to say the same thing. That picture of the steakhouse is true to life. The red glass makes it look that way during the daytime. The one time I saw that room on a Spirit Class ship, it was daytime and looked exactly like that.

I was going to say the same thing. That picture of the steakhouse is true to life. The red glass makes it look that way during the daytime. The one time I saw that room on a Spirit Class ship, it was daytime and looked exactly like that.

Another picture from Radio's collection showing the red tinted glass from the outside

B23-vi.jpg

I agree that the buffet area on the pride was a disaster. Also, at night the aft deck where they held parties was filled with smokers and trash left all over the tables along with overflowing ashtrays. The adult pool was filthy. There was skin floating by from people peeling and and oil slick from the suntan lotion. I never saw such filth on Oasis. Our balcony had paint chips falling on the chairs. Never CCL for me again!

Ahh it was the Pride (an American based ship, how nice) that was the last NCL cruise I sailed on back in '07. I considered NCL as the lowest of the batch as far a Cruise Lines go. I then went on to cruise CCL and I find them to be ok but just got tired of the same thing over and over (really freaky decor and the same layout). I have always liked RccL but Carnival has always been cheaper.

The FOS cruise I'm going on in Dec. believe it or not was cheaper then Carnival for basically the same itinerary and throw in the awesome Royal Prom and it was a no brainier. I'm hoping to do more RccL from now on although I'll still cruise CCL from time to time. I also enjoyed my time on Princess but will not cruise with them because of the no smoking on the balcony thing (Celebrity either) which is ok, I'm glad there are CL's with that policy just as long as there are CL's with out.

I'll be the first to say it but the OP's pictures are pretty awful, and it really wasn't just because of the ship (which I have been on and enjoyed thoroughly). The OP's pictures are awful because of either really poor photographic skills (overexposed pointing into bright light) or they chose the worst ones they could pull from their inventory to prove a point.

Carnival Pride atrium

grand_atrium_bar_lg.jpg

Carnival%20Pride%20Jan%201-8%202006%20(45).JPG

Compared to the OP's picture

8061043150_a5835bf8ab_z.jpg

Another picture from a flikr account

4656213156_40c8774822_z.jpg

We all have different expectations and different experiences. Like I said before I have been on Carnival and am Platinum with them. But I have also been on Cunard, Holland-America, Princess, Celebrity, and RCI. All were different, all were great, and all were not cookie cutter experiences, more so with Carnival.

I wouldn't NOT cruise Carnival based off of a couple of 'Loyal to Royal' reviews and a set of really bad pictures. :cool:

Well said!! I've sailed the Pride x2 and enjoyed both cruises as much as any RCI cruise...I even had a better experience with the 'Lido'/Merimaid Grille on the second trip !:)

What you really mean is that you want the Carnival ships to look like Princess and RCI so that they are so indistinguishable from each other that they blend in with the rest of the industry? Thank God the architechs of Vegas, Disney, and Universal thought outside the box or we'd all have theme parks and vacation destinations that look like Pleasantville.

Hate them or like them they are unique and offer a diversion from the doldrums and lack of imagination (cookie cutter ship interiors) the rest of the industry suffers from. Some people like the consistency and xeroxed looks of an entire fleet of cruise ships and are comfortable with that. It offers them a familiar 'home' no matter what ship they pick. Some people are just more adventurous than that.

Take chill pill !!!!! Ha ha ha

Archived