Questions for shareholders

Bimmer babe

Bought mine this week online through scottrade. $7 fee for any trade. I figure a $250 instant "dividend" in the form of OBC credit for my upcoming cruise is a pretty good return. The money was making really HORRIBLE interest and this is a far better use for it. The stock has actually gone up about $1 per share since I bought it.

I had to wait a day until I could print proof of ownership with my name on it. I then faxed it to the line, called them immediately on the phone, and they took a look at it and assigned the $250 OBC to my account immediately.

You can find the Carnival Shareholder Benefit info here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I believe I am on the same cruise as you and I also bought my 100 shares though Scottrade a year ago. Just checked and it seems the stock is currently about $5 per share higher than I bought plus $100 in dividends. With the shareholder credit, military OBC, 2 FCCs, and TA OBC, we will start out $785 in the black on this cruise, our first as Elite. Should be fun!

I believe I am on the same cruise as you and I also bought my 100 shares though Scottrade a year ago. Just checked and it seems the stock is currently about $5 per share higher than I bought plus $100 in dividends. With the shareholder credit, military OBC, 2 FCCs, and TA OBC, we will start out $785 in the black on this cruise, our first as Elite. Should be fun!

Nice. The $250 shareholder credit won't even cover the $11.50 per person auto tip but it will definitely put a major dent in it.

I just bought the stock on Monday. Today is Wednesday. Just looked at a current quote and the stock has gone up $1.58 since I purchased it. (Of course it will likely fall again but, as long as it stays even reasonably stable it's no big deal.)

It's gone up quite a bit since we bought it. :)

Since this year alone we will receive $700 OBC from the stock, I think it is a pretty darned good investment!

Agreed. And although mileage may vary, our 100 shares of CCL have increased by over $800 in market value in the last 8 months, PLUS we are getting $300 in OBC for the cruises within this year. That's one great return on investment, and I wish I had bought more shares initially.

Faxed the statements (for 2 cabins. I have 600 shares now) a week ago. But "My princess" on their web site still does not show any extra OBC. After they apply OBC, will they update my online account?

I Faxed our data sheets and then I mailed them, about 2 weeks ago. They never showed up on our website account so I emailed our TA and asked him to check. He worte back with the name of the person that said they were on our account (just that I can't see it) plus he updated our confirmation to show it. This way I have something to present if there is any question.

Plus, it's a good idea to bring the copy of your statement, just in case.

And we all wish we bought it sooner:) but that is the way it happens... no one starts cruising with the stock in their pocket. And if it weren't for CC I never would have known!! m--

If it doesn't show the credit call Princess and they can check your info and apply the credit immediately. They emailed me a revised cruise listing showing the added OBC.

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661 753 0180

Email: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

I was excited to see your post as I find email much easier than Fax. Unfortunately as posted elsewhere in CC the email address has been disabled :mad:.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com (after RCPT TO): 550 5.1.1

>>> <shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com>: Recipient address

>>> rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

The CCL site says the fax goes to "Princess Cruises Booking Support", not shareholder benefits as in the past.

Has anyone received an email response for the CCL benefit, and what was the sender's email address?

I was excited to see your post as I find email much easier than Fax. Unfortunately as posted elsewhere in CC the email address has been disabled :mad:.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com (after RCPT TO): 550 5.1.1

>>> <shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com>: Recipient address

>>> rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

The CCL site says the fax goes to "Princess Cruises Booking Support", not shareholder benefits as in the past.

Has anyone received an email response for the CCL benefit, and what was the sender's email address?

I faxed mine and used the fax number listed. I then called the voice number and extension listed and got right through. I didn't try the email - I just copied the address from the CCL benefit form.

Last year, I had a heck of a time getting the shareholder OBC. I faxed, called, emailed, called, emailed, called, called and then went on the ship to find out that there was not credit. Someone at passenger services was able to get the credit for me, but it didn't show up until the second to the last day of the cruise. This year, I mailed it last week via USPS and my TA sent the updated confirmation to me this week. I was so surprised that it went through so fast. Happy that I don't have to worry about it. Good service from Princess.

I faxed mine and used the fax number listed. I then called the voice number and extension listed and got right through. I didn't try the email - I just copied the address from the CCL benefit form.
The form was apparently incorrect for current use. I reconfigured my combination printer to support faxing and sent it in that way.

Last year, I had a heck of a time getting the shareholder OBC. I faxed, called, emailed, called, emailed, called, called and then went on the ship to find out that there was not credit. Someone at passenger services was able to get the credit for me, but it didn't show up until the second to the last day of the cruise. This year, I mailed it last week via USPS and my TA sent the updated confirmation to me this week. I was so surprised that it went through so fast. Happy that I don't have to worry about it. Good service from Princess.
Had a somewhat similar issue last year with multiple emails, faxes, and finally a phone call just days before the deadline. Apparently they didn't quite have the process together then, but I have noted multiple happy posts on Cruise Critic this year about quick responses, so it sounds like Princess Booking has improved their processes and response quality.

We used Ameritrade through TD Bank. Just went to our TD bank and did it there with one of the bankers. This is a great thing to do if you travel a lot on Carnival owned lines (Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa...and CCL).

One thing to consider is that the stock is high right now. Was down in the twenties and today is trading at 38.81. Keep an eye . It's CCL.

Archived