emerald princess docked in in the Saguenay

jodi58

The event is even on local news and TV, you can see it on the LCN tv channel website. The Saguenay region is well known for it's outstanding hospitality and beautiful scenery, it is up a fjord. We hear they will be welcomed by the actors from the "La fabuleuse histoire d'un royaume" show, an huge production ( horses and everything on stage!). I hope they get to the museum and see the works of the painter Jean Tremblay, a local artist, probably in his forties. His work is simply amazing. Even the mayor is at the pier! It will be a real celebration atmosphere.

For those in the area where the storm is passing, our taughts and prayers.

Bill, your photo confused me for a moment. I saw umbrellas and wet pavement, not at all like the sunny photo from the ship's webcam. Then I noticed yours was taken from the Crown.

Do you have a photo library with a picture for EVERY occasion? Fully tagged or indexed? Sure seems that way!

Bill, your photo confused me for a moment. I saw umbrellas and wet pavement, not at all like the sunny photo from the ship's webcam. Then I noticed yours was taken from the Crown.

Do you have a photo library with a picture for EVERY occasion? Fully tagged or indexed? Sure seems that way!

One of the benefits of cruising.

apparently the locals are scrambling to welcome the biggest cruiseship they have ever had at their port! as the Emerald will spend an unexpected 7 hours in the Saguenay today due to Sandy.

Thanks for letting us know where she is.....We may take this cruise next year and I've been watching for news of her since the storm became big news.:)

This port is not the only change.

This is on the news part of Cruise Critic

Emerald Princess, which departed Quebec City October 27, docked in Port Saguenay to escape rough seas on October 28. Due to the weather, the ship will no longer call on Bar Harbor (October 31), Boston (November 1) and Newport (November 2). In addition to Port Saguenay, the ship has added a call on Corner Brook (October 30). The call on Halifax has been pushed back a day to November 1. The ship will resume its originally scheduled itinerary on November 3 with a visit to New York City.

And on the Princess web site

Passengers joined Emerald Princess yesterday in Quebec to begin their 12-day cruise ending in Ft. Lauderdale on November 7.

Due to the presence of Hurricane Sandy and the impact it will have on the New England area, the port calls to Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport RI have been cancelled. Port calls to Port Saguenay and Corner Brook have been added.

The revised itinerary is as follows:

Saturday October 27 Quebec depart 6:00pm

Sunday October 28 Port Saguenay 7:00am - 4:00pm

Monday October 29 at Sea

Tuesday October 30 Corner Brook 8:00am - 5:00pm

Wednesday October 31 Sydney 7:00am - 4:00pm

Thursday November 1 Halifax 7:00am - 4:00pm

Friday November 2 at Sea

Saturday November 3 New York 7:15am - 5:00pm

Sunday November 4 at Sea

Monday November 5 Charleston 9:00am - 6:00pm

Tuesday November 6 at Sea

Wednesday November 7 Ft. Lauderdale 7:00am

We will continue to provide updates on Princess.com as more information becomes available.

The CBC has just shown a short clip of the Emerald in Saguenay. It looks like the locals have set up some stalls at the dock and are serving local fare. It is the biggest cruise ship ever to sail the river. If I was on the Emerald, I think I would enjoy this change in itinerary as it would be great to experience the Quebec culture away from the cities of Quebec City and Montreal. Here are a couple of links: http://www.cbc.ca/gsa/?q=emerald+princess

My previous post showed the Emerald Princess leaving St. John's on Sep. 24 and not Saguenay. It is amazing how many Newfoundlers came out to see the ship leave. They are probably the friendliest Canadians.

Here is the link to the article about Saguenay. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/10/28/emerald-princess-hurricane-sandy-saguenay.html

My previous post showed the Emerald Princess leaving St. John's on Sep. 24 and not Saguenay. It is amazing how many Newfoundlers came out to see the ship leave. They are probably the friendliest Canadians.

They were the friendliest people I've experienced anywhere & as we walked around town they'd keep asking us if they could help us. :)

We were there on the Norwegian Dawn thursday. The people were very freindly. They square danced out on the pier and served us blueberry pie as we left the ship. Beautiful port...but dang it was cold!!!

The event is even on local news and TV, you can see it on the LCN tv channel website. The Saguenay region is well known for it's outstanding hospitality and beautiful scenery, it is up a fjord. We hear they will be welcomed by the actors from the "La fabuleuse histoire d'un royaume" show, an huge production ( horses and everything on stage!). I hope they get to the museum and see the works of the painter Jean Tremblay, a local artist, probably in his forties. His work is simply amazing. Even the mayor is at the pier! It will be a real celebration atmosphere.

For those in the area where the storm is passing, our taughts and prayers.

We were just in Sagueny two weeks ago on the Maasdam (Holland America) and had all the same folks presenting at the pier. It was a wonderful welcome and you may buy tickets to the Le Fabuleuse show inside the terminal area. There is also a flight seeing tour leaving from there and several kiosks inside to purchase locally made items. We loved Saguenay and hope you have a delightful day there as well.

Smooth Sailing

Archived