Anyone else on the Caribbean stuck in Boston?

Bekachan

First cruise on Princess and not impressed and it has nothing to do w the fact that we didn't go to Bermuda. Staff is rude especially the Eastern Europeans. No above and beyond service. Vastly dissappointed.

From the title of your thread I think it has alot to do with missing Bermuda. :rolleyes:

We were on the Caribbean Princess last week also and thought that the staff were very friendly. No rudeness from the staff but the majority of the passengers onboard were toward the elderly age and they sometimes would forget that you have to wait in line just like everyone else. LOL....we thought it was rude but hey, I just might act like that when I get old too!!

We have taken two cruises on the Caribbean this year and the staff (even the Eastern Europeans) were all lovely.

I suspect that everyone, passengers and crew alike, are experiencing some stress due to the storm. Be kind, loving, and patient and people will respond accordingly.

I'm on the CB. The staff does not seem rude really. But they also certainly don't seem to want to "go the extra mile". We have sailed Princess many times and I find myself saying every time that its getting worse and worse.

We have been loyal to Princess for years and always book a future cruise while on board. This time we decided we will not sail Princess again until we try some of the other lines.

It's important to note that given the reroute, storm, etc, the crew is probably handling significant extra duties and may not be getting the most rest in the crew cabins. That's not an excuse for rudeness, but above and beyond may not be a realistic expectation.

We have been on for over a week and think the staff is great. Our steward is making little animals for us every night. I think the staff in the MDR aren't as fun loving as in the past - we always joke around with them and it isn't the same. But the staff in the specialty restaurants have been wonderful and go the extra mile. And the bar staff is great.

But I do think it depends on your attitude. there are many people that are not happy - they are blaming Princess for the weather, etc. Some are even yelling at staff. Some feel they should get a refund or something out of Princess. And many of them are people who id not purchase any insurance. I'd hate to wait on people like that and probably wouldn't be as friendly to them. Once people get in that negative mood, there is no way to make them happy.

We have taken two cruises on the Caribbean this year and the staff (even the Eastern Europeans) were all lovely.

I suspect that everyone, passengers and crew alike, are experiencing some stress due to the storm. Be kind, loving, and patient and people will respond accordingly.

PunkiC; Here! Here! Very well stated!;)

As in dealing with anyone you reap what you sow.

Hope to see all of you safely arrive in New York on Wednesday.:)

Agree!!!

Look at all the stories you can tell. It really is interesting watching the tugs around us. Watering is splashing up on the shore across from the ship and it still isn't low tide yet. Not good but it will be interesting to see what happens when the tide starts to go up. I feel for everyone in it's path.

Stay safe.

We have been on for over a week and think the staff is great. Our steward is making little animals for us every night. I think the staff in the MDR aren't as fun loving as in the past - we always joke around with them and it isn't the same. But the staff in the specialty restaurants have been wonderful and go the extra mile. And the bar staff is great.

But I do think it depends on your attitude. there are many people that are not happy - they are blaming Princess for the weather, etc. Some are even yelling at staff. Some feel they should get a refund or something out of Princess. And many of them are people who id not purchase any insurance. I'd hate to wait on people like that and probably wouldn't be as friendly to them. Once people get in that negative mood, there is no way to make them happy.

Well said. I'm sure this is hard on the crew not knowing how each person is going to treat them. You never know if the last 5 people yelled at them. These are just people and they may be doing the best they can under the circumstances.

It's important to note that given the reroute, storm, etc, the crew is probably handling significant extra duties and may not be getting the most rest in the crew cabins. That's not an excuse for rudeness, but above and beyond may not be a realistic expectation.

I would think the crew is dealing with many unhappy passengers particularly those who are so vocal & demanding some compensation for the changes due to Sandy. Some passengers can be very rude which makes it difficult for the crew to be extra friendly & helpful.

I would think the crew is dealing with many unhappy passengers particularly those who are so vocal & demanding some compensation for the changes due to Sandy. Some passengers can be very rude which makes it difficult for the crew to be extra friendly & helpful.
I'm sure it's an even more stressful time for the staff than the passengers. They're having to deal with stressed out people plus they know they are losing a lot of income on this cruise.

I'm sorry for the people who didn't have insurance but when it comes down to it, that was their choice. They gambled they wouldn't need it. :(

Just looked at the Princess page on facebook. Goodness, a lot of upset people!!! Seem a lot feel they should be getting some sort of compensation.....interesting!

I'd bet there are many directly in harm's way who would gladly trade places with those on ships who are safely in the harbor. It simply amazes me how self-centered some cruise passengers can be...they're in the middle of a disaster & are whining about comparatively minor inconveniences & making unreasonable demands. They're comfortably housed with power, food, water & entertainment but are upset by a less than happy crew. I have very little sympathy for all of those whining about cruise changes when those on land are worried about surviving.

We all have choices...when life gives us "lemons" we choose whether to be a "sourpuss" or to make limoncello & to make the best of a bad situation.

I'd bet there are many directly in harm's way who would gladly trade places with those on ships who are safely in the harbor. It simply amazes me how self-centered some cruise passengers can be...they're in the middle of a disaster & are whining about comparatively minor inconveniences & making unreasonable demands. They're comfortably housed with power, food, water & entertainment but are upset by a less than happy crew. I have very little sympathy for all of those whining about cruise changes when those on land are worried about surviving.

We all have choices...when life gives us "lemons" we choose whether to be a "sourpuss" or to make limoncello & to make the best of a bad situation.

I know I would rather be on the ship than sitting in my house on Long Island.

First cruise on Princess and not impressed and it has nothing to do w the fact that we didn't go to Bermuda. Staff is rude especially the Eastern Europeans. No above and beyond service. Vastly dissappointed.

We just got off the ship on Saturday and found the crew to be exceptionally attentive. Our steward was Eastern European and was delightful the whole week. We've had better stewards, but he was nothing but attentive to our needs.

Hope all goes well for those in Boston. Try to relax and enjoy the safety and comfort of a ship. Power, food, and booze aplenty. Sure there are some ashore who are wishing for the same!

We are on this ship right now and have found the service to be exemplary! All crew we have encountered have a smile and a can do attitude. They and we are making the best of a difficult situation and FWIW I think the crew has been great.

I'm on the CB. The staff does not seem rude really. But they also certainly don't seem to want to "go the extra mile". We have sailed Princess many times and I find myself saying every time that its getting worse and worse.

We have been loyal to Princess for years and always book a future cruise while on board. This time we decided we will not sail Princess again until we try some of the other lines.

We had our least good Princess cruise in September on Caribbean P. and our best ever this month on Golden P.

So please don't judge all Princess ships by Caribbean P.

Caribbean P. is too tall and thus is badly affected by wind,overcrowded in public spaces, tends to miss more ports and in our experience the crew were not happy and did not work well together and even our cabin steward was grudging and lacking in service.

He told us the Mexicans did not get on well with the Phillipinos on the ship. There do seem to be many more Mexicans now than there used to be on Princess.

You know how the Captains and CD's on Princess always say

"The Beautiful (name of the Princess ship)".

Not on Caribbean P. they didn't when we were on last month.

It all starts at the top...................

Never again on Caribbean P. for us.

Anyone saying service is not good,they r the problem.My niece works on Carnival and is sick as a dog looking after everyone's KIDS and still smiles while she barfs in her room all night long.Next time travel out of hurricane season or suffer the consequences or just keep quiet.I always go in April.If you tend to be a complainer do something else or go somewhere different next time.It doesn't matter what cruise line you are on,everyone feels the motion of the ship and in that kind of situation,no one cares what port you are at.:eek:

At airports other people are bitching too.Get a life.

I know I would rather be on the ship than sitting in my house on Long Island.

Hope you'll be okay!

We are on this ship right now and have found the service to be exemplary! All crew we have encountered have a smile and a can do attitude. They and we are making the best of a difficult situation and FWIW I think the crew has been great.

That's what I figured & unfortunately there are some who generate multiple "woe is me" threads while others are facing life threatening conditions...simply amazing! :eek:

And I agree with 'BoPippy' when they say "get a life"!

Identifying someones negative behaviour by nationality in my opinion is rude

Archived