Live aboard the beautiful and elegant MS Nieuw Amsterdam with ASIWISH!

ASIWISH

Great reports!!

Sorry that you will miss Grand Turk.

About the Bicardi Rum tour -- we did it -- waste of money.

Bicardi Rum factory in San Juan. When you get there they give you this box where you press numbers and listen to a tape explaining everything as you walk through various display rooms. At the end you are taken to "bar" where the bartender goes over several kinds of rum and various drinks. You never get to see the distillary or anything else.

Outside the building is another bar -- here you get a tiny sample of rum -- or one watered down drink with a hint of rum in it.

My DH went to college (Babson in Wellesley, MA) with one of the owners of Bacardi in Puerto Rico...disappointed they treat everyone this way.

Kevin......

You've made a VERY fun thread again. :)

Great reading.

Happy you and the ladies had such a wonderful cruise.

I thought of you when we saw Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades. You got the good terminal....... You were on the big boat. :D We had Terminal 21 which may be about the worst. IMO

Thanks for the smiles.

Bonus number two: Hertz is allowing me to leave the car here, saving me the trouble of having to drive it back to the airport. There isn’t even a Hertz desk here, they’ll just pick it up. Wow!

[/font]

Wow, that's awesome service! Thanks for the tip! We usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street, sounds like we're real close to each other as we just walk back to Total Wine from the hotel.

Monday Morning (at sea)

Once on the ship, we checked out our rooms, firmed up our dinner reservations, dripped our wine off for dinner, and met in the Family Cabana to agree on a plan of attack for the rest of the day. After 5-minutes in cabana, my Aunt proclaimed, “I haven’t been this relaxed in 25 years…” I think that by Wednesday I’ll have to scrape her off the floor, like a big glob a jello… (I am thrilled she is having such a great time – and it’s only been 24-hours!

We had the Portofino Cabana on that level for our Thanksgiving week cruise. That is definitely our favorite area of the ship!

Strolled a bit, popping in to see if the movie was crowded (Ice Age: Continental Drift). It wasn’t. Then we went to see the show – Cantare. The voices we wonderful, but the choreography was distractingly amateurish, making it less than enjoyable. Close your eyes, and you will LOVE it!

I was able to make DW laugh for the remainder of the cruise by striking a couple of "Cantare Poses" at random. Legs spread, arms out, look over your shoulder and HOLD!

Walk a few steps forward, stop forcefully, look left and HOLD!

It's fun! :)

The internet sucks on the NA. Maybe that's the problem. I hope everything is ok.

For my reports from the NA I actually found the outdoor sofa in the back of the Cabana Club one of the most reliable spots for WiFi outside of the Exploration Cafe / Internet club. Probably because the Internet club is directly behind the Cabana Club.

Otherwise, I would literally stand outside my cabin underneath a repeater to file my NA reports! :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the dinners in the MDR. That was our biggest disappointment a few weeks ago, but food is such a subjective thing. We found the Lido much better in terms of the quality of the food.

I see you found the Silk Den which was our favorite bar in the entire ship, they made the best versions of each of the drinks there too.

If you're up for it, we found Tamarind to easily be THE best food on the entire ship.

Enjoy!

I'm glad you're enjoying the dinners in the MDR. That was our biggest disappointment a few weeks ago, but food is such a subjective thing. We found the Lido much better in terms of the quality of the food.

I see you found the Silk Den which was our favorite bar in the entire ship, they made the best versions of each of the drinks there too.

If you're up for it, we found Tamarind to easily be THE best food on the entire ship.

Enjoy!

This is Kevin and Nancy's third time in a little over a year on the NA, and they've sailed Eurodam as well, so my guess is they've tried Tamarind...if not this cruise, on previous ones! We, from home, always look forward to his very funny "live from's"!

Kevin - when you come back to your thread - I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying it:) A bit behind as we were cruising too - I wish I had your talents;)

Well done indeed and a joy to read:)

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the Western Caribbean less than a month ago and I found it quite good.

The company that provides the Internet service has been working to improve speeds over the last several months.

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the Western Caribbean less than a month ago and I found it quite good.

How slow is your service at home:D. I've found the internet on most ships to be pretty respectable. I've been on the NA twice this year and it's been terrible and that's making it sound better then it was. Don't know why you got so lucky.

I hope everything is OK with Kevin, Nancy, and the Turtles...he hasn't reported in since Tuesday....which is unlike him on his "live from" threads....

I hope everything is ok as well. Between internet performance and cruise critic recent problems, posting may be quite difficult.

Roy

Archived