LBD ( little black dress)

abqmommyof4

I realize this has probably been discussed ad nauseum.... but does anyone here think that my little black dress wont suffice for formal night?. I know my dearly departed mother would say it was fine.. but just wanted assurance, really dont want to pack a long gown when my LBD will do the job.

On our Island cruise, you would have been one of the best dressed in a lace LBD. I wore gowns & felt overdressed. If we cruise on Princess again, I too will leave the gowns at home. We saw a little of everything including black capris w/a nice top on ladies & a couple wearing tuxedo t-shirts. She had on a black mini skirt. He wore black pants. One man had on beige linen pants rolled up with a white polo shirt. Those who were under dressed did stand out, but no more than I did being overdressed. Anyway, your LBD will be fine.

Yes...you'll be fine....although a "little black dress" in a different color would stand out better....90% or more of the women will be in black.... so don't worry about it!

If you see a classic cut dress in a different color than black, then grab it!

I wear a tea length black dress and bring a couple of sparkly shawls to wear with it. I got it at TravelSmith and it packs easily, doesn't wrinkle and looks great. It has a touch of spandex to keep its shape. http://www.travelsmith.com/tres-elegant-knit-tea-length-travel-dress/women/dresses/21139?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=20

Archived