Celebrity Equinox Dec 10th 2012 review and Videos

fishycomics

CLick the first picture , its a video

Cruise critics, been here done that before, 20 minutes after I hit post, no more editing allowed....

My review, cruise perfect, excellent food, excellent excursions. no complaints.

Yes I do have a few. one dish was doused with salt the sea bass.

Roatan venus canal tour Do not go, Please avoid this tour due to a small boat not made for elderly people(see pic), was a disappointment to drive over an hour to go on a 15 minute ride, and skip a overlook and side stop of shopping at a local village on the road?

the Peurto Lemon Costa rica Plantation, train and boat ride was better but the train ride was not as great, nor the river boat, the boat ride was short as well, and should have gone further up the river to the over head tram?

I enjoyed our trip, and enjoyed the Mayan Lamanai river ceremonial site tour , and Panama canal tour, two of the bests of this trip.

Not many kids, and a lot of older people and many world travelers, the ship was not as over crowded,

Many people ask on this site can I bring an Iron? NO taken away collect when back. (see pic, bad one )

Can I smoke, onboard? Deck 14 at the Lounge opposite of the food?

There you go short and simple.

Video is here for you to Commet rate sub thanks:)

Click the Picture, it's a video

mqdefault.jpg

zukxl2.jpg

s6n3ia.jpg

Cruise critics, been here done that before, 20 minutes after I hit post, no more editing allowed....

Roatan venus canal tour Do not go, Please avoid this tour due to a small boat not made for elderly people(see pic), was a disappointment to drive over an hour to go on a 15 minute ride, and skip a overlook and side stop of shopping at a local village on the road?

the Peurto Lemon Costa rica Plantation, train and boat ride was better but the train ride was not as great, nor the river boat, the boat ride was short as well, and should have gone further up the river to the over head tram?

I enjoyed our trip, and enjoyed the Mayan Lamanai river ceremonial site tour , and Panama canal tour, two of the bests of this trip.

Not many kids, and a lot of older people and many world travelers, the ship was not as over crowded,

Many people ask on this site can I bring an Iron? NO taken away collect when back. (see pic, bad one )

mqdefault.jpg

zukxl2.jpg

s6n3ia.jpg

Thanks, we got off right before you got on. Are you sure about deck 14 at the back? There was no smoking there on our cruise, but there was on 15.

We got back from this cruise yesterday. Had a wonderful time, even though we didn't do much at all. Spent almost all our time by the solarium pool.

No real problems, just minor annoyances, like no handsoap, on two different days, in the ladies room near Michael's Club.

Ate at Bistro on 5 on embarkation day - what a waste of $5! As it was late, DH & I didn't want to eat too much, so we each ordered the "chef's salad". I've seen better salads at fast food places! 1/4 cup of a few different ingredients, including chopped egg whites ONLY, on a limp plate of iceburg lettuce. The service wasn't very good, either.:mad:

Had a scare as our luggage wasn't delivered until after 8pm, but all turned out fine.

Our AQ cabin, 1639, was in a great location, and our attendant, Hubert was very good.

Blu was good to very good, with great service by our waiter, Sorin, and his assistant, Marita.

Smoking is allowed on the port side of deck 12, the pool deck. DH, who is a cigar smoker, had to go to deck 15, port side, at the Sunset Bar. This is also where pipe smokers must go.

Disembarkation was somewhat chaotic, as there were a lot of non-US citizens, some of whom got into the wrong customs/immigration lines, and slowed everyone down. Took us an hour from the time we left the ship until we got through Customs.

The 4 hour drive home to just-north-of Orlando was a bit hair-raising at times. Some folks think 55MPH is just fine in the left lane of the Florida Turnpike, so there's nothing quite like stomping on your brakes at 80MPH to get your blood flowing.:D

The ride down was no picinic either, as I got lost in all the construction around the FL turnpike & 595 interchange. Wound up in Dania, about 7 miles south of the Port.:o Oh, well, hopefully it will all be fixed when we go out again in April 2014.:rolleyes:

I forgot to add that I was surprised there were only 2 formal nights on this 11-night cruise: the first full day, an at-sea day, and then the day in Cozumel.

Didn't see a lot of tuxedos in Blu, and no long gowns. Surprisingly, formal didn't seem very formal among the women.

And we won't even talk about "smart" casual!:rolleyes:

I forgot to add that I was surprised there were only 2 formal nights on this 11-night cruise: the first full day, an at-sea day, and then the day in Cozumel.

Didn't see a lot of tuxedos in Blu, and no long gowns. Surprisingly, formal didn't seem very formal among the women.

And we won't even talk about "smart" casual!:rolleyes:

There is no more formal in Blu.

Thanks guys.

I worked on this clip to show ya a concierge state room.

Yes Deck 14 is the Pool one side you can light up, maybe I meant to say deck 15 , opposite of the grill. Like said I cannot after 20 minutes. lol.

I try my best to not judge people like a book cover, I like to at least read the back, some and then if not interested I move on, being polite.

a lot of world wide travers.

mqdefault.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X2MNTly1x4

mqdefault.jpg?v=50d4ee7e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjQU_STPVE

I do my best not to be rude to others, people in their own world, one thing in mind FOOD, learn to walk, go slow, and not rush. see someone shooting a clip. let them get the shot, JK I enjoyed the food, but know my limit. the Lox is my favorite. I had 2 pounds a day and came off the ship. as I went on same weight.

Enjoy these clips and again show your comment as well on the yt. Lol.

1 Owen Stevens. same songs, clean shaven, now has a beard, will pull up a shot or two?

2 Show Circus De Sole repeat proformance, one of the girls fell day two at the song of Queen. we will rock you.

3 two of the Entertainers were from the Eclipse. on the ship loved them.

4. what was not done was a desert day, unless I missed it

5. the fruit carving only one guy, not two.

6, ice carving only one sculture not two. and not shown later, unless I missed it.

I again cannot be all over the ship Lol, but enjoyed every moment. look for future video and stills to come

Here is a picture of is it Rockette pushing his kid on ya, in his upcoming show, nothing wrong, just one to many time if asked

2ce42kw.jpg

There is no more formal in Blu.

Really? I didn't know that, as "no more formal in Blu" certainly wasn't the case when we were on the Equinox in April of this year.

There was no mention of this in the daily newsletter.

Is this Celebrity's written policy, is just something that's "known"?

Dec 11th 2012

nzwol.jpg

A ton to do. Since we are on a forum and you think this site have this info for all to share, schedule will change but not by much.

We got up Sunrise, if today, not the next seen some rainbow's due to a shower in the Am, that could had been avoided, but like said I may be off a day? Yes showered day 3.

had a excellent breakfast.

Each day I had Bagels, Lox, cream cheese, sassauge links, and bacon, with a hot tea.

23vklso.jpg

After Breakfast, we relaxed on deck 12 pool side, away from the smoking side area, nd deck 14 opposite grill is smoking area.

relaxed listened to the soft music, watched the valley ball games, and we headed to the gym, back for some more rest, later to the room for our fantastic orderb's (SP) they were the best.

2mq54sh.jpg

For two.

and seen the glass show. We had seats in the back while it was filled, you think if all seats are taken you stand behind , and not in the asiles, just my thinking. I did not mind till a couple came in, and then her friends talking over the hosts. very rude in ways, we forget where we are, the first few minutes okay, but 5 minutes later time to say do you mind. sorry. again they conitunued to talk, enough do you mind I am here for the show, not you talking and blocking my view......

they moved to the back out of view and hearing. We can forget where we are but something we learned, called manners be polite to other's I like said at the 2nd post Ido my best not to judge people..

after the show. Got ready for formal dinner in a jacket tie and slacks, sneakers yep a black pair, have I seen others not dressed. Yes shirt no tie, etc....

Here is a shot, well empty table to my left, to my right Lol, nice and quiet we liked it? In the pic you see one person in a white shirt no tie but dressed

2crt72f.jpg

After dinner a walk listened to the sounds of some band or music, headed to the toast, seen the show, and tonight one of the actresses fell at the end. quickly off and back up she went. a excellent show

As always Enjoy the video. as you should rate, comment and sub if like. so many views but yet a comment on yt LMAO. that is life.

video click pic or link

mqdefault.jpg

Once again webhost and Laura you need to allow us all to edit our posts 20 minutes later locked, what a site...

On to day three Dec 12th 3rd day at sea.

walked to the back of Deck 5 to Blu people are dressed up, formal they were. Last year we went to formal, and people walked in with jeans and a tea shirt, that is being disrespectful to the captain, well, it also goes the other way round.

On both Formal nights 6pm captain never sat at the table, he ate up on deck 14 café, His staff was on hand. We all would have lovd to at least see him walk through and make an appearance, but some one had t osteer the ship.

I feel presenting myself in a good manner helps others think about the way they may change their ways.

seen tux's. and dresses. like said depending on the time and place you were at. 3000 and I bumped into how many Lol

Thanks for the post. Can you tell me who was the main staff like captain, CD, hotel Director, ex cheif

In the video, I am sure I have the capt'ns name, as well cruise directors name.

Capt',n Micheal Karatzas

Director Ben

As the staff went along it was just first names. for now that is all I remember.

Thanks also for viewing the video guys and gals. more to come?

Click link or picture for video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWRu8s4CE0&feature=youtu.be

mqdefault.jpg

Dec 12,2012 awoke to a passing shower, Capt'n rain ahead turn turn, nah went right through to the Sunny side. Ate breakfast, sat down to a noisy crowd, and All I wanted was some peace and quiet. Not to hear 5 tables over, conversation.

Had my usual 2 pounds of Lox and tea. headed out to the pool side reserved with a book and towel my seats, 30 minutes you lose your seat, well thre are to many seats around but does not matter where you sit, as long as you enjoy the sun any seat is good, shade was what I cared for.

valleyball started, watched a minute of it. Owen played I got up and got some shots, the metal can band enjoyable tunes played, I cannot remember each name sorry. and went in for a drink, came back to call it a day, walked around. headed for Dinner. and did not care for the recommended dish. Pork chop. so I had a left sided chcken breast. I left it all over, and later that night went to the show, could not stand hearing the same same repeated people and songs again and again. walked out, and headed for The café, Had Pizza.

turned one of the 15 free on demand shows, to find another 10 plus later that week.

And called it an evening. had Port Cartagena for tomorrow. a tour around the whole city. going up a hill, to a church (whatever it was called) to a show, then a city walking tour, and to the ship.

So time for some tea, and desert. and off we go.

Sorry I am positive this was dec 12th's show my camera felt like losing the shots to a different folder and all. Not many snaps or video of a relaxing day he he he .

2jfwz6v.jpg

Really? I didn't know that, as "no more formal in Blu" certainly wasn't the case when we were on the Equinox in April of this year.

There was no mention of this in the daily newsletter.

Is this Celebrity's written policy, is just something that's "known"?

Blu is "smart casual" every night...and yes, it's on Celebrity's web site.....the only place formal is needed is the MDR. That doesn't mean you can't wear formal on formal nights...and some do, but it's not required, nor is any jacket required for men.

Blu is "smart casual" every night...and yes, it's on Celebrity's web site.....the only place formal is needed is the MDR. That doesn't mean you can't wear formal on formal nights...and some do, but it's not required, nor is any jacket required for men.

Thanks! This will help us for future cruise!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

I loved your video montage! I am taking a mini video camera with us on our April cruise on Reflection. How did you do the shots where the camera is in front of you while you are walking? I like that. As the designated photographer and videographer in our family, I am NEVER in the shots! :)

I was also on the Celebrity on the Transatlantic crossing. It was my first time on Celebrity although I am a loyal and long time RCCL cruiser. I was told that Celebrity was one step up from RCCL however I found just the opposite. The food was not nearly as good as the new menu that RCCL just initiated a few months ago and could not hold a candle to HAL for food which I think is the best on the high seas. Secondly, it was a beautiful ship, but so un-ship like for someone like me who has traveled for over 20 years. A lot of snooty people as well who think because they have made 6 cruises and are considered "Elite" that they automatically are! I'll take Royal Caribbean any day over Celebrity. The room service was excellent however the dining room service was seriously lacking.:confused:

I was also on the Celebrity on the Transatlantic crossing. It was my first time on Celebrity although I am a loyal and long time RCCL cruiser. I was told that Celebrity was one step up from RCCL however I found just the opposite. The food was not nearly as good as the new menu that RCCL just initiated a few months ago and could not hold a candle to HAL for food which I think is the best on the high seas. Secondly, it was a beautiful ship, but so un-ship like for someone like me who has traveled for over 20 years. A lot of snooty people as well who think because they have made 6 cruises and are considered "Elite" that they automatically are! I'll take Royal Caribbean any day over Celebrity. The room service was excellent however the dining room service was seriously lacking.:confused:
We were on the 12/10 Equinox.Many things are different about a TA.The food on our cruise was excellant in all venues and the service some of the best in the DR.We have been on a lot of cruises and our waiter and assistant waiter were top notch.The entire crew friendly and helpful.

The ship is beautiful with many places to sit and read and enjoy a sea view.

You do not achieve Elite status with 6 cruises, 10 minimum unless you transfer RCI Diamond.We earned ours with the number of cruises.

Different strokes for different folks.We will stay with our wonderful Celebrity.;):D

Sorry you had such a bad time:(....Elite is not 6 cruise credits though,

so whoever was giving you that information is wrong.:eek:.....that is

just an FYI......

Sorry your food and service were poor as well:(....sounds like

you had a terrible time. Did you speak with anyone to help resolve

your issues?

As for the vessel and being "Un" ship like? I guess that comes down

to individual tastes......what some folks love, others hate and vice versa.

The snooty people? I would guess there is a % of them on every cruise,

every line, every ship. Sorry you encountered them.

I have met so many wonderful people over my years of cruising on

Celebrity and they are now life long friends, outside of cruising:)

I loved your video montage! I am taking a mini video camera with us on our April cruise on Reflection. How did you do the shots where the camera is in front of you while you are walking? I like that. As the designated photographer and videographer in our family, I am NEVER in the shots! :)

I own a Sony Hx20V, earlier version to HX9V.

Giving a shout out to Xshot, Xshot.com called a Xshot 2.0, or pocket shot. 1 is 36 inches I used on the trip, the pocket shot 4-6 inches shorter.

Now if I were walking and you seen me in the shot that is what I used.

I got looks, and I felt funny, but doing it many years you start to get used to it.

I also in the upcoming or other videos have a spy cam, goes into the hat, that I cut a slit. called the keycam 808 #16

the Xshot in picture sells for 30.00, if you decide that is for you contact xshot, say I sent ya :)

In the pic is the xshot 2.0, also is a spycam 40.00 off ebay.

thanks for the compliments and comment.

voy2v9.jpg

The Eclipse of Celebrity is a nicer ship, it's twin?

The friends of my member came off a RCCL and guess what, does not matter the ship, people were sick getting off, food aweful, lost bags, everything similar on any ship out there.

I agree. no fan of dishes doused with gravy, Shrimp cocktails should be COLD, warm. Strawberry soup, have lil particles of pellets like sluch puppy (lol)

you can complain like we did reasons Sea bass is not supposed to taste like SALT, and we ordered steaks, and soon after not the matradee, (SP) but his upper management came by. they make you feel so bad, that all can can say is not a word. hate attention like that. demerrits because the chef dumped salt, waiters were excellent.. so each ship if asked varies. why today more freestyle is available, and other paid resturauts .

The ship is beautiful with many places to sit and read and enjoy a sea view.

You do not achieve Elite status with 6 cruises, 10 minimum unless you transfer RCI Diamond.We earned ours with the number of cruises.

Different strokes for different folks.We will stay with our wonderful Celebrity.;):D

Actually it's easily done in 6, we'll be hitting the Elite level in 5 in Feb. But by no means do I feel elitist.

Sorry you had such a bad time:(....Elite is not 6 cruise credits though,

so whoever was giving you that information is wrong.:eek:.....that is

just an FYI......

You're right, it's ten credits, but they can be obtained in as few as 4 cruises.

Archived