Our Fantastical Journey: Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/December 8th, 2012 sailing

All4fun&fun4all

I just wanted to take a moment to let our cruise family here at cruise critic know that The Andrew passed away on March 16th. It's only been a week and I am already just lost without him.

Speechless... and so sorry. Nancy, you and your family will be in my prayers.

I just wanted to take a moment to let our cruise family here at cruise critic know that The Andrew passed away on March 16th. It's only been a week and I am already just lost without him.

Nancy I'm so sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my prayers during this difficult time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh, Nancy, I am so sorry to hear this. I read so many of your reviews last fall as I prepared for our Fantasy cruise that I do feel like I know you, too. You enjoyed each other's company so much, I know this is such a loss. Know that your cruse critic friends are thinking of you and wishing you peace.

Nancy...so sorry to hear of The Andrew's passing. I am praying for you and your family.

So sorry to hear this. All of us crazy cruise people support each other when were talking about how much fun were going to have on our cruises, so nice to see it goes both ways. We are here for you during the hard times too. I hope we will still see you here someday when you are ready to come back. ~hugs~

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Nancy, I have not commented on any of your posts, but I started reading one of your reviews... then the next... then the next. Then your YouTube Videos. As I was reading this review, I get to this page. My heart sunk. I actually said, "Nooo!"

I couldn't believe it! I was following you and the Andrew's vacations and neglecting the final planning of my own.

Needless to say I'm a fan... and I feel so bad.

How wonderful that you have this logged journey of him and with him. It looks like you both lived to the fullest and that's what counts. I wish you a happy heart soon...

Nancy, I have not commented on any of your posts, but I started reading one of your reviews... then the next... then the next. Then your YouTube Videos. As I was reading this review, I get to this page. My heart sunk. I actually said, "Nooo!"

I couldn't believe it! I was following you and the Andrew's vacations and neglecting the final planning of my own.

Needless to say I'm a fan... and I feel so bad.

How wonderful that you have this logged journey of him and with him. It looks like you both lived to the fullest and that's what counts. I wish you a happy heart soon...

Thank you for this. That man LOVED to cruise and he lived everyday like it was his last. I don't know what I will do without him but I wont stop cruising and perhaps the ceremony at sea that I will do in May (now with my son) will bring some peace to our broken family.

OH, AND HUGE THANK YOUS TO ALL OF YOU SENDING YOUR WELL WISHES. IT BRINGS ME SOME COMFORT.

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
thank you

What a great review...late to the party on this one but it was wonderful...I loved your unwedding ceremony and how you made so many friends to make it even more special and that your food was so good..and you enjoyed ports so much and your cabin..and congrats on the smoking. I love how you appreciate all the little special things and "new to discover" things and Fantasy class..the service and food is better methinks on smaller ships often. So glad you had a good cruise and what a cheer up to have while "on duty" but able to read time cheering up cruise dreaming...thanks sooo much for your reviews....you both looked lovely in all dress up shots and cute beachy in those shots and who would have thought it!!! Clean clothes and cash at the end..WOW..LOL....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I am feeling terribly...I could not sleep when I got off work and could shut down and came to read all your final comments...i made my comment when done with bulk of review..and just read your announcement. Feel free to talk here..it is a very big hard thing..just lost my mom a year and a half ago..i just have to mention it..he loved and you loved each other deeply and were so well suited..my heart and prayers go out to you and you will always have him in a different way..they really don't leave us...they just go to heaven which is another dimension in my humble opinion...closer than we think. I had worked on the hard things with my mom...especially in last few before she died..but all along as best as possible...as sad as it is...now with some time..I just feel and know her support in my head, heart, and day are stronger. May you feel and know his love and support differently but just as strong.... and feel our kind care concern and prayers..and anything we say that does not fit just toss out and take in stride and as well meaning as we so well do USUALLY>>LOL. You Nancy, ( you have my fav sister's name) will be in my prayers deeply..and God or Light or Great Spirit and your friends..let them in..let them help..I will be praying...Anyone could tell how special he was/is and you were just matched together. Talk here anytime you want...much love, be very gentle and loving toward yourself...In empathy and sorrow for your loss..when in a deep one..yeah it is not the same for all but those with heart..sure can get it..those who are just a tad further down a similar road and can be with you the way you need..call on them..i have been alone too much..try not to do that seek friends...coffee.,,,simple dinners etc..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

I am feeling terribly...I could not sleep when I got off work and could shut down and came to read all your final comments...i made my comment when done with bulk of review..and just read your announcement. Feel free to talk here..it is a very big hard thing..just lost my mom a year and a half ago..i just have to mention it..he loved and you loved each other deeply and were so well suited..my heart and prayers go out to you and you will always have him in a different way..they really don't leave us...they just go to heaven which is another dimension in my humble opinion...closer than we think. I had worked on the hard things with my mom...especially in last few before she died..but all along as best as possible...as sad as it is...now with some time..I just feel and know her support in my head, heart, and day are stronger. May you feel and know his love and support differently but just as strong.... and feel our kind care concern and prayers..and anything we say that does not fit just toss out and take in stride and as well meaning as we so well do USUALLY>>LOL. You Nancy, ( you have my fav sister's name) will be in my prayers deeply..and God or Light or Great Spirit and your friends..let them in..let them help..I will be praying...Anyone could tell how special he was/is and you were just matched together. Talk here anytime you want...much love, be very gentle and loving toward yourself...In empathy and sorrow for your loss..when in a deep one..yeah it is not the same for all but those with heart..sure can get it..those who are just a tad further down a similar road and can be with you the way you need..call on them..i have been alone too much..try not to do that seek friends...coffee.,,,simple dinners etc..Sarah

Thank you Sarah. Your posts are always so lovely and heartfelt. I do remember when your mom passed and how heartbroken you were. My heart went out to you then.

I have never experienced such pain as this. I will never ever find another Andrew. He was THE Andrew for a reason. I am hoping that cruising with my son in May will help. I am thankful to Carnival for allowing the name change so I didn't have to have my cabin by myself.

Thank you Sarah. Your posts are always so lovely and heartfelt. I do remember when your mom passed and how heartbroken you were. My heart went out to you then.

I have never experienced such pain as this. I will never ever find another Andrew. He was THE Andrew for a reason. I am hoping that cruising with my son in May will help. I am thankful to Carnival for allowing the name change so I didn't have to have my cabin by myself.

Your words are so soothing..i felt just terrible I put that comment before reading the last of the thread..thanks for your kindness..understanding...it is much better now but going to take on another sad chunck seeing where they wintered last 18 years and never got to with mom.

Yes..keep talking to people who know..it is a pain that is undescribable but it truly gets better..never over but better and i know he was THE Andrew..i am so glad you had your Un-wedding and folks find/found you infectious and you wore that lavendar dress...and kindred spirits helped you celebrate and you went into water together..nobody can take that away.

Do you have a pet? I don't but mom and dad got a new in house dog instead of out side like all their pets and horses, cattle when ranching etc. have been. This jack russell loved mom..they had a great last 2 years with her..a pet you share or a new one may help..I luck out with Patty and she just knows and gives soo much love and help and she saves dad..looking forward to seeing her and my niece and dad this week..neice is in /senior year there and it has snowed all March here..and is 75ish there..PERFECT. Dad said having to take care of patty saved him.

Yes..going to see my dad today for a week where I have never been..they have a little trailer in Arizona..rather than cruising much..they got 2 nice ones in and some good grandchild trips and more games across this state than you can possibly imagine of all the grandkids.

I will keep you in my prayers..I am so glad you have a son and he wants to go and you are sort of.."making" yourself do some things..definitely know how much love is being sent your way..I am sure even by loved ones beyond with The Andrew..it does get better,,,not over because well you love who you lost..but sooo much better..i feel in another year it will really be better with mom and it already is..there is ability to do so many things i just could not at first now at 19 month mark with mom..it take time but better each month just a bit ..i share just so you won't feel alone..sometimes hospital Chaplins or social services and Hospice have free grief support groups..i went a few times and it really helped...I had one where i was alone and i could let it all out..

God or Light..be with you..i am not kidding..i am praying..thank you soo..those words mean alot..you will never really goof up now being with someone who needs help in this department..they will know you know..that is a good feeling to help others when ready...

Praying for your cruise too...

MUCH love, Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 2 months later...

Just happened to stumble upon this review, really enjoyed reading it and it contained a wealth of information for our upcoming GT, HMC, Nassau trip but am deeply saddened to hear about the Andrew. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Do you have a pet?

I will keep you in my prayers..I am so glad you have a son and he wants to go and you are sort of.."making" yourself do some things..definitely know how much love is being sent your way..I am sure even by loved ones beyond with The Andrew..it does get better,,,not over because well you love who you lost..but sooo much better..i feel in another year it will really be better with mom and it already is..there is ability to do so many things i just could not at first now at 19 month mark with mom..it take time but better each month just a bit ..i share just so you won't feel alone..sometimes hospital Chaplins or social services and Hospice have free grief support groups..i went a few times and it really helped...I had one where i was alone and i could let it all out..

God or Light..be with you..i am not kidding..i am praying..thank you soo..those words mean alot..you will never really goof up now being with someone who needs help in this department..they will know you know..that is a good feeling to help others when ready...

Praying for your cruise too...

MUCH love, Sarah

I have a kitten that I adopted back in October. She is spoiled rotten. What's weird is that another cat showed up on our back porch the day after we adopted Julia so Andrew took her in. He had a soft spot for cats that have been abandoned so he fed her and I told him this is YOUR cat! She is an outside cat. Well, after a few months I noticed she was getting unusually large. I told him "that cat is pregnant" He said "no way. She is too domesticated not to be fixed already". I let it go because he knew better than me about cats.

Well, fast forward and Andrew passes away and my friend Lisa comes to visit and she asks when the cat is "due". *sigh* Yep, she was pregnant. And on the day of Andrew's Celebration of Life she had her kittens. Two weeks later she brought them all to the house from the woods one by one.

So, I have been very busy getting them acclimated to regular food and litter training. I found homes for two of them and kept two of them. There were 4 total. I just got the momma cat fixed and she will be going back outside next week. I have achieved crazy cat lady status.

I have been attending a Survivors of Suicide group every 1st and 3rd Wednesday and it has been very helpful. Surviving the loss is a loved one is hard enough but witnessing them taking their life is even more heartwrenching. I replay that moment over and over everyday. :(

My son and I completely enjoyed the cruise though. He is hooked. The ceremony at sea was absolutely beautiful and Carnival was so very helpful with arranging it.

12 weeks now and it still hurts as much as the first day. My house is just too quiet now. :(

I'm speechless.......((((((HUGS))))))).........I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Thank you!

Just happened to stumble upon this review, really enjoyed reading it and it contained a wealth of information for our upcoming GT, HMC, Nassau trip but am deeply saddened to hear about the Andrew. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you!

I commended with condolences when you first told us about your loss of The Andrew. I have been thinking of you and keeping you in prayers.

I just saw your post here and had to comment. I think I'm officially in "crazy cat lady" status now too. We got a litter of three kittens (all boys) in May 2009 from a good friend of mine in PA (yeah, we had to drive the 4 hours from VA to get them). We lost one under anesthesia while being neutered but the other two made out fine. Fast forward 4 1/2 years, we saw where a little black kitten was thrown from a vehicle in the middle of a busy intersection at rush hour. He didn't get hit by a car, but had trauma to his head from hitting the curb. He almost died but the tough little fighter pulled through. I feel in love with him and was thinking of getting another kitten when our "boys" were five, 4 1/2 is close enough. So we adopted this kitten from the rescue. At the meet and greet, another adorable gray kitten chose me...I took him too. So now we've got four boys. I've been volunteering at the rescue we got the two youngest from and we've currently got two "bottle babies". The one is almost 6 weeks now and the other is 3 weeks. When I first saw them, they were the size of a stick of butter. It is rewarding. I didn't know Andrew loved cats so much. If I ever get the opportunity to name another one, if you'd like, I'll name him Andrew.

I too lost a loved one (my brother) to suicide, three years ago and it is sill very hard and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. It's weird but now my life seems "before" and "after". I've never gone to a suicide support group and we've (my family) has been very fortunate to have support from very close friends and extended family. I am just so, so, sorry you had to go through what you did. I know when that happens, someone is in so much pain and they can't think of anything else but that pain and all they want to do is escape it. A clergy member who has been very close to my family told us it was like those poor people during 9/11 who chose to jump from the burning buildings...the pain from the heat/smoke/fire is just too intense and that was the only way to escape it. There were times that I've felt so alone and at one point, I only knew a few others who were survivors of suicide. Two of them grew up in the same neighborhood and also lost their siblings, who I also knew and both came to the funeral home to support my family. I had a lot of people ask me what happened, since it was sudden. My family always told the truth and I've found many others confided in me that they too lost a family member that way.

Sorry this is so long, but I just felt I had to comment and also want to let you know you have been in my prayers.

I commended with condolences when you first told us about your loss of The Andrew. I have been thinking of you and keeping you in prayers.

I just saw your post here and had to comment. I think I'm officially in "crazy cat lady" status now too. We got a litter of three kittens (all boys) in May 2009 from a good friend of mine in PA (yeah, we had to drive the 4 hours from VA to get them). We lost one under anesthesia while being neutered but the other two made out fine. Fast forward 4 1/2 years, we saw where a little black kitten was thrown from a vehicle in the middle of a busy intersection at rush hour. He didn't get hit by a car, but had trauma to his head from hitting the curb. He almost died but the tough little fighter pulled through. I feel in love with him and was thinking of getting another kitten when our "boys" were five, 4 1/2 is close enough. So we adopted this kitten from the rescue. At the meet and greet, another adorable gray kitten chose me...I took him too. So now we've got four boys. I've been volunteering at the rescue we got the two youngest from and we've currently got two "bottle babies". The one is almost 6 weeks now and the other is 3 weeks. When I first saw them, they were the size of a stick of butter. It is rewarding. I didn't know Andrew loved cats so much. If I ever get the opportunity to name another one, if you'd like, I'll name him Andrew.

I too lost a loved one (my brother) to suicide, three years ago and it is sill very hard and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. It's weird but now my life seems "before" and "after". I've never gone to a suicide support group and we've (my family) has been very fortunate to have support from very close friends and extended family. I am just so, so, sorry you had to go through what you did. I know when that happens, someone is in so much pain and they can't think of anything else but that pain and all they want to do is escape it. A clergy member who has been very close to my family told us it was like those poor people during 9/11 who chose to jump from the burning buildings...the pain from the heat/smoke/fire is just too intense and that was the only way to escape it. There were times that I've felt so alone and at one point, I only knew a few others who were survivors of suicide. Two of them grew up in the same neighborhood and also lost their siblings, who I also knew and both came to the funeral home to support my family. I had a lot of people ask me what happened, since it was sudden. My family always told the truth and I've found many others confided in me that they too lost a family member that way.

Sorry this is so long, but I just felt I had to comment and also want to let you know you have been in my prayers.

Andrew absolutely adored cats. When I met him he had two and I had one. Anytime he saw one abandoned he would bring it home. :)

I have heard the 9/11 reference in my support group and I understand it. When I heard that, it totally made sense to me. Well....as much sense as it can possibly make. I have also been very truthful when people ask what happened. Usually they follow it up with "why?" and I just don't have an answer for that part.

Thank you for your post. I have really great friends, family and coworkers and of course support group and forums on suicide have been helpful as well. I know that I will continue my life's journey but I don't see much joy in it. Wow, that sounds bad....I mean to say I will continue but he was so much a part of my life and he took me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to act as silly as I wanted to. I guess now I am rambling. LOL. It's what I do now. I keep joking with friends when I cant articulate what I am trying to say and I tell them I have "lost English" for the moment. Ah well.:rolleyes:

Andrew absolutely adored cats. When I met him he had two and I had one. Anytime he saw one abandoned he would bring it home. :)

I have heard the 9/11 reference in my support group and I understand it. When I heard that, it totally made sense to me. Well....as much sense as it can possibly make. I have also been very truthful when people ask what happened. Usually they follow it up with "why?" and I just don't have an answer for that part.

Thank you for your post. I have really great friends, family and coworkers and of course support group and forums on suicide have been helpful as well. I know that I will continue my life's journey but I don't see much joy in it. Wow, that sounds bad....I mean to say I will continue but he was so much a part of my life and he took me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to act as silly as I wanted to. I guess now I am rambling. LOL. It's what I do now. I keep joking with friends when I cant articulate what I am trying to say and I tell them I have "lost English" for the moment. Ah well.:rolleyes:

Nah, that didn't sound bad, I know what you mean. :)