All inclusive drink package-voyager?

We bought a drink package for $55 per day on the Legend of the seas in Jan, can anyone tell me if we will be able to buy the same in March on the voyager?

Was good to know how much hubby.s booze bill is first up lol :o

I "think" the answer to your question is NO:confused: -- but surely $55 per day would buy you a good time on the open market anyway??

I have always found that wine is the most expensive/least value for money drink on any cruiseship we have been on . Why?, I don't know. Maybe because of the good value wine we can buy for consumption at home in Oz ?? I have developed the understanding that beer and cocktails are reasonable value on VOS - the cocktails verging on "good value" . I am a bit suspicious about the cocktails because on other ships that I have been on I have doubted the amount of spirits that have been used . I DO like a G&T -- but I sometimes wonder how much G has been put in the glass :mad:

Barry

• 1 month later...

I received a newsletter today stating that the All Inclusive Drinks Package will now be available in Australia..Not sure if its been mentioned before, but it is news to me.

However it won't be of interest to me , as both passengers in the cabin have to buy it , and while I enjoy a drink , would never drink that much every single day of the cruise.:eek:

Royal Caribbean International is furthering its commitment to total guest satisfaction by expanding its existing onboard beverage program to include two new packages that will streamline and enhance the onboard guest experience.

Guests interested in an alcohol-inclusive beverage package have a choice of the Classic Beverage Package for $45 per guest, per day, or the Premium Beverage Package for $55 per guest, per day, both inclusive of a service charge. The Classic features beer, house wines by the glass, as well as all non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda and juices. The all-inclusive Premium package features the afore-mentioned, as well as frozen drinks and all cocktails including premium brands.

Beverage packages are available for purchase on all seven-night or longer sailings and must be purchased on the first day. Guests choosing either package also must purchase the package for guests 21 years old or older sailing in the same stateroom. Packages are currently available on 13 ships and will be available on the remaining ships with seven-night or longer itineraries by early 2013.

By combining one of the new beverage packages or an existing package, such as the unlimited soda fountain package with a specialty dining package, guests will find all they have left to do is sit back and enjoy their vacation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

Available on Radiance of the Seas from the 21st January 2013

Available on Rhapsody of the Seas from the 23rd January 2013

Available on Voyager of the Seas from the 27th January 2013

Guests choosing either package also must purchase the package for guests 21 years old or older sailing in the same stateroom

going by that if there's two people in a cabin its going to cost between $90 & $110 per day.....lot of booze to drink to get your moneys worth

Yes if we had to buy it for both of us in the cabin on our Voyager cruise that would $1,540. I think I would be comatose most of the cruise if I drank that much, especially having to drink hubbies share too :D

Buying for everyone in the cabin is a joke, surely they can see if you are abusing it when you are at the pool, in the lounge, at dinner....

I noticed in the newsletter it mentions a specialty dining package. We are on VOTS in a couple of weeks and have booked the specialty restaurant for a couple of nights, does anyone know if VOTS has a dining package? I am guessing maybe Radiance /Rhapsody as they have more restaurants?

Buying for everyone in the cabin is a joke, surely they can see if you are abusing it when you are at the pool, in the lounge, at dinner....

Agree entirely ...

My wife does not drink, so why should I be forced to pay for a package for her when it will not be utilised.

Surely RCI can see the stupidity in this :rolleyes::rolleyes: or are they too obsessed with catering for the heavy drinkers amongst us, and quite often it these very people who cause all the trouble onboard.

As a comparison , Oceania cruises , ie Marina, Nautica, Regatta , Riveria offer Inclusive Drink Packages. They market themselves as a Premium Cruise Line and their prices are...

HOUSE SELECT - $34.95

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Wine & Beer

This package includes beer and a selection of wines by the glass during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.*

PRESTIGE SELECT - $54.95

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Wine, Beer & Spirits

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service.*

We like to drink quite a bit on a cruise but the price would only be good if we enjoyed every drink to be premium top shelf! I only drink beer and G&T

Not as if there is even a "Convenience" factor in it as you only need hand over your card and in most cases bartenders/waiters remember you number anyway!

Short USA cruises it possibly works out fine but given our usual 11 night & up cruises its uneconomical "For Us" that is very economical for RCI though given most wont drink much on port days.

Den

I can see how my partner would get plenty of use out of these packages, but I also don't drink so it would be a complete waste of money for me to get one. Surely there must be some way to overcome this sort of obstacle...

I received a newsletter today stating that the All Inclusive Drinks Package will now be available in Australia..Not sure if its been mentioned before, but it is news to me.

Available on Voyager of the Seas from the 27th January 2013

Oh no! I'm on that cruise. :eek:

I reckon this is only going to encourage people to over indulge because they want to get their money's worth.

I know that when we bought the Soda Package we'd drink soft drink even if we didn't really feel like it just because we'd paid for it.

As a teetotaller, I don't begrudge anyone else having a drink or two but I don't want to spend my holiday with a ship full of drunks.:(

Is Royal Caribbean trying to turn my cruise into a booze cruise?

End of rant.:)

I reckon this is only going to encourage people to over indulge because they want to get their money's worth.

I know that when we bought the Soda Package we'd drink soft drink even if we didn't really feel like it just because we'd paid for it.

As a teetotaller, I don't begrudge anyone else having a drink or two but I don't want to spend my holiday with a ship full of drunks.:(

Dont worry im on your cruise & not a big drinker neither is hubby or the 4 friends we are traveling with :) so there will be some of us sober to enjoy all the ship & ports have to offer :D

Nice assumptions!

From what I can see, I am not even sure if it is worth it for my wife and I, and we like a beer or 3, or sometimes even more.

I'm willing to take the challenge :p

I drink lots of soda water and mock tails so on Princess I would buy the mock tail soda card and pay for drinks. I think a day would go like this:

Coffee (not covered ) with a soda water ,

Juice/mock tail with breakfast and a soda water

More soda water on way back from gym and maybe a mock tail

Glass of Wine with lunch and soda water

Champagne on way to dinner (now I need to know if a kir royale will be covered)

Wine with dinner and soda water

Possible post dinner drinks if we continue on after dinner or take soda back to the cabin.

That's gotta be around the money and I won 't have to sign receipts.

So how do they charge,by the day or by the night?

We book cruises by the "Night" But one smart T/A in The West advertises cruises by the "Day" so a 14 night cruise is 15 days,this makes the per day price cheaper than the per night charge because there is one extra day, Disembarkation day lol

So if it was charged by the "day" then embarkation day would be for 12 hours max (until midnight) and disembarkation day would be from midnight to 4am when the bars are all closed! Thats a total of 16 hours of consumable time between day one and last day for $110 pp:confused:

Den

"Enjoy the Moment Offer and book your cruise Pullmantur Cruises. Cruise the Mediterranean, Baltic and the North Sea to the best way to on board our cruise enjoying the All Inclusive. With the all inclusive pullmantur you can eat and drink all you want at no extra cost and without limit and with best quality. The best deals at the best prices with Pullmantur.See the new program of our cruises 2013!"

http://www.pullmantur.es/en/cruceros/ofertas/oferta-cruceros-pullmantur-todo-incluido.html

Pullmantur Cruises are owned by Royal Caribbean.

"Enjoy the Moment Offer and book your cruise Pullmantur Cruises. Cruise the Mediterranean, Baltic and the North Sea to the best way to on board our cruise enjoying the All Inclusive. With the all inclusive pullmantur you can eat and drink all you want at no extra cost and without limit and with best quality. The best deals at the best prices with Pullmantur.See the new program of our cruises 2013!"

http://www.pullmantur.es/en/cruceros/ofertas/oferta-cruceros-pullmantur-todo-incluido.html

Pullmantur Cruises are owned by Royal Caribbean.

Se podría aprender muy rápidamente cómo pedir sus bebidas en español

You would learn very quickly how to order your drinks in Spanish

Archived