Food/snack options on Mariner of the Seas?

AlanS17

Smoking was still port, away from the soft serve. Dog House is opposite the ice cream, so yes, you have to wade through the sea of smokers. :(

Thanks for the info. So the deck plan is wrong, as someone suspected above. The deck plan shows the Dog House on the starboard side.

You can do this???:eek::eek::eek:

Is this option available to all members? I'm fairly new to the board so please fill me in.:)

Oh, absolutely available!! Go up to the link for "User CP" (for User Control Panel), and click on it.

About half way down the left side on the next page you will find the link to "Edit Ignore List".

Just fill in the user name for the person you want to ignore, and complete according to instructions.

Every time that person posts, his post will be hidden from you. You have the option to read it if you want, but it doesn't take him off your ignore list.

Oh, absolutely available!! Go up to the link for "User CP" (for User Control Panel), and click on it.

About half way down the left side on the next page you will find the link to "Edit Ignore List".

Just fill in the user name for the person you want to ignore, and complete according to instructions.

Every time that person posts, his post will be hidden from you. You have the option to read it if you want, but it doesn't take him off your ignore list.

Also, the moderators should look into this poster, no names required as we all know who we are talking about.

I just did the Mariner TA. Best snacks, in my opinion, are at the Promenade Cafe. The ham/swiss/croissant sandwiches, fruit cups, mousse cups and cookies are wonderful. After 4 days in Rome, I found the pizza to be barely edible. And the free coffee was better than the extra-fee Starbucks. Also a great place for people watching.

Thanks Peggy! Doing it now!

Also, the moderators should look into this poster, no names required as we all know who we are talking about.

I completely disagree. I look forward to every one of his post. They are some of the most entertaining. Anyone who gets offended by a post on a message board should not be on a message board. I go back and forth on whether he believes what he says or he is just amusing himself. He is consistent and I hope he never stops posting.

Just to clarify: This poster means that the MDR will sometimes not be open for LUNCH on port days.

Generally speaking, Mariner's MDR is only open for lunch when at sea. When she is at Labadee, it is reversed: Windjammer is closed for lunch and MDR is open for lunch. (staff is off in droves serving lunch on Labadee)

When at sea, the MDR offers the "tutti salad bar" which is the best salad on the high seas. This is not your ordinary salad bar by far. I look forward to it on our cruises. It's one of my favorite RCI meals.

Thanks for the support mark.

You gotta love the new people who come on here and get so "offened" and start crying very easy. Then start name calling.

Maybe if they used the search button and read some reviews the same questions would not be asked over & over & over. But thats too much work.

As for my responses, I am not the touchy/feely, cruises gitty type.

No fairy's, magic dust, DW, DS or naughty rooms talk.

Sure it's nice to outline your trip, but I believe many people go way too overboard with planning and questions that don't need to be, and others give way too much info on response.

Do you really think the person won't find the soft serve ice cream machine on his own.? Does he really need the exact location of it?

Save some surprise for when you get onboard. Thats half the fun.

If you don't like my posts, put me on the "hide list" I don't care...

Mark290

Here is my reply to you.

Jerk~~!!!!

Perhaps you might want to review my previous post about the personal ignore list?

I find there are several posters on this board that like to be contrary, sarcastic, and rude, and then challenge other posters to "just don't read it if you don't like it". Funny, yes? How can you decide if someone is offensive until AFTER you read the post????

Anyway, the person in question has a different view of what courtesy is on message boards; you can see this if you review his other posts by clicking on his board name. After that you might decide you no longer wish to see his posts and put him on your ignore list.

Back to the topic of this thread: I will be on the Mariner this Sunday, and will post back her about what we find while "grazing"! :D

Archived