Mini Suite sailaway champagne

sewut

We are sailing next month on the Crown in a mini suite. There is a free glass of champagne at sailaway. How is that delivered? We are planning to be at a Meet and Greet during sailaway. Does the room steward bring it in a glass or a mini bottle or what?

We are sailing next month on the Crown in a mini suite. There is a free glass of champagne at sailaway. How is that delivered? We are planning to be at a Meet and Greet during sailaway. Does the room steward bring it in a glass or a mini bottle or what?

It is in individual glasses and not drinkable. If you are not in your cabin he will leave it there usually with a napkin over each glass. Cheers!

It is in individual glasses and not drinkable. If you are not in your cabin he will leave it there usually with a napkin over each glass. Cheers!

True ... we never drink ours. Wonder if any actully like it or just maybe drink it because it's there???? :confused:

LuLu

~~~~

I just got off the Sapphire and didn't get offered any champagne or whatever in my mini-suite. I would have turned it down anyway, but wasn't given the option.

Consider that a favor.

We've always gotten ours and I do the toast and a sip, pretty bad. Then you have dirty glasses in your cabin until that evening. I wouldn't miss it at all if it didn't come.

Perhaps Princess will read this thread and do away with the sparkly? ;)

Of course, then you see people guzzling the stuff at the champagne fountain thing.

We didn't receive ours the only time we sprung for a mini-suite. Would have like to receive it: more the principal of the thing than for the beverage!

My first champagne waterfall back in the 80s had the real French stuff being poured into the stack of glasses! Not too many people attended as seas were rather rough. This was before the big atriums in ships too. I got to pour the entire bottle into the top glass all by myself--no one else was holding the bottle. I remember looking at the labels and saying to others around me that they were using champagne and not just some bubbly stuff! They were also pouring real champagne for those in attendance to drink too :p

Ahhh, the good ol' days :rolleyes:

It isn't worth getting excited about it. It is pretty bad, it must be the cheapest sparkling wine that they can find. In October, I did manage to drink most of mine but my DH left his. We have had it a number of times and I think that it the taste has gone downhill over the years.

Jennie

Archived