Family Suite or 2 Balcony Rooms

Tedebt

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be cheaper to get a Family Suite or 2 Balcony rooms on the Princess Cruise ships. Also is there enough privacy in a Family Suite? Hoping to take a cruise one day with my husband and my inlaws.

I would just go to the Princess web site and look at this for your cruise.

Depending on the suite it can be cheaper to go with the two cabins instead.

But you can easily just find the pricing and figure it out for your specific cruise.

Keith

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be cheaper to get a Family Suite or 2 Balcony rooms on the Princess Cruise ships. Also is there enough privacy in a Family Suite? Hoping to take a cruise one day with my husband and my inlaws.

Those family cabins are really more for families with kids, not two adult couples. There's no real privacy whatsoever, so you probably would do better with two cabins.

Thank you everyone for your comments, I wasn't sure how much privacy was in the family suite so thought I would post. LOL! Actually I get along great with my inlaws, it would be my husband who would want the separate cabins. We have camped with them in their motorhome so I know that wouldn't be a huge problem, but I couldn't find the price for family suites, just the regular suites. Ok, I will go with everyones advice and get separate cabins, it would most likely make my husband happier, :rolleyes:. Thanks again.:)

From the Princess site: (Caribbean Princess)

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/staterooms/index.jsp

stateroom_ru_family_suite.jpg

Family Suite with Balcony* Each suite is actually two self-contained staterooms interconnecting through a large living room which leads to an oversized private balcony. Each suite sleeps up to eight people.

There are photos, diagrams and virtual tour on the link above ... it wouldn't allow me to post them here.

There are two bathrooms and two bedrooms and a large shared living room and balcony. The BIG advantage is the suite perks unless your plan was to book two separate suites.

From the diagram and the virtual tour, one bedroom doesn't have a door and the other is two twin beds. Because of the layout, it looks like the twins are kept separate otherwise would block the bathroom.

Archived