Celebrity Elite now get coupons for their free laundry!!!! Is the laundry party gone?

A Sixth?

Oh no--how will we socialize without being able to gather around the washers and dryers!

Those evil corporate beancounters are at it again, WRINGING every last penny of revenue from loyal customers and HANGING THEM OUT TO DRY! :D

They just wont quit until even the idea of Captains Club is ALL WASHED UP. :eek:

Since I was so upset on the Cocktail Party thread that my posting was deleted by Cruise Critic (a first-time milestone!), I have to humbly say: Thanks for making me chuckle!

And can I please have one more free bag of laundry before last call? :D

I think we should all just step back and take a breath, I'm sure Celebrity will soon have this all ironed out.

Not if they are in a SR they won't!! You trying to burn the ship down to the waterline by turning one of those things on?!?

Oh, the smell of the laundry soap and fabric softener, the sound of people chocking each other tryin to get to the open washer, and the excitement of showing my neighbors all our clean clothes we bring back after a cruise...beats wasting all that time up on deck around the pool or in a nice bar anytime.

Now it's all ruined by Celebrity handing out those cursed laundry coupons instead of having a decent laundromat onboard.

By the way, anyone know a good laundromat in Livorno? I saw a replica of David in a LA cemetery (fortunately with an appropriately placed leaf) so I don't need to waste time in Florence.

Den

I never remember Celebrity having laundry machines on any of the M class ships maybe the Zenith & Mercury. The coupons displayed are the same ones that were in our cabin on our Feb 2011 cruise on the Summit so I don't think this is a new thing. We will be on her again on Saturday

Ontario Cruiser:)

those evil corporate beancounters are at it again, wringing every last penny of revenue from loyal customers and hanging them out to dry! :d

they just wont quit until even the idea of captains club is all washed up. :eek:

lmao!

All these comments are so funny – you are all so creative

I made the point on the “ Elite party” thread that most other Elite benefits are coupon use so why is using a coupon for a free drink such a big deal.

One poster compared using a free drink coupon use to using food stamps. Wonder if those who need food stamps would agree!

M

This could all be solved and back to usual IF we did not allow the Royal Caribbean elites the same perk.

The two lines have a different demographic, and quite frankly a different way of doing laundry.

On our last cruise I almost put my clothes into a pod of washers with RC elites ...... big mistake, "adventure soap" who cleanes their clothes with adventure soap??

Please Celebrity keep elite laudry parties for Celebrity elites only.

I never remember Celebrity having laundry machines on any of the M class ships maybe the Zenith & Mercury. The coupons displayed are the same ones that were in our cabin on our Feb 2011 cruise on the Summit so I don't think this is a new thing. We will be on her again on Saturday

Ontario Cruiser:)

Whoosh!!!, What was that sound?:rolleyes:

What happens if the ship is chartered "clothing optional"? :eek::p:rolleyes:

Will Celebrity exchange the laundry coupon for free body piercing or temporary tattoo? :eek:

Oh, oh! Spending too much time on facebook-I was looking for the like button for this comment.

St. Louis Sal

What happens if the ship is chartered "clothing optional"? :eek::p:rolleyes:

Will Celebrity exchange the laundry coupon for free body piercing or temporary tattoo? :eek:

Thanks a lot for That word-picture! That's all I needed to complete my day.

Den

Thanks a lot for That word-picture! That's all I needed to complete my day.

Den

Not as far out as you might think. On another thread earlier I had mentioned a cruise I had booked that was cancelled prior to sailing as it was chartered. You guessed it - it was chartered to some nudist organization. Yuck!!

I've been on eleven X cruises and have never seen a DIY laundry! As an Elite member, I have always used the coupons provided. Ditto for internet.

Which ships have you been on?

Another WOOOSH ! from the Canadian East. :p

Not as far out as you might think. On another thread earlier I had mentioned a cruise I had booked that was cancelled prior to sailing as it was chartered. You guessed it - it was chartered to some nudist organization. Yuck!!

I wonder how "squeezed into" Micheal's Club that Elite cocktail party will be?:eek:

Will the laundry coupon be traded for extra sun screen? :p

Archived