Anybody just off Conquest with input on 2.0 upgrades

KORTAM

We sail in February. We too would like to know about the 2.0 upgrades. Did they upgrade the cabins too? Or just the public areas and add the bars and the restaurants/food places?

Kathy

I want to say they may have updated the cabins or maybe just some.

I had originally had room 2470 on the main deck booked, I now have one of the new grand scenic Oceanview rooms all the way forward on the lido deck. Category 6k

Well we were just off the Conquest this morning 2.0 Upgrades well they were ok i wouldnt base another cruise on weather they had the upgrades or not, alot of the upgrades were not finished we seen lots of maintence guys scurrying thoughout the ship all week b4 the end of the week most of the lettering had fallen off the 2 bars even hit a passenger in the head lol..... Guys Burgers were good and the French Fries were awesome if you got them hot.. Friends said the Drinks in the Blue Iguanna and the Red Frog were good. Comedy Brunch was brunch if you going there to here a comedy show dont waste your time, The menu was some diffrent gotta try the mac and cheese with Chicken its awesome.. The Blue Iguanna Cantina was really good my friend loved the Shrimp Burritos and i like the beef and chicken ones they also had breakfast burritos and tacos.. Didnt see or hear anything all week about the Hasbro Game shows its like they just fell off the ship. All of the new rooms they added were not finished and they were working on them all week... I have to say Nola is one of the best ones so far that i have been on for embarkation and Debarkation.. If you all go to Grand Caymen look up Native Ways for the Snorkel and Swim with the Sting rays excursion it is awesome and so worth the money it was like 62.50 for an all day excursion and lunch it was amazing ask for JC and Alex they were Great Tour guides... Jamacia was hit pretty good by the storm so things look bad wasnt impressed by

Jamacia... Cozmel was lots of fun we went to Mr Sanchos for the best deal book online thru there website its a 5.00 deposit and when you get to the door you pay 40 per person for all inclusive so very worth every penny... A taxi ride is 32 for 8 people so its 4 a piece each way... Sorry just ramblin you guys only asked for 2.0 stuff huh lol any questions please feel free to ask away... Over all had an awesome week...

Daijayx2, When are you going on your cruise? These Cabins were not finished yet when we were on this past week... There were some folks that got upgraded to these about two weeks ago and got a call Sat telling them they had to cancel there cruise after they were in Nola needless to say it wasnt a plesant day for them or Carnival when they got done lol...

Is blue iguana cantina included in the cruise fare or is it extra? Anybody have a menu?

Included.

Carnival is expanding on its wide array of dining options with an exciting venue, the BlueIguana Cantina. This complimentary poolside dining destination, open for breakfast and lunch, offers guests freshly made burritos (breakfast burritos in the morning) and tacos on homemade tortillas they can make their own with a variety of salsas and toppings. Hungry guests can also watch the tortilla maker create fresh wheat and jalapeño tortillas, then enjoy three types of tacos with a variety of toppings, and three kinds of burritos with fantastic fillings, plus chips and salsa.

Located poolside, the BlueIguana Cantina is open for breakfast, 7:30am-10:30am and for lunch, 12:00pm-2:30pm.

Included.

Carnival is expanding on its wide array of dining options with an exciting venue, the BlueIguana Cantina. This complimentary poolside dining destination, open for breakfast and lunch, offers guests freshly made burritos (breakfast burritos in the morning) and tacos on homemade tortillas they can make their own with a variety of salsas and toppings. Hungry guests can also watch the tortilla maker create fresh wheat and jalapeño tortillas, then enjoy three types of tacos with a variety of toppings, and three kinds of burritos with fantastic fillings, plus chips and salsa.

Located poolside, the BlueIguana Cantina is open for breakfast, 7:30am-10:30am and for lunch, 12:00pm-2:30pm.

So looking forward to this. We will be on the Dec 2nd cruise. I was on the Sept 30th cruise and had a great time, but I am looking forward to all the new stuff :)

Included.

I never saw any chips there....but it was good.

Upgrades: Same as what was already said, not everything was done and ready for the sail. Yes, Guys burgers and fries were yummy, always a long time. Blue Iguana cantina was good too. The drinks at blue iguana and red frog were typical cruise drinks (pricey!). Comedy show was a joke, service was slow and the comedy was about 10 minutes on the top of the hour. No Hasbro game show.....the show was "The Brits" and I thought it was very lame compared to other shows I've seen on carnival (it was actually cancelled until the last night due to technical difficulty). I didin't notice anything different about the rooms.

Jamaica was a bust.....we were dropped off at a storage type terminal and took a shuttle to the main terminal, which was about 6 stores and a small bar. The people in the city were pushy, we paid $19 a person to have a "hop on, hop off" bus access. We wanted to go to the "hip strip" which there really isn't anything HIP about it. They first took us to Rose Hill shopping center, and then back to the hip strip (which apparently we passed on the way to the shopping center). We attempted to go to the craft market, but the people were WAY too pushy and scary, we left before we passed the first shop. We went scuba diving in cozumel and grand cayman.

I missed not having a serenity deck, no sushi bar, only the "taste bar" that I only saw open twice. The aft pool was nice and quiet compared to the lido deck. No chocolate party, no late night buffet (burgers, dogs, etc). Pirate pizza was so so.

I don't remember this happening before.....but when in port, the buffets would close right before we had to come on board. Many angry people who were hungry!

I missed not having a serenity deck, no sushi bar, only the "taste bar" that I only saw open twice. The aft pool was nice and quiet compared to the lido deck. No chocolate party, no late night buffet (burgers, dogs, etc). Pirate pizza was so so.

Are you sure no chocolate buffet in the buffet at lunch the last seaday.. every ship Ive been on had this still going, a lot of people on the same cruise I was on missed it and claimed it wasnt there.. just werent looking in the right part of the buffet.

I too was surprised at the taste bar.. I looked a couple of times and gave up and then saw it was on a later night into the cruise and I missed it.. you really have to look for it!!

Like Smitty said there was no Chips and Salsa i made a comment to my husbandit would have been nice to have them... The Brit Show was dull and all they did was chage the name of some of the old shows and call them new so some of the ones we like we missed because of the new names... Like i said i wouldn book a cruise just because it was on the ship it wasnt all that...

I don't understand why they did not add Serenity to the Conquest. Conquest is now one of the only ships without one. The only other ships without Serenity decks are the Destiny and Triumph. But when the Destiny becomes the Sunshine, she will have a Serenity deck.

To those who were on the Conquest

OR

those going....

I am wanting to know what Spa specials they may have on the day they dock in Jamaica. DH has a "work" related excursion planned and I may stay on the ship and pamper myself... if they have a decent enough special.

Daijayx2, When are you going on your cruise? These Cabins were not finished yet when we were on this past week... There were some folks that got upgraded to these about two weeks ago and got a call Sat telling them they had to cancel there cruise after they were in Nola needless to say it wasnt a plesant day for them or Carnival when they got done lol...

Ackkkk!!! That would be terrible!! I'm sailing 2/17/13 so I REALLY hope they have them finished by then.

Archived