Need help on Boston - got a few ideas

Gingee

Okay I went to the mybowlingvacation.com for Marriott Copley for July 18th for three nights and it gave me a rate of $513 with tax for standard room (not sure what the standard room is). Okay here is the cancellation policy:

Room Cancellation Policy

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time), will be subject to 1 night/s fee

No-show is subjected to 1 night/s fee

So I take it that if I cancel anywhere from now up to one day before, I will be charged for one nights stay?

We got a quote from mybowlingvacation.com of $149 a night and a price of $249 from The Marriott. We booked with Marriott and then filled in the form to get the best price. We are now paying $112 for the night!! Very exciting:)

Thanks to the person who let us all know about this!!

Vanessa

Thanks. I got it. Put my reservation in for the same time as you have Vanessa. I did it for three days though so I am wondering if that will still work. Then I placed a reservation for the day we come back from the cruise and wow, Marriott is charging $399 for one night (July 28th) I wonder what is going on that day? I will definitely cancel that hotel if I don't get the decent price.

You are going to be pleasantly surprised. It is in a very nice area and walking distance to lots of nice shops in the Back Bay. The Duck Tour is right across the street at the Prudential Center, or you can take the Old Town Trolley for a tour. It's a great deal, I know that this property's rack rate is considerably higher.

I got my info on my four nights at Marriott Copley for $112. Hope we don't sleep in a garage or facing a garbage dump or something:) Thanks for the info.

It's a total steal at $112 - you will not be disappointed. Ask for a higher floor and you will get a view - the hotel has 38 stories. Take a look at the pictures - they are real. If you get rain, you will have all of Copley Place and the Prudential Center accessible without going outdoors. Please post back about your experience.

Well I have a long time to wait. Have any of you been to either of the malls? Are there cheap places to eat there? I could hardly find any places to eat when I brought them up on the web site. Like food courts.

The Pru Center Mall is just like any mall you have been to, definitely food court type places there. Also, the Back Bay has tons of places to eat both cheap and expensive.

Well I have a long time to wait. Have any of you been to either of the malls? Are there cheap places to eat there? I could hardly find any places to eat when I brought them up on the web site. Like food courts.

The cancellation policy on mybowlingvacation.com is irrelevant, as you should NOT book on that site - rather, book on marriott.com and file a LNF claim as I described upthread (post #28). The ajusted rate will be $112/night, and will retain the original cancellation policy of the rate booked on marriott.com, which is currently cancellable until 6pm on the day of arrival.

Thanks for the heads up on Marriott's awesome policy! It worked out for us for our July sailing out of Boston:)

The cancellation policy on mybowlingvacation.com is irrelevant, as you should NOT book on that site - rather, book on marriott.com and file a LNF claim as I described upthread (post #28). The ajusted rate will be $112/night, and will retain the original cancellation policy of the rate booked on marriott.com, which is currently cancellable until 6pm on the day of arrival.

Sounded like such a great deal. However, we're there May 3rd, 2 nights, priced at $349 standard rate. At 25% off, it's still out of our price range. Darn! Thanks for your advice anyway! :)

We're stuck either out of town or in an old downtown hotel. I'll make a cancellable reservation, then try PL when it gets closer.

Good thread, I've enjoyed reading it! Thanks all!

Nita,

I'm not sure you are looking at this properly. Its another 25% off the lowest rate you can find on any web site that is not Prepaid. It is not 25% off the lowest Marriott rate on the Marriott web site.

On May 3 for 2 nights mybowlingvacation vacation has the Marriott Coply Place for $171. The way I understand Twickenham's process, you book a refundable room on the Marriott site and within 24 hours you submit your LNF request to Marriott pointing them to the $171 price on the mybowlingvacation web site. If they honor your request you should pay about $129 per night plus tax.

The process applies to any Marriott property, so it would apply to the Courtyards in Boston as well.

Please take another look. I think $129 is a great price!

The price showed $349 for Fri. and $399 for Sat. I reserved it. Then filled out their form and submitted it! If this works, I will be eternally grateful, as I've been struggling to get a decent hotel, at a decent price. I have 2 others reserved, one an old brownstone in town, and the other much further out.

And I agree, $129 for that date, that hotel, yep, great price! :D

Okay, now what? I got this reply from Marriott. And when I went to mybowlingvacation to check, their site is down for maintenance. UGH, what bad luck. :mad: So, if that site comes up today and I can verify that rate, can I reply to their email or call them, if that rate is still there? Or, after 24 hours, cancel the high rate, then if I find it lower again another day, can I reserve again and submit another claim?

It sure sounded like such a great idea!

TIA! :)

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, Marriott will verify your claim within 24 hours of receipt and notify you of the results. The comparison rate must still be available at the time Marriott validates the claim. According to our review, we have determined that, as of the time we attempted to validate your claim, the accommodations with which your comparison was made are not available as described in your claim. We have no means of determining whether such accommodations and rates were available at an earlier time.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

Mybowlingvacation.com is back and I am still seeing the $171 rate for May 3-5. Email them again quickly.

If that doesn't work, aa.com has the hotel for $200 per night.

Thanks! I was gone today, just got back, checked, saw the price and replied to their email. I sure hope it works. If not, I'll be disappointed in their policy.

So, anyway, does that mean if they won't honor my first attempt, I can cancel and rebook later and retry another claim form? Anyone had this problem before?

Or, maybe I should've filled out another claim form? Oh heck, guess I'll call them! :D

Okay, we shall see what transpires! I called, talked to a gal. I told her I didn't understand what the problem was, as I was looking at the site I sent them and the price was still the same. She said she'd look into it and send me another email. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! :D

Archived