Bon Voyage Bangkok Diamonds 2012

princess-cruise-logo.gifCruises_Diamond.jpgprincess-cruise-logo.gif

Wishing all those in the very active Diamond Princess Roll Call for this cruise on Nov 26th from Laem Chabang to Sydney all the very very best.

Year after year , this is a popular cruise for Australians and Kiwis, (done it twice myself) and this year is no exception. You are all in for a wonderful cruise.

Have a Great Meet and Greet.

princess-cruise-logo.gifCruises_Diamond.jpgprincess-cruise-logo.gif

Wishing all those in the very active Diamond Princess Roll Call for this cruise on Nov 26th from Laem Chabang to Sydney all the very very best.

Year after year , this is a popular cruise for Australians and Kiwis, (done it twice myself) and this year is no exception. You are all in for a wonderful cruise.

Have a Great Meet and Greet.

Thanks David. wish you were coming with us. maybe next year?

:), haha, we don't do blogs I am afraid :(, but if time and the ship internet allows, I might post an update or two from the ship!

O come on!! Stu!! :)

I will have to show you how when we see you in Feb :) It's easy. You do it all offline so you hardly use any Internet time at all onboard.

Barry

Hello from Bangkok!, just a quick note :)

We arrived in Bangkok on Thursday night about 7:30pm local time.

We have been having a nice time here! And it’s very HOT here!

This afternoon (local time) we board the Diamond Princess for our cruise back to Sydney!

Will try and post from the ship if the internet let us :)

Good night from Bangkok! (Its 1:12am, Bangkok time!)

When we went to Phu My on Oriana, there was a VERY thick river fog. When we were tied up alongside you could barely see those cranes on the dock. Just before we did tie up the captain apparently asked the Pilot to ask people ashore to turn on the waiting bus lights so he could see where the wharf was :eek:

The trip to Ho Chi Minh city is quite long - and was worse in the afternoon when we came back. Interesting city - but if we ever go there again, will go to Vung Tau.

Barry

Hello from Muara, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei cruise terminal!!.

The terminal has free wifi :D ( took me ages to get on it!, There is about 100 peple trying to get on it as well!!!)

Having a nice cruise! Brunei was great today, we got a taxi diver to show us around Brunei. ( and its HOT here!)

We now have 4 sea days before Darwin, Australia, so will try and post more in the next few days, its 4:30pm local time so i better get back to the ship! ( We leave at 5:30pm local time)

Hello from the Diamond Princess!!

We’er day 4 of 4 days at sea and tomorrow we get in to Darwin.

We are having a nice time on board! The seas have been nice to us and the weather has been just as nice and v e r y hot!! (Although we have had some rain, but it has not put a damper on anything).

Yesterday (Wednesday 5 December 2012) we crossed the equator!! And King Neptune came on board so I am no longer a Pollywog! (This was my first time going over the equator by cruise ship!).

We did sign up to take part in the crossed the equator ceremony but did not get chosen, but we did watch it, and it was a great show, with both passengers (about 3 couples) and a few crew took part (Plus the staff caption!)

The Diamond Princess seems to be in ship shape and everything seems to be working fine. (The cruise before ours had norovirus), but so far this cruise we have not seen any of it!)

Since we were last on the Diamond Princess (over New Year last year (2011 / 2012) the only change Princess USA has done is that there is now 3 shows one at 7:00, 8:15 and 10:15 and the shows are now only half an hour long Instead of an hour.

The food has been good!

The entertainment has been ok, the Princess shows have been great, but the brought on entertainment has been ok, although we had a banjo player who was not to our taste.

We have had a nice time in all the ports we have been to see far: Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam, Singapore and Muara, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.

If you’re going to do a private tour in Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam, make sure the tour company can pick you up from the wharf! And not the gate as getting to the gate in a pain! (Although it may not have helped that the lady showing people to the buses was very unhelpful!!)

Also in Singapore we had the Legend of the sea next to us :)

If I get a chance I will write more about what we did in the above ports :)

If I don’t get a chance to post before we get back to Sydney if you’re in Sydney on Thursday 13, December 2012, keep an eye out for the Diamond Princess as we arrive around 12 noon – 1 pm Sydney time, check Sydney Ports for times.

PS: Does anyone know what a code alpha tango means? (I think it might be medical)

Archived