*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Has anyone else been watching the Navigator dry dock thread with pictures?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968301

I am! And with every picture I am getting more and more obsessed with booking a March cruise, but alas, not enough funds available with Allure coming up just after!!!!!!! I have a next cruise too...but the "comptroller" says no:rolleyes:

I am itching to book one of the new virtual balcony staterooms, I'll have to keep looking for bargains to convince him.

Edited by BecciBoo

I am! And with every picture I am getting more and more obsessed with booking a March cruise, but alas, not enough funds available with Allure coming up just after!!!!!!! I have a next cruise too...but the "comptroller" says no:rolleyes:

I am itching to book one of the new virtual balcony staterooms, I'll have to keep looking for bargains to convince him.

Good luck with "bargains." The prices seem to be on the increase until after final payment and then the cabins are all gone....Maybe next month or two the next wave will be released for April '15 and after. Book early and check often! :)

I'm lookin at hurricane season, we love Sept. cruises!

Becci, we like spring and fall for cruising - usually find last minute deals out of Galveston. I just grabbed 4/13 last week - had a deal for 2 days - we snatched a middle hump balcony - same cabin is now $228 more each. Actually, I don't consider April a last minute deal, but whenever a balcony goes for less than $700 I consider it a deal, watch, it will probably go lower after final payment (it was within 1 week of final)...LOL. Have found really good deals around 2 to 6 weeks out., usually after final payment and in Sept and Oct. However, the deals RCCL had over New Years for the 5/25 Navigator sailing were the best I've ever seen. We'll be cruising in Alaska at that time so had to pass it up - killed me...LOL. I'm sure you'll find a good deal this fall and I'm sure we'll be booking one for sometime in Sept.

Becci, we like spring and fall for cruising - usually find last minute deals out of Galveston. I just grabbed 4/13 last week - had a deal for 2 days - we snatched a middle hump balcony - same cabin is now $228 more each. Actually, I don't consider April a last minute deal, but whenever a balcony goes for less than $700 I consider it a deal, watch, it will probably go lower after final payment (it was within 1 week of final)...LOL. Have found really good deals around 2 to 6 weeks out., usually after final payment and in Sept and Oct. However, the deals RCCL had over New Years for the 5/25 Navigator sailing were the best I've ever seen. We'll be cruising in Alaska at that time so had to pass it up - killed me...LOL. I'm sure you'll find a good deal this fall and I'm sure we'll be booking one for sometime in Sept.

You need to get on a week earlier and do a B2B!:D Final payment is today, so there may be some good prices popping up!

Edited by Cindy

Becci - keep an eye on 4/27 - lots of cabins still available, at least balconies. Look for this sailing to have some bargains soon.

Yep that's the one I had my eye on. Along with Sept. 28th. But realistically don't think we can do April.

Edited by BecciBoo

Yep that's the one I had my eye on. Along with Sept. 28th. But realistically don't think we can do April.

We actually had the April one booked.... But cancelled in favor of Oct 12th. Cheaper rates & the April one was to close to our Feb 5th one. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I looked at it, but still favoring Sept. 28th. Don't want to push it too far into cooler weather. It wouldn't cost me a penny to book it right now with my Next Cruise:D

Just book all of them!! We will probably look at the 09/28 one also - have sailed at that time for the past few years. Also looking at the 5/4, 6 day sailing. It was really cheap for a long time and now that we are considering it, the price has gone up...LOL. Have several friends that have booked it and would just like to sail with them. That would give us 9 days until our Alaska land tour and cruise - plenty of time...LOL

Edited by golfpccc

Hi. Many posters on this thread live in Galveston; I am hoping they can help with some info.

There is a marathon on Galveston Island 16 Feb 2014. Looking at the website, the route appears to include streets near the port area and the Strand. From past experience:

1. Will the race impact cruise parking or entry to the port area for those that like to check in before noon?
  2. When can we expect the racers and support staff to clear the port area?

Thank you for any information.

The race starts and ends on The Strand at Saengerfest Park (23rd).

The route goes to the Seawall and not on Harborside Dr.

Race starts at 7:45am, with a get together at the park after the race.

Barricades should be down by noon at the latest but will not impact Harborside or the port area.

Not to say traffic won't be bad, it always is due to the idiots that direct traffic at the port:rolleyes:

:cool:Galveston Cruiser and others..........

Are you all planning to welcome Navigator back on the 4th? There are some on one of the cruise threads planning to show up so see her.

We will be on the road when she arrives to board on the 5th but who knows, we may get there in time to "cruise" by and wave hello. ;)

:cool:Galveston Cruiser and others..........

Are you all planning to welcome Navigator back on the 4th? There are some on one of the cruise threads planning to show up so see her.

We will be on the road when she arrives to board on the 5th but who knows, we may get there in time to "cruise" by and wave hello. ;)

Wish I could be there during the week. Hopefully soon enough I can sail her to check out the modifications close up. Ideally on a week when school is in session so I can do more surfing assuming that NOTS is like Allure mostly kids surfing with few adults trying it.

Wish I could be there during the week. Hopefully soon enough I can sail her to check out the modifications close up. Ideally on a week when school is in session so I can do more surfing assuming that NOTS is like Allure mostly kids surfing with few adults trying it.

Right now the bargains seem to be in early April before school is out.

Are the horns still working? Those were the good ole days on Voyager.

Right now the bargains seem to be in early April before school is out.

Are the horns still working? Those were the good ole days on Voyager.

Haven't inflated them. Maybe if a group wants to help with them in the Spring we could have a BBQ gathering of CC folks. As big as they are it takes several hands to set them up. If I could put them atop the barn, I figure I could have them spotted from a few miles away. Probably cause a crash on the highway from onlookers.

Haven't inflated them. Maybe if a group wants to help with them in the Spring we could have a BBQ gathering of CC folks. As big as they are it takes several hands to set them up. If I could put them atop the barn, I figure I could have them spotted from a few miles away. Probably cause a crash on the highway from onlookers.

That's funny....but likely true! BBQ sounds great!

Too bad RCI didn't think to call you for the new and improved NV arrivial Feb 4th. :)

That's funny....but likely true! BBQ sounds great!

Too bad RCI didn't think to call you for the new and improved NV arrivial Feb 4th. :)

They know how to reach me. Mark the RCCL and Azamara dsm who lives in Galveston has my number and knows I have the horns at the ranch.

To add to Galveston cruiser post my better half,

Yesterday Port of Galveston approved the new

5 year agreement with RCCL including a larger ship than Voyager Class.

And the terminal # 2 RCCL will double in size

And improvements will be completed

spring 2015 which dovetails in with Navigator

repositioning in spring 2015.

To add to Galveston cruiser post my better half,

Yesterday Port of Galveston approved the new

5 year agreement with RCCL including a larger ship than Voyager Class.

And the terminal # 2 RCCL will double in size

And improvements will be completed

spring 2015 which dovetails in with Navigator

repositioning in spring 2015.

Nice!!

And definitely count me in for the CC gathering! Those horns on a barn would be a sight to see. Maybe not as cool as on a ship again, but still love 'em. :)

-gina-