Forgive Me Royal Carbbean - I Cheated On You

Due to my career, I have been aboard almost every ship class of all the major cruise lines. My honest opinion is that CCL ships are consistently uglier than all the others. I just have a hard time stomaching the Farcus designs. I'm not a fan of dark colors, and he uses a lot of neon, blacks, purples, and golds.

That's just my opinion and there is no reason anyone should be offended by it.

Maybe Im comparing to Haze gray and underway as well;)

Any cruise ship is better than that:D

I agree, looked interesting to me. I have never considered a Carnival cruise, not because of the decor but simply because most of the people that I personally know that enjoy Carnival are not people I would want to hang out with (does that make any sense at all?). I think my kids would totally dig the decor, the cabins look a little like NCL to me.....they look pretty basic.

Hey, if the price is right I would never turn down a line simply because of the decor. ;)

Between Carnival, Norwegian and RCI (been on all three out of NYc) I've found they all have the exact same demographic.

Well, almost the same. I remember many French Canadians on Norwegian.

The real differences between the ships is the decor, not the people.

Someone compared the Carnival ship(s) to Vegas hotels and I think that's the perfect description. Ostentatious I guess.

But if you're into the whole Vegas bit, I don't see why someone wouldn't enjoy it.

Don't try to act like to much of a snob, it doesn't work.

It's like the Kmart people making fun of the Walmart people for being low class.

Or like the Chevy drivers laughing at the Ford drivers.

There really is not too much of a difference....

This I agree with. I only have one cruise on each. While the decor was different our overall experience was similar. We had a good time on both.

Never let FACTS get in the way of a good (argument) discussion...;)

I'm not a cheerleader for either brand. My last three cruises were with Celebrity, my next one is with RCI, the next three after that with Princess.

My defense is to stand up against those who love to bash Carnival. That seems to be a favorite pass time on the RCI Forum with these type of "Forgive Me' threads. :cool:

If Carnival isn't your cup of tea that doesn't mean other Royal Caribbean cruisers will hate it just like you do. I've rarely if never have seen a balanced review from someone who just cruised Carnival once and tried to compare it against their column of past RCI cruises listed in their signature.

David in all due respect those same threads happen over on the Carnival board. It happens on all boards on this site. The Carnival crowd is just as guilty or worse for doing it. Let's be careful about labeling one specific group as cheerleaders. I've noticed that several from the Carnival board have come over here on this thread waving their pom-poms. :rolleyes:

We've been on 9 RCCL cruises and 2 Carnival. I agree with the Ford vs. Chevy comment. Some (I said some) RCCL cruisers like to believe they are buying a Mercedes when the truth is both lines are very comparable. We have been on 2 great Carnival cruises, one to Europe which was our favorite of all.

I cruised on the Pride back in '03 I don't remember it looking like that (actually I really can't remember what it looked like :D ) Can someone say if this ship has had a major redo or has it always looked like this.

This look is so different from most of Carnivals gawd awful color schemes, to me its way out of place.

David in all due respect those same threads happen over on the Carnival board. It happens on all boards on this site. The Carnival crowd is just as guilty or worse for doing it. Let's be careful about labeling one specific group as cheerleaders. I've noticed that several from the Carnival board have come over here on this thread waving their pom-poms. :rolleyes:

That, sir, is true on all counts. Some things never change. :cool:

Still hideous

My exact thoughts Donna. Bright lights or no....one hideous decor. The other was Ecstacy.....you'll never find me on another...

It's all in the eye of the beholder. And I don't want to be blinded by any more of it.:eek:

While I only cruise RCCL now your photos may have me reconsider Carnival. I liked the decor it looked unique and intriguing. After you've been on just about all the RCCL ships multiple times they start to look the same. That Carnival ship looks very different.

That is too funny! I thought for sure you must be exaggerating...until I looked at the photo! It looks hideous! I made DH come in and see it on the computer.

Thanks for the warning with visuals. :)

I expect to see the villagers to come running through with lighted torches looking for the Frankenstein monster:eek:

While I only cruise RCCL now your photos may have me reconsider Carnival. I liked the decor it looked unique and intriguing. After you've been on just about all the RCCL ships multiple times they start to look the same. That Carnival ship looks very different.

Valid point. Mariner and Freedom were so similar to us. We did appreciate the variety of the Carnival ships we cruised on.

This is, of course, just my personal opinion of the Pride. I would bet the newer Carnival ships are much brighter, but I wasn't on one of those unfortunately.

Bad photography? No doubt. I'm no professional that's for sure. There were some brighter areas on the ship but the decor was still IMO over-the-top ornate but if you like that style, Pride may be for you. Absolutely we have choices.

The cabins are rather 50s-like with orange vinyl sofas and turquoise bathrooms.

Cabin

8064903599_2f070082c4_b.jpg

DSC_0003 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Bath

8064904322_d2682d83a7_b.jpg

DSC_0007 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Theater

8064903199_6f75d4538b_b.jpg

DSC_0030 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Stairway

8064916819_b1daa8133a_b.jpg

IMG_0525 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Lounge

8064902717_679dedb6f8_b.jpg

DSC_0082 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

David's Steakhouse

8064993223_35d7790e98_b.jpg

DSC_0009 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

I feel that way about all cruise lines. I don't think I would cruise the same line three times in a row. As far as Carnival goes, we've had some good cruises with them. But entertainment, service, and food levels have dropped to a point where Carnival is low in our rotation now.

We felt the same way on our Honeymoon cruise in January. We booked the Carnival Glory because Royal Caribbean didn't have any cruises that worked with our timeframe.

We are going back to Royal Caribbean for our Anniversary cruise and we will probably be sticking with them!

Wow! Dark or light, dim or bright...there's no mistaking them body parts!!! I had to laugh when I thought about explaining the "art" to my disabled daughter...that would entertain the entire ship for at least two weeks. :eek:

This is, of course, just my personal opinion of the Pride. I would bet the newer Carnival ships are much brighter, but I wasn't on one of those unfortunately.

Bad photography? No doubt. I'm no professional that's for sure. There were some brighter areas on the ship but the decor was still IMO over-the-top ornate but if you like that style, Pride may be for you. Absolutely we have choices.

I think the ship looks rather unique.

How would you recommend they decorate it?

Like your house?

I think the ship looks rather unique.

How would you recommend they decorate it?

Like your house?

Maybe like a cruise ship!

Cabin

8064903599_2f070082c4_b.jpg

DSC_0003 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Bath

8064904322_d2682d83a7_b.jpg

DSC_0007 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Theater

8064903199_6f75d4538b_b.jpg

DSC_0030 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Stairway

8064916819_b1daa8133a_b.jpg

IMG_0525 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

Lounge

8064902717_679dedb6f8_b.jpg

DSC_0082 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

David's Steakhouse

8064993223_35d7790e98_b.jpg

DSC_0009 by KakalinaP, on Flickr

It looks like your using a point and shoot that has different scene settings and you have it on the wrong setting.

Archived