an early Christmas present with

a seven-day sale on balcony

staterooms.

FROM tomorrow morning, balcony cabins

will be sold for the price of inside cabins on a

range of 2013 world voyage sectors.

The offers include the chance to experience

the Chinese New Year in Asia aboard Queen

Mary 2, before disembarking in Australia.

A balcony, including complimentary upgrade,

starts at $1,999 per person twin-share for the

16-night voyage from Hong Kong to Brisbane

and $2,199 for 18 nights from Hong Kong to

Sydney, departing 17 February 2013.

Also under the one-week sale, Queen

Victoria balconies will be priced from $2,499

per person twin-share for a 20-night voyage

Cunard offers free balcony upgrades

from San Francisco to Sydney on 3 February

2013, or $2,899 for a 23 nights from Sydney to

Hong Kong departing 24 February.

Balcony staterooms are also available from

$1,796 per person on Queen Elizabeth’s 15-

night cruise from Los Angeles to Auckland

departing on 4 February 2013.

The sale starts at 9am on 28 November and

ends 4 December 2012.

I saw that too and also received a brochure from Cunard. They do not guarantee that balconies are available necessarily and it is only on a limited number of itineraries. Full payment is to be done within 3 days I think. But if you can get away and like the itineraries offered it is a good deal.

Since the QM2 is currently virtually empty between Hong Kong and Sydney, it is going to take longer than 7 days to sell off all the available cabins on this segment.

This has been a problem for Cunard since early this year as everyone rushed to book the next sector (NZ circumnavigation). This sector has been sold out for months.

The problem with the Hong Kong to Sydney sector is the very few port stops. It is not very attractive unless you like long stretches at sea or are continuing on for a longer voyage (like me).

Louise

Since the QM2 is currently virtually empty between Hong Kong and Sydney, it is going to take longer than 7 days to sell off all the available cabins on this segment.

This has been a problem for Cunard since early this year as everyone rushed to book the next sector (NZ circumnavigation). This sector has been sold out for months.

The problem with the Hong Kong to Sydney sector is the very few port stops. It is not very attractive unless you like long stretches at sea or are continuing on for a longer voyage (like me).

Louise

They could sell coupons to the bogans, like they did for VOS, oh dear can you imagine that on QM2? What would the English finery in Queens/Princess Grill say to that? LOL. Oh gawd, imagine butts to the glass lifts and vomiting on QM2. Ugh.

They could sell coupons to the bogans, like they did for VOS, oh dear can you imagine that on QM2? What would the English finery in Queens/Princess Grill say to that? LOL. Oh gawd, imagine butts to the glass lifts and vomiting on QM2. Ugh.

Thankfully there are separate dining and lounge areas for Grills guests so that if Bogans do come on board in Hong Kong, I can retreat to those areas and avoid the undesirable elements.

Ignore Louise- she is only pulling legs.

Although VERY Formal (with most men - 90%??) wearing Tuxedos every third or so night - there is virtually no "class" distinction onboard (apart from where you eat- and another small lounge area where Britannia Class passengers cannot (and probably wouldn't want to) go :D You will never really know who is a Brittania passenger and who is a "Grills" passenger.

These very reasonable fares would be ideal for anyone who wants to go on a REAL SHIP! When I was last on QM2 in European waters, there were about 400 Aussies onboard - and we all thoroughly enjoyed her. She really IS something - and is UNIQUE.

QE and QV are VERY nice ships -- but at the end of the day, they are "just" Vista class ships and, although we thoroughly enjoyed them as well, they do not attract my loyalty like QM2 does.

Serious cruisers, who are not party animals, don't mind dressing up a little, have an appreciation of classical music and men who understand that they have reached a time of life where they should not wear shorts :D would enjoy Cunard ships. For me , the Qm2 Queens Room, her forward observation deck and her library - just in themselves - are enough to want me to sail on her again :D

Anybody with any thoughts of the possibility of this -- please feel free to ask any questions.

Barry

Archived