Celebrity Solstice..Brisbane Sail In 7 Dec 2012

I'm guessing that she's a different class ship to Millennium? She doesnt look as boxy as Millennium.

She is the first of the Solstice Class, super long, to wit 315 metres, so she does not look so 'boxy' as the Celebrity Millenium. I love the raked stern on Celebrity Solstice.

A lot of balcony cabins too, I believe 85% of the cabins have balconys or verandahs as they are called. Probably why all those free upgrades, book an inside, get upgraded to a verandah, as our deal was, actually in our case Concierge Class Verandah.

Yes she is a fine looking vessel.

Millenium may be "butt ugly" as they say, but I still love that class of ship. Not too big to be over-run and not too small to not offer a range of eateries etc.

I am really excited about trying Solstice and seeing what she provides.

I agree with you, Millenium is my size of ship, 90,000 tones, 2100 pax. She is around the same length: 964 feet and beam: 121 feet as the Princess Grand Class ships, but they carry upwards of 2600 pax. So the Millenium should be reasonably spacious. I have a couple of friends currently doing Sydney - Singapore - Hong Kong on her, will be interesting to hear their views.

I too am looking forward to Solstice, Ruby Princess and Crown Princess are the biggest ones I have been on so far, so Solstice is up from those two. Nice to try another Line too.

Millenium may be "butt ugly" as they say, but I still love that class of ship. Not too big to be over-run and not too small to not offer a range of eateries etc.

I am really excited about trying Solstice and seeing what she provides.

I think Millenium is a nice looking ship as are all the Celebrity ships with their distinctive colours.

The Diamond Princess has the worst 'rear' and definitely 'butt ugly'....lol.

Jilly:)

I think Millenium is a nice looking ship as are all the Celebrity ships with their distinctive colours.

The Diamond Princess has the worst 'rear' and definitely 'butt ugly'....lol.

Jilly:)

I agree Jilly, Millenium is still a nice looking ship, as is the Celebrity blue livery. But the Golden Princess is also a little ugly, with the 'pram handle' (SkyWalkers.) But I will still force myself to sail on her in March 2014, around South America.

The Millennium looked better under its old paint job

celebrity_summit_330x168.jpg

I like the Grand class night clubs elevated like they were on the original 3 ships. Grand Princess lost its in the recent refit due to its materials and causing instability of the ship. Lucky the other ships that were constructed after had their nightclubs built of a lighter metal. Then the nightclubs were moved to the rear of the funnel.

The solstice could have been painted like that above had Celebrity kept that as their colours.

Brisbane put on a great day with very mild temperatures for us. A few showers in the morning but didn't spoil our day.

So to you Brisbaners..... What's the go with the bus that does the free city bus??? We got on it and there was no commentary at all!! All over Red Rover in 20 minutes and was a disappointment. I think they should lift their game there and take a look at how Melbourne does the free bus and tram.

Archived