Which photo site allows everyone to view your photos

Sandy R

Now that Webshots is no more (so sad!), I want a site that allows everyone and anyone to view my photos.... just like Webshots did. Is there such a site?

Most sites allow you to share your photos individually with specific people but a dwindling number of them allow the general public. Only a few have a free membership.

Google's Picasaweb and Photobucket both offer 2GB of free storage. I have used Google's Picasa to sort and organize my photos and its connection to Picasaweb is tightly integrated with the desktop application.

Of the paid sites, PBase.com and Zenfolio are my personal favorites. Both allow you to set permissions, passwords or just allow unlimited public access. They are also very easy to configure and the ability to customize the presentation of your photos and run slide shows makes for a good user experience for people viewing your images.

Here and links to my Picasa, PBase and Zenfolio galleries to give you an idea of what they can display:

PBase: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324

Zenfolio: http://galleries.pptphoto.com/ (Zenfolio allows you to re-map the galleries to your own domain if you want)

Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/pierce324

Hope this helps.

Dave

I'm not looking for a place to store my photos. I use iPhoto on my computer, and my computer is backed up continuously.

What I'm looking for is a site where I can show my photos as albums to the general public... which Webshots.com did. I'm maybe wrong but I don't think Flickr lets you make albums.

Shutterfly is a good site, free and allows you to create sites to share pictures.

I'm not looking for a place to store my photos. I use iPhoto on my computer, and my computer is backed up continuously.

What I'm looking for is a site where I can show my photos as albums to the general public... which Webshots.com did. I'm maybe wrong but I don't think Flickr lets you make albums.

Once your photos are in your "Photo Stream" on Flickr, one can easily create "Sets" and drag the photos into the sets. (At least with the Pro account.)

Larry

Once your photos are in your "Photo Stream" on Flickr, one can easily create "Sets" and drag the photos into the sets. (At least with the Pro account.)

I refuse to pay flickr. It was a free service when it was Yahoo!Photos and they did not grandfather existing accounts. I paid for the first year because I felt forced due to last minute change. There are pleny of free services like Shutterfly!

Years ago I started using Smugmug as it was the best site at the time to set up different albums (Smugmug calls the Galleries) and to organize them into different categories which could also have sub categories.

For example I have a category called "Cruises" in which I can set up a sub-categories for different topics or specific cruises and then within the sub-categories I can set up different galleries . This three level approach allows for a lot of organization.

Also you can easily change the settings so each Category, sub-category or gallery is completely open to all or for differing levels of security to limit who can view them.

Check out my Smugmug main page and then select my Cruises category and drill down from there to see what I mean.

Shutterfly works very well for this.

You are welcome to take a look at what I have done on Shutterfly.

I too was unhappy with webshots going away so I looked around and found

Kizoa which has a free version along with several paid ones.

I just started to work with it and it seems to do OK. I find several "quirks" that

I don't understand yet but over time figure them out. The one that bothers me most

is when you left click on the picture, you go to Kizoa main page.

You can see a sample on my webpage here;

http://webpages.charter.net/vincewirth/cshp02.htm

Vince

Cruise Critic has an excellent site -its own Photo Gallery! :eek:

Thing is...no-one at CC really gives a darn about it and

due to an IT glitch

no pics have been submitted since sometime back in Sept, LOL.

It's quite crazy: CC is soo very fussy about what folks submit word-wise

but their Photo Gallery is obviously chopped liver! :cool:

Cruise Critic has an excellent site -its own Photo Gallery! :eek:

Thing is...no-one at CC really gives a darn about it and

due to an IT glitch

no pics have been submitted since sometime back in Sept, LOL.

It's quite crazy: CC is soo very fussy about what folks submit word-wise

but their Photo Gallery is obviously chopped liver! :cool:

I see pictures on the photo gallery board almost every day.

For those of you using Shutterfly... I posted 3 albums but have no idea if anyone logging onto the site will be able to see my photos. I did make them "share" photos but not sure what that means. Any help would really be appreciated!

Years ago I started using Smugmug as it was the best site at the time to set up different albums (Smugmug calls the Galleries) and to organize them into different categories which could also have sub categories.

For example I have a category called "Cruises" in which I can set up a sub-categories for different topics or specific cruises and then within the sub-categories I can set up different galleries . This three level approach allows for a lot of organization.

Also you can easily change the settings so each Category, sub-category or gallery is completely open to all or for differing levels of security to limit who can view them.

Check out my Smugmug main page and then select my Cruises category and drill down from there to see what I mean.

I'm a smugmug fan as well. It is great for organizing the photos. Plus, if you have albums you don't want the world to see, you can either have them accessed by a password or hidden completely.

Thanks to all who gave advice. I haven't looked at my Webshots albums in months and went to check them out only to discover that all my 2,400 pictures carefully organized in albums have been transferred to the new Smiles by Webshots service with a continuing jumble of pics with no organization or captions at all. Fehh!!!!

Looks like I have to download all the Webshots albums by Dec 1 and resubmit to whatever new service I choose.

Now that Webshots is no more (so sad!), I want a site that allows everyone and anyone to view my photos.... just like Webshots did. Is there such a site?

Sandy, you can create a share site on Shutterfly. It is free and you can set your site to be viewed by everyone if you wish. It is easy and fun. Give it a try.

Hi Forever... I put a few albums on Shutterfly but not sure I made them so everyone can see them. How do you do that???

Thanks for the help!

What you want to do is create "Photo Albums"

Take a look at my Photo Album site, and you can see a lot of the functionalities that are there.

Good Luck.

John... thanks so much. Your site looks great. Once Thanksgiving is over and family flies back to their respective homes, I'll focus on doing a site for my photos.

Glad you found it of value.

SF is pretty good and easy. But, the thing that I really like is doing PhotoBooks. They come out great, and really easy to do.

Archived