Son had problem on the imagination

lennel

My son and his fiance were on the carnival imagination, for a birthday cruise to mexico, on the first day on the Buffet line, plates were dropped and my sons fiance legs were cut pretty badly, Carnival sent her to the infirmary were they bandaged her up but it pretty much ruilned the trip because she could not go into the pool, swim at the the beach or do any thing that involved walking alot, they asked for compensation on the ship, but...all they recieved was we are sorry, Why do the have Glass Plates on a buffet Line? accidents do happen but they should have had unbreakable plates there do to passengers who are clumsy, adults thinking there kids are old enough to walk with a plate etc. I went to a buffet the other day they had correlle unbreakable plates,Carnival should have foreseen this a s an accident waiting to happen. I travel Carnival quite a bit including one of the being one of the first Passengers on the Dream, I had just booked the Sunshine for May but have now cancelled that reservation until something can be done about my son and fiances dilema, They loved the ship, and the shows but thats all they could do, when they came back they called the cust relations department who said they would get back with them, which they did in a form letter stating we are sorry but thats it. I for one cannot support a cruiseline that looks the other way I am Platinum with RCCL and have alot of points with carnival, I also have been on NCL this is the first time we had any problems, and my son has been on Carnival at least 8 times in the last 8 years not a good way to treat guests. What do you think?

Did they leave the ship, or forced to leave the ship?

Did they cause the plates to fall?

Not sure why you or they think they should get compensation. Had the same thing happened on land, what is the recourse thinking there?

Sorry to hear - that would have definitely put a damper on a cruise. IMO this was an accident...accidents will happen. It's not the cruise line's fault that they have breakable plates - I've never heard of a cruise line that does. If anyone was at fault, it was the person who dropped the plate. I just hope they don't go to paper plates (because it is possible to break Corelle...so then they'd have to switch to something even safer). :eek:

It's really sad, but "Po-Po Occurs". It's nobodys fault except, perhaps, the person who dropped the plate. I can't see how Carnival is at fault in any way. In fact, I think it's excellent that they sent the girl down to the infirmary to get the wound cleaned, and bandaged up, at apparently no cost to you. What happens if you get a bad cold on your cruise? Is it the fault of Carnival for not making everyone who has been ill in the last 90 days stay home? Sorry about the injury, but it sounds like your son, and his GF had an excellent cruise anyway.

"SKY"

An adult thought his 5 year old should do the buffet line, he grabbed ast the plates 2 or 3 of them hit the floor, the adult shrugged and said oh well, not even i am sorry can i help, What if a 2 year old was standing there and got hit in the face with the glass plate. Or the Eye? If i was on that cruise i think the father would have ended up in the infarmary to after i Took care of his carefree attitude, but my son is miltary, he kept his composure, i am not saying use paper plates, but they use plastic cups why not plastic plates. And those of you who say no big deal I would like to see you go on a cruise and not be able to swim or go to the beach because of an incident like this.

An adult thought his 5 year old should do the buffet line, he grabbed ast the plates 2 or 3 of them hit the floor, the adult shrugged and said oh well, not even i am sorry can i help, What if a 2 year old was standing there and got hit in the face with the glass plate. Or the Eye? If i was on that cruise i think the father would have ended up in the infarmary to after i Took care of his carefree attitude, but my son is miltary, he kept his composure, i am not saying use paper plates, but they use plastic cups why not plastic plates. And those of you who say no big deal I would like to see you go on a cruise and not be able to swim or go to the beach because of an incident like this.

Well, none of those things contribute to the cost of a cruise. Try cruising with a broken arm. Does it matter when the arm was broken, and should be reflected in the fare?

Suppose the broken dish incident haopened the night befor at Ruby Tuesdays, and the same cuts occurred, resulting in no swimming in the pools and beaches.

Were they even planning on swimming at pools and beaches?

What do I think?

I think your son should be dealing with this, not his mommy?

My son is in the Military, He is not on cruise critic. I love how people can make assumptions I can assume alot about you. but I dont

You came on this forum and YOU asked us our thoughts. Now you argue with us our thoughts?

My son and his fiance were on the carnival imagination, for a birthday cruise to mexico, on the first day on the Buffet line, plates were dropped and my sons fiance legs were cut pretty badly, Carnival sent her to the infirmary were they bandaged her up but it pretty much ruilned the trip because she could not go into the pool, swim at the the beach or do any thing that involved walking alot, they asked for compensation on the ship, but...all they recieved was we are sorry, Why do the have Glass Plates on a buffet Line? accidents do happen but they should have had unbreakable plates there do to passengers who are clumsy, adults thinking there kids are old enough to walk with a plate etc. I went to a buffet the other day they had correlle unbreakable plates,Carnival should have foreseen this a s an accident waiting to happen. I travel Carnival quite a bit including one of the being one of the first Passengers on the Dream, I had just booked the Sunshine for May but have now cancelled that reservation until something can be done about my son and fiances dilema, They loved the ship, and the shows but thats all they could do, when they came back they called the cust relations department who said they would get back with them, which they did in a form letter stating we are sorry but thats it. I for one cannot support a cruiseline that looks the other way I am Platinum with RCCL and have alot of points with carnival, I also have been on NCL this is the first time we had any problems, and my son has been on Carnival at least 8 times in the last 8 years not a good way to treat guests. What do you think?

have an attorney write a letter to carnival corp. their liability insurance will handle this.... same as a slip and fall in a grocery store. that's what you are after, isn't it? money? I'm assuming the cut was significant and required stitches? no? I thought the plates at the buffet were plastic... at least mine were on the Legend. :confused:

Accidents happen...

Glass plates on Lido/buffet? I'm not doubting the accident, just saying I haven't seen glass on Lido. I have seen people drop plates, coffee cups (guilty), etc and none of them broke. Only a big mess of food or drink to clean up.

"I for one cannot support a cruiseline that looks the other way" (I think that might be best;))

it makes no difference who dropped the plates, but in this case it was a year old. If someone spills water on the floor and you slip on it it is the fault of the store, if a worker comes to your house and gets hurt it is your fault, what is the difference here? Glass plates were dropped a person got hurt enough to go to the infirmary? If unbreakable paltes were there there would be no problem, they have plastic cups.

And what do you think your son should receive in the way of compensation?

I believe they should have gotten a credit on the cruise for at least 200 dollars towards there expenses, or a future cruise

Carnival's responsibility is to clean up the broken glass. If someone spills water in a store, the store must clean up and post signs of a wet floor. Why would Carnival give him back money? This is the problem in our society, everyone wants something for nothing!

Oh, please DON'T go to plastic plates:eek: It will be called a cutback and threads will start. I see the point of safety, but I believe plastic looks cheesy and eventually carries a stained look.

:D They aren't glass. Remember, this is LIDO deck, where people are allowed to take their plates out to the pool areas & such. They are non-breakable already.;)

I believe they should have gotten a credit on the cruise for at least 200 dollars towards there expenses, or a future cruise

I disagree. Handing out money for no good reason is an admission of guilt and opens a whole can of liability worms for carnival. People will start staging "accidents" to pay for their cruise.

Archived