Can you purchase items at the port?

Beezle82

Hello! Total newbie here :) First time cruiser and poster! I've been lurking here for the past week or so and have been able to find answers to most of my questions already - this board is awesome!!

One question I still have that may be a bit silly - will I be able to purchase things at the port before I board the ship? For example, I would like to bring a good sized water bottle on board (yes - just for water, I swear!) but I don't want to buy it at home and have to bring it on the plane with me. We are carrying on all of our luggage and I want to conserve suitcase space as much as possible!

We're boarding at Port Canaveral - I don't have the first clue of what a port is like or what is/isn't available!

Unless your luggage is all small, and can fit through one of those smaller security xray machines, you won't be able to carry on all your luggage. Every piece of luggage is xray'd for security, and anything larger than your basic airline carry on won't be allowed to be carried on. You will have to give large luggage to the porter, and you don't have a choice. Plus, you do realize that you won't have access to your cabins for quite some time after boarding, so you'll have to carry everything around with you for two or three hours.

As for shopping, cruise ports for the most part are just terminals with absolutely nothing for shopping. And there's no real shopping nearby within walking distance.

For those who may be arriving in a taxi, ask the driver to stop en route at a grocery or convenience store.

ONE person should always remain in the taxi if you have luggage, carryons in it. Don't leave your property unattended.

Hello! Total newbie here :) First time cruiser and poster! I've been lurking here for the past week or so and have been able to find answers to most of my questions already - this board is awesome!!

One question I still have that may be a bit silly - will I be able to purchase things at the port before I board the ship? For example, I would like to bring a good sized water bottle on board (yes - just for water, I swear!) but I don't want to buy it at home and have to bring it on the plane with me. We are carrying on all of our luggage and I want to conserve suitcase space as much as possible!

We're boarding at Port Canaveral - I don't have the first clue of what a port is like or what is/isn't available!

Which cruiseline?

Some don't let any beverages on.

I'm not worried about the weight of it - just the space in my carry-on. That's a good idea though to stuff clothes in it! Didn't think of that.

I'm a chronic over-packer. I'm going to have to force myself to abide by the "pack everything and then remove half of it" rule!

Archived