Anyone else on the Caribbean stuck in Boston?

Bekachan

FYI People that are complaining.. THIS IS HURRICANE SEASON.....We missed almost a whole day in Dublin in August because the Captain was not comfortable crossing the Irish Sea...He had the passengers safety in mind. Were we dissapointed that we would miss Dublin altogether, yes, but we did get some time there...It happens when you cruise, we did not, or expected to get some kind of compensation for that. Just be glad when you all get home alive and safe...That's a good cruise.:D

I am on the CB and am the one who started the live postings on the other thread. This is my sixth time on the CB and service everywhere has been great. It is a shame that ignorant people feel the need to make racist remarks about the cruise staff. For shame!Considering the weather and everyone being forced to stay inside I have found no extended waits for anything. I don't know if these numbers are correct but I heard that 600 people canceled and 200 plus today and yesterday debarked in Boston. Most people seem quite happy though worried about their family and homes in the storm's path. We have phone service because we are in port so that has made it easier for passengers to contact family and change travel arrangements.

I am snug and warm and well fed. The drinks are still flowing and there is plenty to do on the ship. It is definitely NOT the cruise from hell so take all the complaints with a grain of salt.

Four of us have sailed before on CB, 4th time for my husband and I. All eight of us have found the usual perfect service and niceness from the staff. I have seen nasty people acting as if princess ruined their cruise!

We are having fun!

Time for dining room lunch.

Bernadette

I'd bet there are many directly in harm's way who would gladly trade places with those on ships who are safely in the harbor. It simply amazes me how self-centered some cruise passengers can be...they're in the middle of a disaster & are whining about comparatively minor inconveniences & making unreasonable demands. They're comfortably housed with power, food, water & entertainment but are upset by a less than happy crew. I have very little sympathy for all of those whining about cruise changes when those on land are worried about surviving.

We all have choices...when life gives us "lemons" we choose whether to be a "sourpuss" or to make limoncello & to make the best of a bad situation.

You really hit the nail on the head!! I feel exactly the same way. Well said!

I would think the crew is dealing with many unhappy passengers particularly those who are so vocal & demanding some compensation for the changes due to Sandy. Some passengers can be very rude which makes it difficult for the crew to be extra friendly & helpful.

I find that if I treat a crew member (or for that matter ANYONE giving me service) like I would my friend next door it makes any situation better and helps both parties to make the best of it.

Now...having said that...if that doesn't work I get very firm with the person EARNING MONEY to help me. :cool:

I am on the CB and am the one who started the live postings on the other thread. This is my sixth time on the CB and service everywhere has been great. It is a shame that ignorant people feel the need to make racist remarks about the cruise staff. For shame!Considering the weather and everyone being forced to stay inside I have found no extended waits for anything. I don't know if these numbers are correct but I heard that 600 people canceled and 200 plus today and yesterday debarked in Boston. Most people seem quite happy though worried about their family and homes in the storm's path. We have phone service because we are in port so that has made it easier for passengers to contact family and change travel arrangements.

I am snug and warm and well fed. The drinks are still flowing and there is plenty to do on the ship. It is definitely NOT the cruise from hell so take all the complaints with a grain of salt.

I definitely found the initial post offensive. If more people would be less tolerant of those types of collective comments the world would be a better place. Individually people are capable of almost anything and should be identified that way. Not by race, nationality, religion etc....

I love your attitude.

I think some of the heat on this thread has been because, well, we all have known cruisers with a heavy-duty sense of entitlement (some of whom, I'll bet, decry "the culture of entitlement" when they're not the ones entitled). We've all, I bet, seen passengers berating staff. I sure am glad I don't work the CS desk. It's a massive disaster, and all some people will do is complain because the coffee's made from syrup.

Have a great day!

Sounds like you're making the best of the situation. We've been fortunate not to have had any cruises go wrong. The worst we've had is 50 knot winds and 30-foot seas. I'm sure most passengers were glad that they were on a ship that did not try to make it to Bermuda through rough seas.

Disembark immediately and cancel all future cruises.

:rolleyes:

First cruise on Princess and not impressed and it has nothing to do w the fact that we didn't go to Bermuda. Staff is rude especially the Eastern Europeans. No above and beyond service. Vastly dissappointed.

You really hit the nail on the head!! I feel exactly the same way. Well said!

Thanks...I think that most others feel like us.

I find that if I treat a crew member (or for that matter ANYONE giving me service) like I would my friend next door it makes any situation better and helps both parties to make the best of it.

Now...having said that...if that doesn't work I get very firm with the person EARNING MONEY to help me. :cool:

I agree but some seem to forget the 'golden rule' to treat others the way we want to be treated. However there are times that it requires taking things to another level. ;)

We were on the Caribbean Princess just 4 weeks ago out of NY to Canada/New England. Had a great cruise and the staff was outstanding for the most part. Had a couple that maybe not quite up to par, but everyone else were fantastic and went above and beyond. Would sail on the CB again. Also didn't find it any more crowded than the other grand class ships as others have stated. I've seen on other cruises that if you are rude, etc. they still try to treat you with respect. I think it's a very difficult job to try to please everyone.

We were on the 9/29 voyage and I wrote then that the crew was one of the best we had seen. I think a lot has to do, as already mentioned, with how you treat them.

the gangway was lined by smiling staff willing to help you with your luggage since we all had to take of our own luggage. They had a lot of people there.

This is the first cruise where the ladies gave me milk and cookies..they were so sweet- both the servers and the cookies...: (had never been in the Piazza at the right time before). Got them twice....

My last lunch I had a 6 or 8 inch pot pie. The server cut open the top for me and perched it on the side of my bowl. I've never had that happen before. Had to take a picture of it!

I brought yarn to knit or crochet- but never bothered,brought my nook with new downloaded books...never cracked one open.

I was quite busy with our group.

The servers in the IC were great! Dining room was relaxing..

THE ONLY thing that Princess should have done was send the parking warning via e-mail, or robocall.

ONLY Because of CC or FB, I found out about the Princess advisory in the nick of time.

We scrambled to get two cars to take us all....but so glad we did!

Bernadette

Archived