Airline head phones

Mjflowers

Same here. I can't wear earbuds so got some traditional style at an electronics discount warehouse for $15-regular retail was over $100. They are meant for travel and fold up in little pouch with adapters. Works for us.

DH & I are both a bit deaf- well him more than me, but we complement each other nicely. He can't hear high tones and I have trouble with lower tones. Anyway, he said it was the first time he could enjoy the movie and really hear the dialogue. He was really pleased. For me, I wanted to block the engine noise. I never used to notice it, but recently found it very irritating. Everyone is happy now!

Mo

Any opinions on an alternative to the hp that we are given by the airlines? Something adaptable for iPad, iPhone, etc. There has to be something better.:confused:

Bose has a huge selection of headphones, at many different price points and their quality is fantastic. I suppose that this set would be the most popular overall:

http://www.amazon.com/Bose%C2%AE-QuietComfort%C2%AE-Acoustic-Cancelling%C2%AE-Headphones/dp/B0054JJ0QW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350441990&sr=8-1&keywords=bose+headphones

Like John2003, we have two sets of noise cancelling headphones. One is Sennheiser PXC250 which folds down into a very small package, and the other is AKG K480NC with better sound but larger package. Not certain if these models are still available, but something similar will be. Both come with various adaptors. This is particularly useful when you need to hook up to the sound system while running on the treadmill in the exercise room. :rolleyes:

Also Consider Bowers&Wilkins. They designed two headphones specifically for Iphone/Ipad/Ipod, the P3 and P5

Bear in mind these are not noise cancelling but have an excellent sound quality. and they look sharp also :)

You can buy them at any apple store, prices are fixed.

Also take a look at you local Best Buy, even Costco has them.

Rick

I got mine at Costco...and they are the "fold-up" kind with the 2 adapters. I find that I have less tired on long flights if I have less "plane noise" to listen to for hours!!! LuAnn

while we are on headphones does anyone remember or know what type of plug they have in the ym for the treadmills & recumbent bikes???

One prong , two prong ???

i have several different ones but do not want to lug them all along ;)

Thanks

Lyn

Also Consider Bowers&Wilkins. They designed two headphones specifically for Iphone/Ipad/Ipod, the P3 and P5

Bear in mind these are not noise cancelling but have an excellent sound quality. and they look sharp also :)

You can buy them at any apple store, prices are fixed.

I have a set of the B & W C5 earbuds. These are amazing sounding earbuds. Another recommendation for B & W. They're not cheap though.

I used to have a set of their home speakers, they were pretty outstanding also, and that was 30 years ago.

Archived