Questions for shareholders

Bimmer babe

You must have 100 shares.

You can invest anyway you want. If you are actually buying the stock yourself, it has to be through a broker, be it an online discount broker such as INGDirect's sharebuilder or a regular broker such as Paine Weber.

It can also be stock held in an IRA or 401K.

Proof of ownership is usually a recent account statement which shows your name as well as the CCL stock and the number of its shares. If you have just purchased the stock, a copy of the purchase confirmation is proof of ownership.

CCL is currently paying a 25 cent per share dividend every quarter. That's $100 per year if you hold 100 shares, just to hold the stock. Don't forget, dividends are taxable. At today's market closing price, your return would be approximately 2.7% just on dividends. That's better than bank interest these days.

WARNING: Your mileage may vary. Take a couple of cruises and enjoy your shareholder benefits.

The holding of shares must be in your name. Holdings within a mutual fund do not qualify.

As mentioned it can be in a standard equity account or an ira of some sort.

You receive one credit per CABIN, not per person. So if two cabinmates each have 100 shares, there is still only one credit issued.

If it is within a Roth IRA the dividends and any growth are not taxed. Carnival shares closed yesterday at $36.87 so you would need to invest $3687 plus brokerage commission. The OBC benefit has to be renewed every year by the company so it is possible that it could be changed or eliminated. RCCL changed theirs several years ago so that OBC's could not be combined. It is an investment, not just a way to get OBC's. Value of the stock is not guaranteed.

It's gone up quite a bit since we bought it. :)

Since this year alone we will receive $700 OBC from the stock, I think it is a pretty darned good investment!

Same experience here.

I also sail Celebrity and own RCI stock and have done very well. They unfortunately don't allow combining OBC with shareholders credit if the OBC or discount comes from them and not from a TA

How do you claim the room credit (or I guess who do you show the account statement to?).

thanks!

You fax in a copy of the brokerage/investment statement showing you own at least 100 shares to shareholder services. In that you mark your booking number. It must be a statement within 3 months of sail date.

You fax in a copy of the brokerage/investment statement showing you own at least 100 shares to shareholder services. In that you mark your booking number. It must be a statement within 3 months of sail date.

And you do this between final payment and three weeks before the cruise starts.

The 1st time I purchased 100-share CCL was actually for Costa. Sold the stock after the cruise and made $1k+. Bought 200 shares before we were on Carnival. Then the Costa ship sank :(

The reality is that that only had a pretty short term effect on the stock price, which I'll admit actually surprised me. Even within about a week it had recovered almost all that it dropped for that event, then spent a while wavering up and down. And it's about $4-$5 higher now than it was before that happened. To be honest, I thought we'd still be feeling that effect somewhat.

And for me, in the first year of owning it, I've brought in $550 in onboard credit ($200 of that for cruises I hadn't planned on taking this year). Definitely not going to complain about that.

The 1st time I purchased 100-share CCL was actually for Costa. Sold the stock after the cruise and made $1k+. Bought 200 shares before we were on Carnival. Then the Costa ship sank :(
As with most stocks, it's better to invest and keep the stock rather than buying, selling and buying again unless you follow the market very, very closely. You would have been better off keeping the stock if you made $1K+ when you sold it. :) If nothing else, you would have gotten the dividends.

Faxed the statements (for 2 cabins. I have 600 shares now) a week ago. But "My princess" on their web site still does not show any extra OBC. After they apply OBC, will they update my online account?

Bought mine this week online through scottrade. $7 fee for any trade. I figure a $250 instant "dividend" in the form of OBC credit for my upcoming cruise is a pretty good return. The money was making really HORRIBLE interest and this is a far better use for it. The stock has actually gone up about $1 per share since I bought it.

I had to wait a day until I could print proof of ownership with my name on it. I then faxed it to the line, called them immediately on the phone, and they took a look at it and assigned the $250 OBC to my account immediately.

You can find the Carnival Shareholder Benefit info here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Faxed the statements (for 2 cabins. I have 600 shares now) a week ago. But "My princess" on their web site still does not show any extra OBC. After they apply OBC, will they update my online account?

If it doesn't show the credit call Princess and they can check your info and apply the credit immediately. They emailed me a revised cruise listing showing the added OBC.

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661 753 0180

Email: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

Archived