*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Standing by for news. :)

The CC news said RCI will add 30 calls to Galveston in 2014. Anyone read that as another ship for part of the season? :confused:

(11:25 E.S.T) -- Every week we catch wind of so much cruise news, we don't always know what to do with it all, but a few standout bits sometimes catch our attention. Here are some interesting cruise tidbits we think you might like to know about.

Royal Caribbean Promises Galveston a Bigger Ship

The Port of Galveston and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. have agreed to be partners for another five years. The terms include upgrading Galveston's Terminal 2 by spring 2015 to accommodate larger vessels and more passengers, at an estimated cost of $10 million. Currently, Navigator of the Seas sails year-round from Galveston, but Royal Caribbean will add 30 calls to the Texas port in both 2014 and 2015, commit to continuing its year-round presence, and -- good news for local cruising fans -- bring an even larger ship to Galveston once the terminal enhancements are finished.

The CC news said RCI will add 30 calls to Galveston in 2014. Anyone read that as another ship for part of the season? :confused:

I see you mean two ships

Hay now that's a new one

Thanks

Think it's the move from part time to full time by Navigator.

Could be but that seems like old news. This release says "add30" and I am wishing out loud :). We will see.

I just don't see a surprise second ship this Summer or Fall as it's not already scheduled. I think the year round is now contractual in the deal as opposed to the space was open yo dock every Sunday so book it... It makes a good sound byte for POG.

With the fog tonight I guess it may be a blessing no changeover day in the morning.

I just don't see a surprise second ship this Summer or Fall as it's not already scheduled. I think the year round is now contractual in the deal as opposed to the space was open yo dock every Sunday so book it... It makes a good sound byte for POG.

With the fog tonight I guess it may be a blessing no changeover day in the morning.

Galveston's pretty socked in this morning.:( Hope Tuesday and Wednesday are better!

Yeah, looks nasty out there, but you know what? One of my favorite experiences on Voyager was the Feb. fog cruise. I really enjoyed the fog..."coming in on little cat feet" I've always loved Carl Sandburg's Fog

We didn't leave until 2:00 am Monday but no biggie. I loved being out on our aft balcony looking at the lights through the fog that night. The only difference I could see was that the ship wasn't moving...otherwise just like any other sea day. And we made our port on time.

I know the Dec. fog cruise was not so fun for those who had to wait outside the channel for a day that year, but for me, that would be just one more day onboard!

The latest in our seemingly endless string of cold fronts is moving through Houston right now, so it should help Galveston in a couple hours.

It was much cooler when I grabbed newspaper an hour ago. Now it's read and ready to go in pile to take to CAP for animal use. As for Galveston pic from webcam not so pretty but likely improving in time for arrival today.

Think it's the move from part time to full time

You may be right for I understood back when

When full time ship contract was agreed to

their was piece in Chronicle about new terminal improvements.

This new 5 year may have included the larger ship provision.

And the increased calls were provisions in first contract for full time

and just now modified

for larger ship .

Think it's the move from part time to full time

You may be right for I understood back when

When full time ship contract was agreed to

their was piece in Chronicle about new terminal improvements.

This new 5 year may have included the larger ship provision.

And the increased calls were provisions in first contract for full time

and just now modified

for larger ship .

Hi Lee, how foggy is it down there? I have a friend on the Magic who just called and said they were told they might not get in today. It looks OK on the web cam.

And those wanting to get aboard and sail. Wonder if the hotels are granting late checkout for those with no place else to go.

The few times we had delayed boarding they let us stay in the room until 2:00 and opened up the conference room with coffee, tea, and sandwiches. Really nice way to treat folks......:cool:

The few times we had delayed boarding they let us stay in the room until 2:00 and opened up the conference room with coffee, tea, and sandwiches. Really nice way to treat folks......:cool:

On the positive side only one ship swapping out pax today. Also weather not conducive to lots of Houston folk to spend a weekend in Galveston today. Figure many who spent night probably headed home early today.

Hi Lee, how foggy is it down there? I have a friend on the Magic who just called and said they were told they might not get in today. It looks OK on the web cam.

Hi Kate:

Not foggy at the house. Went to the cottage earlier, saw some light fog on the Gulf, Actually, the sun was breaking through prior to the front arriving with rain. Magic is docked and facing seaward again so she turned at the turning basin and backed in to the dock.

Hi Kate:

Not foggy at the house. Went to the cottage earlier, saw some light fog on the Gulf, Actually, the sun was breaking through prior to the front arriving with rain. Magic is docked and facing seaward again so she turned at the turning basin and backed in to the dock.

Thanks Mary. I hope the Navigator gets in on Tuesday without any fog.

Kathy and I are thinking of maybe coming down to see the Nav on Wednesday. Will you guys be around?

I just looked on the Emerald Cam...it looks like Magic should dock about 2:30.

Does anybody know if the Caribbean Princess made it out of Bayport yet? They have had nothing but bad luck so far!

Cruise cam says it has headed out to Costa Maya. I guess they are skipping Roatan (or does it even go there?)

Tucker in Texas

Thanks Mary. I hope the Navigator gets in on Tuesday without any fog.

Kathy and I are thinking of maybe coming down to see the Nav on Wednesday. Will you guys be around?

Sorry I missed your post Kate.

That would be fun! Come on . :)

Edited by ssb