Booking B2B while onboard - benefits?

Elusive_Cruiser

I've been searching, but cannot seem to find the answer - does anyone know - if we book a B2B (2 x 7 days, same ship) while onboard our upcoming cruise, will we get the benefit of onboard booking for both segments? (eg three category upgrade, $100 onboard credit, low deposit). Celebrity website just tells you to get details while onboard!

Here's the best benefit of a B2B. Sit out at the pool with a good book and in your bathing suit around noon on "turn around" day while the passengers on the second leg of your cruise are boarding. They will look at you with envy.

2 seven day cruises will get you $200 in OBC and 2 cruise credits. 1 14 day cruise will get you $300 obc and 2 cruise credits.

Just saying. Of course you have to find a 14 day that takes you where you want to go.

2 seven day cruises will get you $200 in OBC and 2 cruise credits. 1 14 day cruise will get you $300 obc and 2 cruise credits.

Just saying. Of course you have to find a 14 day that takes you where you want to go.

Yup, I know! We just like the itinerary on the B2B that we are looking at.... so are considering all the options - but thanks for pointing that out. We just want to make sure we can get the onboard booking benefits for 2 cruises, vs being limited to being able to book for only one.

Yup, I know! We just like the itinerary on the B2B that we are looking at.... so are considering all the options - but thanks for pointing that out. We just want to make sure we can get the onboard booking benefits for 2 cruises, vs being limited to being able to book for only one.

For each 7-day segment, if you are CC and above you get 2 cruise credits for each -- total of 4 credits. For a 14-day cruise, you get 3 cruise credits if you book CC and above.

Once booked on board, you have 60 days to move the reservation to a travel agent. The reason you may want to do this is that some travel agents give their own obc's and/or free gratuities in addition to what celebrity gave you on board. You do not lose the celebrity free upgrade or obc's when you do this...they remain. You just get additional obc's.

You should also request the 14 day obc amount if it's not automatically offered. You are giving them the same 14 days of business $$. They offered it to us.

That's correct. If you book 2 7-day B to B cruises, they will give you OBC as if it's a 14 day cruise. It's a little known secret. Ask for it.

You should also request the 14 day obc amount if it's not automatically offered. You are giving them the same 14 days of business $$. They offered it to us.

This offer was given to us when we booked our B2B Alaska cruise while on the Millennnium a couple of years ago. HOWEVER, when I contacted Celebrity about the reservations I found out that the 14-day credit had been lowered to what is normally given for two 7-day cruises. What bothered me the most is that Celebrity NEVER contacted us about this; I just happened to find out by accident. I had paperwork to prove that we were supposed to get the larger credit but that didn't fly with them. We were not the only ones who ran into this same issue. Luckily for us, Celebrity was offering a special promotion and we were able to get a larger cabin price reduction credit which offset the Celebrity mistake.

My advice to anyone who gets the 14-day larger OBC for 2 7-day cruises is to watch your paperwork/account to ensure you get what you were told.

Archived