A Few Quick Thoughts: CB 11/10-11/17

tgmtgm

Just wanted to express a few of my opinions after returning from the Caribbean Princess 11/10-11/17.

Food: Despite all the bad press regarding cuts in the dining room menu, I still found food quality to be quite good. Yes the sirloin burger is on the "daily" offering, and a few folks at my table commented on how tacky of an item it was to be offering in the dining room. But obviously Princess must have had enough of a demand from guests to prompt them to add it. In hindsight, I should have ordered it instead of the New York strip the last night at dinner- tough and stringy even medium rare. And not just mine- the other four NY strips at the table suffered from the same ailment. That was the only disappointing food item for me the entire cruise. The Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe had plenty to offer, and most of the items well prepared.

Cabin: Loved the Window Suite I stayed in. Great location, amenities, fantastically comfortable bed, and the best bathroom I've ever had in a cabin! I would book it again in a heartbeat if the price was right.

Service: Excellent in the dining room, from room steward, and bar staff. Always a friendly smile to be had. I had read a few posts on this forum about how the staff on the CB were burnt out, uncaring, blah blah blah, but I never encountered anyone in that disposition.

Overall it was a great cruise, with great weather, and plenty of fun loving fellow passengers. I only wish Princess would follow Celebrity's lead and offer a premium alcohol drinks package- my onboard bar tab resembled the national debt countdown clock! Lol

Tony

Ditto to almost everything you said Tony!

Except for the bar bill, my experience was about the same as yours. One other difference, the waiter at my table warned us about the steak! I ordered the turkey instead! :p

Hope to cruise with you again sometime!

Thanks for your review.

You said you had the "window suite," and that you really liked it. We are to have a window room on deck 8, so "hopefully" it will be as good as yours.

Did the Caribbean Princess have the champagne tower event, or a chocolate night?

Thanks for your review.

You said you had the "window suite," and that you really liked it. We are to have a window room on deck 8, so "hopefully" it will be as good as yours.

Did the Caribbean Princess have the champagne tower event, or a chocolate night?

A window suite is totally different from an oceanview cabin that you booked. It is the size of the normal entry category suites, but without a balcony and with a giant window. It comes with all the full suite perks.

Princess ships now combine the Champagne waterfall with the Captain's Welcome Party in the Atrium around 7:30 PM on the first formal evening.

Just wanted to express a few of my opinions after returning from the Caribbean Princess 11/10-11/17.

Food: Despite all the bad press regarding cuts in the dining room menu, I still found food quality to be quite good. Yes the sirloin burger is on the "daily" offering, and a few folks at my table commented on how tacky of an item it was to be offering in the dining room. But obviously Princess must have had enough of a demand from guests to prompt them to add it. In hindsight, I should have ordered it instead of the New York strip the last night at dinner- tough and stringy even medium rare. And not just mine- the other four NY strips at the table suffered from the same ailment. That was the only disappointing food item for me the entire cruise. The Horizon Court/Cafe Caribe had plenty to offer, and most of the items well prepared.

Cabin: Loved the Window Suite I stayed in. Great location, amenities, fantastically comfortable bed, and the best bathroom I've ever had in a cabin! I would book it again in a heartbeat if the price was right.

Service: Excellent in the dining room, from room steward, and bar staff. Always a friendly smile to be had. I had read a few posts on this forum about how the staff on the CB were burnt out, uncaring, blah blah blah, but I never encountered anyone in that disposition.

Overall it was a great cruise, with great weather, and plenty of fun loving fellow passengers. I only wish Princess would follow Celebrity's lead and offer a premium alcohol drinks package- my onboard bar tab resembled the national debt countdown clock! Lol

Tony

Tony,

A window suite!!! Nice!!!!! Did you go to Sabatini's for breakfast???

And LOL on the bar tab!!!! :eek::D;)

Tony,

A window suite!!! Nice!!!!! Did you go to Sabatini's for breakfast???

And LOL on the bar tab!!!! :eek::D;)

Hey Jamie! :D

I had breakfast twice in Sabatini's. Loved the eggs benedict! Had the brioche French toast as well, but wasn't too impressed. I still like the corn flake crusted variety in the main dining room better. I would have eaten at Sab's every morning if it weren't for the fact that I slept in till late.(those 3 a.m. bedtimes didn't help ;) )

Tony

Archived