Friends and family discount

jtslattery

If you read the goals and objectives of Oceania you will discover the line discourages families/children by being an adult ship for like minded adults and says flat out they offer no porgrams or facilites for families/children.

Could you tell me where I can read the goals and objectives of Oceania? Thanks.

Does anybody know if Oceania offers and friends and family discounts? If so how do they work

If you have a friend or family member that works for Oceania would they not be able to tell you how it works?

If you mean interline rates best to check with Oceania directly

Lyn

If you read the goals and objectives of Oceania you will discover the line discourages families/children by being an adult ship for like minded adults and says flat out they offer no porgrams or facilites for families/children.

I do not see what has to do with the question

Family can mean parents or siblings etc...not just children

If you have a friend or family member that works for Oceania would they not be able to tell you how it works?

If you mean interline rates best to check with Oceania directly

Lyn

I thought the OP was referring to a referral type program, but perhaps I'm interpreting wrong.

I thought the OP was referring to a referral type program, but perhaps I'm interpreting wrong.

That's what thought as well. I know Seaborn has (or had) a guest referral program where they would provide a $400 OBC for the referrer and referee.

Hi:

Some Travel Agencies get special promotions and they call it Friends and Family rates. We know as our TA has this available when they provide promotional presentations to prospective clients and has limited period for which the rates apply.It is a package deal with plenty of goodies.In our TA's situation they will provide a full afternoon presentation with cruise line to around 300 guests on each of two days.

Elwin

Or maybe I am :confused:

Since I do not cruise mainstream line I have not heard of a F & F discount

Hi:

Some Travel Agencies get special promotions and they call it Friends and Family rates. We know as our TA has this available when they provide promotional presentations to prospective clients and has limited period for which the rates apply.It is a package deal with plenty of goodies.In our TA's situation they will provide a full afternoon presentation with cruise line to around 300 guests on each of two days.

Elwin

Maybe it is a group rate & they just call it what they like

I know some Agents here have presentations where they offer group rates on the mainstream lines

we have a friend who is an airline rep & he gets F &F rates on the interline sites for cruises, hotels etc...

My niece works for a hotel chain & gets F & F rates

Lyn

On some lines past cruisers have been able to book a cabin at a rate less than what new cruisers to that line pay. When they do, they are able to get that reduced rate for "friends and family" for up to four cabins on the same sailing.

I suspect this is what OP was asking about.

Hi:

Here is exact ad for this topic:

Reduced Deposits( Fully Refundable)

Up to 15% Off on Every Sailing

Prepaid Gratuities

Free Travel Insurance (Concierge level and above)

Friends and Family Savings

Not bad for presentations of up to 600 prospective clients over two days at local hotels such as Hyatt and free snacks etc.

So we can call it whatever and there are great savings here.

Elwin

Maybe it is a group rate & they just call it what they like

I know some Agents here have presentations where they offer group rates on the mainstream lines

we have a friend who is an airline rep & he gets F &F rates on the interline sites for cruises, hotels etc...

My niece works for a hotel chain & gets F & F rates

Lyn

Hi:

Here is exact ad for this topic:

Reduced Deposits( Fully Refundable)

Up to 15% Off on Every Sailing

Prepaid Gratuities

Free Travel Insurance (Concierge level and above)

Friends and Family Savings

Not bad for presentations of up to 600 prospective clients over two days at local hotels such as Hyatt and free snacks etc.

So we can call it whatever and there are great savings here.

Elwin

If Oceania sees this ad or goes to this presentation they will no longer let this agent sell into their cruise line..they have a strict policy of not advertising less rates then they publish..

Jancruz1

Don't you just love it when the OP doesn't come back after asking a question? All of our speculating is fun though. :)

I was thinking the same thing we are speculating and he could have easily told us what he really meant..BTW the only F and F I know about is when someone works at a cruise line on land or on sea (I know for a fact Princess does this) if they have a lot of space available on a certain cruise they offer an F and F price, a daily rate of approximately $150 much lower than the published rate for their employees to go with their friends and family..it is definitely not a group rate or an advertised rate it is only for employees and the rate is internal onlyl..

Jancruz1

Jan who said it was Oceania! This was just the topic of discusion.

Elwin

If Oceania sees this ad or goes to this presentation they will no longer let this agent sell into their cruise line..they have a strict policy of not advertising less rates then they publish..

Jancruz1

Jancruz1

Hi, Jan

I was of the belief that Oceania did not allow discounting as you have stated, so I was surprised when a friend booked a cruise with us and quoted $250 less. Do you have information regarding how this may happen? Thanks!

Hi, Jan

I was of the belief that Oceania did not allow discounting as you have stated, so I was surprised when a friend booked a cruise with us and quoted $250 less. Do you have information regarding how this may happen? Thanks!

It is not exactly a mystery as to how that happens.

Unscrupulous and unprincipled Agents sometimes cheat to get the extra business, which literally takes the bread out of the mouths of those Agents who play by the rules.:mad:

Aside from the ethics, or lack thereof, involved in doing such a thing, as Jan noted in an earlier post, eventually those agents will be caught and lose their credentials to sell Oceania Cruises.

It's wrong, it's dishonest, and it's risky. If ANY Agent offers you such a deal, JUST WALK AWAY.

There's another way it could happen -- Jan's exact quote (with my emphasis) was, "...they have a strict policy of not advertising less rates then they publish..."

An agent can charge whatever rate they like as long as they don't do it publicly...

...but, as Jim stated, it goes against Oceania's intentions and is not really fair to other agents.

Archived