Dipping my toe into the (hopefully warmer) water...

MrsMick1

Hello all! Firstly, thanks for the great research resource here at Cruise Critic - what a wealth of information!

My husband and I just booked our very first cruise today - 4 days to Nassau/Freeport aboard the Carnival Ecstasy, January 24-28. We are in our thirties, have two little girls at home in southeast PA and were looking for an affordable "just the two of us" warm weather winter getaway. Thank goodness for Grandmas willing to take on babysitting duty! My brother and his wife will be coming along as well - looking forward to a great time!

Looking forward to being a part of the forums here and benefitting from all the experienced cruiser knowledge! Thanks for having me. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you have questions about Carnival a good place to ask is the Carnival Cruise Lines Boards.

To find out who from Cruise Critic might be on your cruise you can go to the Carnival Roll Call Board and then find your ship and then scroll down that board to find your cruise.

If you go to the Ports Of Call section you can get ideas on what to do in your ports of call.

And finally if you have questions about cruising be sure to ask here.

Congratulations on booking your first cruise.

If you like it as much as many of us do this might be a start of many cruises.

Keith

The Bahamas are not in the Caribbean...they are in the Atlantic. Their weather is similar to Florida. Hopefully, there won't be a far-reaching cold front, (which can occur in those months)...and you'll have warmer weather. It may not be "summertime" weather, but it certainly will beat anything you have in PA!!!

Welcome aboard. Nearly as much fun as the initial research to decide which cruise is the research into the ports and looking for all the things to do or to see. Have a great get-away.

[URL]http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com[/URL]

Archived