*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Just saw this on another thread....

The weekly newspaper Caribbean Business (vol. 43 no. 3, p. 23) mentions in a broader article about tourism that RCI will be replacing the Jewel with the Navigator year round out of San Juan beginning May 2015.

Both SSB and Galveston Cruiser posted this info on the Gulf Coast thread the other day. They live in Galveston and are frequent RCL cruisers. The consensus from several is that NOS will be replaced by Independence. So, we wait and see. I will say that this couple is right a LOT of the time!

Woohoo....we are going on tomorrow's cruise!!! We booked an inside guarantee for just 511 total for 2! Couldn't stand it! We had 3 hours to spare before they closed the bookings today!

I just looked and it is still open if anybody's interested. $199 pp. And there are still all cabin cats left except suites. The ship is only 50%full.

Edited by BecciBoo

The weekly newspaper Caribbean Business (vol. 43 no. 3, p. 23) mentions in a broader article about tourism that RCI will be replacing the Jewel with the Navigator year round out of San Juan beginning May 2015.

So what is replacing Navigator in Galveston?

Woohoo....we are going on tomorrow's cruise!!! We booked an inside guarantee for just 511 total for 2! Couldn't stand it! We had 3 hours to spare before they closed the bookings today!

I just looked and it is still open if anybody's interested. $199 pp. And there are still all cabin cats left except suites. The ship is only 50%full.

Come over to our thread!! We're all jumping out of our skin to get on her! She's waiting for us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow! You don't know how tempted I was when I saw this. Unfortunately we have a pool leak:mad: repair starting tomorrow that really needs to get done. Sigh! Maybe now that Royal's here year-round we can start to take advantage of some last minute pricing.

Becci y'all have a great time and take lots of pictures!! I saw those prices this morning also but couldn't get Dave to say yes, especially on an inside cabin!! He is definitely a balcony snob...LOL

We heard that from the ship also. Guess it's true for now. We will see. Maybe Jewel and Indy will come to Galveston. ;)

That's her forehead!:D I think she has some waves and surfers on her rump now!;)

Lol I was coming in to edit my post when I saw a better pic. The flag still made me all warm and fuzzy :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Edited by BlondieB

We heard that from the ship also. Guess it's true for now. We will see. Maybe Jewel and Indy will come to Galveston. ;)

Wow petel that would be something:)

Some head on competition for carnival. :eek:

We are out with crew and did get photos of flag .

Glad emerald cam captured flag.

Edited by ssb

We heard that from the ship also. Guess it's true for now. We will see. Maybe Jewel and Indy will come to Galveston.

Both? At same time or b2b separate times ?:confused:

No disrespect but, Who cares! It would be great for both. Long and short cruises alternating ships......dream, dream, dream BIG! :D

No disrespect but, Who cares! It would be great for both. Long and short cruises alternating ships......dream, dream, dream BIG! :D

Hopefully you misunderstood about something.

No disrespect about what.

All I have ever done is dream big about Galveston

in all respects.

I live there and love it.

Edited by ssb