On the Reflection 12/8 - 12/15

Poppet1964

In summary, our cruise overall was great! Very relaxing, weather was generally good, ship was beautiful and crew was accommodating and friendly.

Food was generally tasty and well presented. Servers were always accommodating regarding special requests. Qsine was entertaining and VERY filling, food itself was hit and miss in my opinion, but very unusual. In Tuscan Grill we had an awesome server. Food was good and he really added to the experience. Honestly, Murano was the least memorable of the specialty restaurants we tried. Food wasn’t bad, just wasn’t memorable.

Upon embarkation we headed to Bistro on Five. There was a 20 minute wait, but it was worth it for a nice, quiet, calm lunch before heading to our cabin.

We had Select Dining in the MDR. Walking up without reservations required either flexibility in table size or a fairly significant wait (20-30 minutes). With reservations there was no wait. We learned to make reservations quickly. The food was tasty and well-prepared.

We used the buffet for late night snacks or to pick up sodas and juices for the room. We didn’t have an entire meal there at any time. Nice to have available.

We used room service fairly extensively. I had breakfast delivered each morning to enjoy on our balcony. Also had lunch delivered a few times. They were extremely flexible and delivered whatever I requested within reason, regardless of whether it was on the room service menu or not. I wasn’t asking for crazy things, but the point is, they accommodated items that weren’t on the menu, such as waffles for breakfast and French fries for a snack.

Asked for cheese plate rather than canapés for Concierge afternoon snack.

The ship was decorated beautifully for Christmas!

Cabin was very nice, very clean (except we did find a pair of shoes left over from the last occupant under the bed!). Our attendant, Paulino and his assistant Luis worked very hard and we had everything we needed except for the first day, which was a tad bit shaky, but nothing worth mentioning.

Didn’t have any problems getting lounge chairs by the pool, but we did go out fairly early each day. We had front row seats for the daily Zumba class, which was entertaining in itself.

The delay in arrival in port did cause issues for us. We had booked private excursions for each port. San Juan we only made because we did dock before 5. St. Marten, our excursion left without us, we had to scramble and find another one and didn’t end up on the beach we planned. St. Kitts, no problem.

Friar’s beach, very nice! Orient beach, o.k., but too many people trying to peddle items and services while I was trying to nap in the sun!

We met only friendly, outgoing people. Didn’t see any rudeness at all and while there was quite a bit of dressing up, there didn’t appear to be any ‘looking down’ on those of us that chose not to at all times or to the same degree.

Please feel free to ask questions! I’d be happy to answer if I can.

1173565094_treeweb.jpg.6715cbc8f70e7415d852fe62b92c96f6.jpg

Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed your cruise (be sure to post a cabin report on the S class sticky).

A couple of questions - how did you enjoy the entertainment onboard?

Was there any indication that the delayed arrival was going to continue throughout the Caribbean season? I'm starting to get concerned about our private tour for St. Martin.

If you go to the naked area at Orient Beach, there are no sellers as they are not allowed to come in that area. :) And being able to swim without a bathing suit is also a big plus!

Plus, you can't carry a wallet with money or credit cards!!;)

Archived