Leaving next Sunday and GD broke her thumb

cruisinmeme

we booked this cruise with 3 grandkids 23 months ago. Leaving next Sunday to be gone the week they are out of school for thanksgiving. Poor 11 year old broke her thump last night. They have it in a splint until she see's the ortho next week. Good to go if it is cast, but if surg her mom said no!! She doesn't want to worry about all the what if's.

She loves the pool and slide, but will be happy just to go . Her brother and cousin is going. Yeah, we have the insurance but she will be so bummed if she has to cancel. Maybe everyone could say a quick parquet for her and it will all be good.

Crazy thing is my husband and I have been on three cruises since we booked this one, but it is special because we love taking the kids.

we booked this cruise with 3 grandkids 23 months ago. Leaving next Sunday to be gone the week they are out of school for thanksgiving. Poor 11 year old broke her thump last night. They have it in a splint until she see's the ortho next week. Good to go if it is cast, but if surg her mom said no!! She doesn't want to worry about all the what if's.

She loves the pool and slide, but will be happy just to go . Her brother and cousin is going. Yeah, we have the insurance but she will be so bummed if she has to cancel. Maybe everyone could say a quick parquet for her and it will all be good.

Crazy thing is my husband and I have been on three cruises since we booked this one, but it is special because we love taking the kids.

Wow, quite the crowd, hope the thumbs work out.

Hope she feels better. They do have water proof casts. My son broke his arm last summer and spent hours in the ocean with it on.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Someone told us about this today at the ball park. It is a two week only cast then has to be replaced. We will make the best of it if a cast is the only thing she has to deal with. It is the fear she may have to have surg. Then her going on the cruise is out.

Someone told us about this today at the ball park. It is a two week only cast then has to be replaced. We will make the best of it if a cast is the only thing she has to deal with. It is the fear she may have to have surg. Then her going on the cruise is out.

We have friends whose 12 yo son broke his forearm so BADLY that he had to have surgery to put in metal plates with screws ... And they all flew out across the pond 2 days later for their 11 day Med cruise. He was fine and happy to be able to travel!

So methinks it will be thumbs up.

It is a done deal. Been a member for 4 years and never corrected it.

Gee thought I was on the carnival site there for a bit.

I`m sure everything will work out just fine, but a BIG thumbs-up for your GD for good luck!! As for your spelling, leave it as is for all of the A****Y Retentive readers. If it bothers them enough to feel the need to correct you....then good lol...must be a retired teacher. :rolleyes:

cheers...the Ump...:D

Come over to the rollcall and say hello. Hope everything goes well for your grand daughter. See you onboard Sunday.

Dave

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1391331&page=37

Thanks!,

Does your family have one of the SJ suites on deck 12? Not crazy about being up so high and forward, but will be giving it a try.

Sunday can't come fast enough.

Not exactly sure why mom is saying "no go" if there is surgery. Hope it all goes as planned and you can enjoy this family trip.

My daughter is a nurse and sometimes she knows too much for her own good. She is worried about post op complications. I can see her point, but I am just hoping surg want be what happens.

That's why God gave us two thumbs. Good to go.

My daughter is a nurse and sometimes she knows too much for her own good. She is worried about post op complications. I can see her point, but I am just hoping surg want be what happens.

Thanks for the explanation. Definitely listen to the orthopedic surgeon in this case. I had to have emergency surgery three days prior to leaving on a cruise. Got out of the hospital and went. Thought I could either recuperate at home or on a cruise. Very sore and moved slow but it was the best decision for me.

Two of my son's friends just had knee surgeries for severely-torn ACLs and meniscus tears. The ortho surgeon recommended physical therapy before surgery. Maybe that would be an option for your GD and if she needs surgery, it could happen after the cruise. Hope it all works out!

It is a done deal. Been a member for 4 years and never corrected it.

Gee thought I was on the carnival site there for a bit.

You thought is was bad that some thoughtful person let you know about the typo. Had they been negative,maybe, but I saw it as thoughtful!:confused:

I'm proud of my state and even use caps.:D

Archived