MUS Day And Night

Aussie One

MUS In my opinion is not warrented during the day night time is ok

do all Princess ships have this shocking noise all day ?? if so they have lost me. Aussie

Most do. I don't know about the smaller ships. A few people actually like the noise during the day. Not me. I rarely see more than just a handful watching in daytime with many, like myself, going elsewhere on the ship because it's so loud and disruptive.

What really irked me was that you could even hear it in the Sanctuary. I guess Princess doesn't know what the word "sanctuary" really means. The noise from the MUTS is why I usually prefer to cruise HAL where I really appreciate the peaceful time by the pools. I am giving Princess another chance next month, but if the beds are still uncomfortable and the decks as noisy as they were on the Grand three years ago, I will stick to HAL. It's too bad because I really enjoy the Princess passengers more than on HAL.

On the Diamond recently the MUTS noise during the day was very loud but at night when the film was on you could not hear as they muted the sound somewhat Why can't they do the opposite as we want to talk and read and sleep around the pool during the day but the film at night should be hearable (is there such a word?)

Exactly a year ago, Tina Turner was on MUTS (in the day) during a Panama Canal Cruise. Fortunately we were on Island Princess and could not hear it in the Sanctuary. We just aren't Tina Turner fans.

You'll never please everyone with any entertainment. Personally, the entertainment I truly miss is the live steel drum caribbean music by the pool. I always bought a CD if the band sold them. I would love to see that again.

I will say during "bowl' football season, we have enjoyed seeing the game on MUTS.

Exactly a year ago, Tina Turner was on MUTS (in the day) during a Panama Canal Cruise. Fortunately we were on Island Princess and could not hear it in the Sanctuary. We just aren't Tina Turner fans.

You'll never please everyone with any entertainment. Personally, the entertainment I truly miss is the live steel drum caribbean music by the pool. I always bought a CD if the band sold them. I would love to see that again.

I will say during "bowl' football season, we have enjoyed seeing the game on MUTS.

One of my most vivid memories of my Coral Canal cruise is floating in the nearly-deserted pool watching Aaron Rodgers, er, I mean the Green Bay Packers, beat Arizona.

I like football on MUTS: unlike movies or concerts, it's easier to tune out the noise of a game broadcast if I'm trying to read or snooze in the sun. It's much more distracting to hear bursts of movie dialogue/sound effects/incidental music, and it's really annoying to be forced to listen to an entire concert of music from a singer one may or may not enjoy.

One of my most vivid memories of my Coral Canal cruise is floating in the nearly-deserted pool watching Aaron Rodgers, er, I mean the Green Bay Packers, beat Arizona.

I like football on MUTS: unlike movies or concerts, it's easier to tune out the noise of a game broadcast if I'm trying to read or snooze in the sun. It's much more distracting to hear bursts of movie dialogue/sound effects/incidental music, and it's really annoying to be forced to listen to an entire concert of music from a singer one may or may not enjoy.

As others have said, you can't please everyone. The fact that they show football on MUTS is one reason that I would avoid sailing during football season. I would find it incredibly annoying to have sports on MUTS all day.

Luckily, so far I have only sailed to Alaska mid-summer and have never had to endure a single sporting event on MUTS. :D

These ships are so enormous that I can't imagine it's impossible to find a quiet spot somewhere on deck. I happen to like MUTS at all times of the day. There are times when the movie or sporting event is not to my liking, though. It's at these times when I'm reminded of the fact that the ship is 100,000+ tons, and there are other places to go.

Archived