*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

to add to galveston cruiser post my better half,

yesterday port of galveston approved the new

5 year agreement with rccl including a larger ship than voyager class.

And the terminal # 2 rccl will double in size

and improvements will be completed

spring 2015 which dovetails in with navigator

repositioning in spring 2015.

so exciting!!!!!! :d:d:d

Nice!!

And definitely count me in for the CC gathering! Those horns on a barn would be a sight to see. Maybe not as cool as on a ship again, but still love 'em. :)

-gina-

Was it yesterday

you were having a meeting at the port?

Has anybody been looking at the pictures of the Navigator rehab? I can't see it possibly being ready by February 5 for prime time. They have already said the pay restaurants won't be ready until March 1.

Tucker in Texas

The pics show great progress & the insiders say everything is on schedule. So no worries. The restaurants are now available for booking.... So no worries there either. All's good for the Feb 5th sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anybody been looking at the pictures of the Navigator rehab? I can't see it possibly being ready by February 5 for prime time. They have already said the pay restaurants won't be ready until March 1.

Tucker in Texas

The restaurant closure ended up being false information...all the restaurants have now been loaded in to the on-line reservation system.

It's interesting to watch the process, and I agree...to my untrained eye it looks like a colossal mess. However, Dry Dock Dave seems to think things are right on schedule, so much so that they added some renovations in the VCL to expand the size of the dance floor.

I hope we see lots more pictures this week. I'd love to see it come together!

The Port of Galveston has signed a 5 year agreement with RCCL:D

$10 million for port improvements approved.

Today in Galveston County Daily News!

YEAH:)

That is great! At least we don't have to worry for 5 years.:p

Sally

We'll be on Nav. Feb 16, can't wait.

I'll put in a vote for Freedom as well.

One story I saw made it sound like we may have a year round, and possibly a second ship part time. It was clear though we have full time thru at least end of 2015 and in 2015 we are to receive a larger ship.

Don't really care, but would guess Freedom.

The size of the ship is not a hinderance, they can always 'back in' to the pier.

All I know is that I am cruise-overdue!!!!!

Need to fix that right away....overdue slips right into withdrawal and then comes long sleepless nights followed by ! Don't know, but it must be awful. ! :eek:

May have to take advantage of some good rates on an upcoming Navigator sailing to see the redone ship.

Also better sail her from Galveston before she sails off to be replaced...

The prices doubled since first released but now some are coming back to reality. Inside final payment they are getting back near the original release in some categories. There have also been some random drops for a week or two. My advice, watch carefully and often. :)

The prices doubled since first released but now some are coming back to reality. Inside final payment they are getting back near the original release in some categories. There have also been some random drops for a week or two. My advice, watch carefully and often. :)

Specials come out ever week. That is what is driving the possibility. The deal would be too good to pass up.

Likely would be me and mom and perhaps several of her friends (in their own cabins) that would come aboard. I will post on the M&M you started once I have it confirmed.

Specials come out ever week. That is what is driving the possibility. The deal would be too good to pass up.

Likely would be me and mom and perhaps several of her friends (in their own cabins) that would come aboard. I will post on the M&M you started once I have it confirmed.

Would be nice to see you again. Hope your Mom is doing well. Standing by for news. :)

Standing by for news. :)

The CC news said RCI will add 30 calls to Galveston in 2014. Anyone read that as another ship for part of the season? :confused:

It's possible based on knowns presently

Except the literal indication in contract

is larger ship when terminal completed.

The port capital improvement expenditure schedules

reflect terminal #2 will be completed 1st quarter 2015.

That dovetails into a probability of Freedom Class and Independence

last schedule cruise in ft Lauderdale. With out re reading threads and checking schedules Believe one other freedom class might be available and freed up also.

The odds are against others.