Our Fantastical Journey: Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/December 8th, 2012 sailing

All4fun&fun4all

Thank you Donna. I am actually entertaining taking another cruise but without the Andrew. He got a job so he wont be cruising this year unfortunately but he wants me to go.

All4fun&fun4all, You know cruising is fun but I think it wouldn't be as much fun without the Andrew,but what do I know?:p Pink

Cruising with just some girl friends is fun too. Back when I was married I cruised once a year with my girlfriends and once a year with my husband.

Who are we kidding..we don't care who we're with as long as we're cruising...LOL.

All4fun&fun4all, You know cruising is fun but I think it wouldn't be as much fun without the Andrew,but what do I know?:p Pink

It would be awfully quiet and low key. I dont know how I would do it!

Cruising with just some girl friends is fun too. Back when I was married I cruised once a year with my girlfriends and once a year with my husband.

Who are we kidding..we don't care who we're with as long as we're cruising...LOL.

I have some gf's who are wanting me to go on a girl's cruise.

I have always cruised with the mister and that's sorta how I realized I wanted to be with him was from our first cruise. We went in February of 2004 and I moved in with him that April. We werent even really dating when we went on that first cruise. *insert sappy love music here*

But I digress. I am entertaining a girl's cruise. Mulling it over and such. :)

It would be awfully quiet and low key. I dont know how I would do it!

I have some gf's who are wanting me to go on a girl's cruise.

I have always cruised with the mister and that's sorta how I realized I wanted to be with him was from our first cruise. We went in February of 2004 and I moved in with him that April. We werent even really dating when we went on that first cruise. *insert sappy love music here*

But I digress. I am entertaining a girl's cruise. Mulling it over and such. :)

Stop mulling and just go for it! We'll have a blast! We'll allow Andrew and Harry do something else. lol

I started reading your reviews last year when I booked our first cruise with Carnival on the Fantasy. Unfortunately I had to reschedule and will be sailing out of Miami in April on the Liberty. I still refer to your reviews because I simply enjoy them. They all make me feel excited about cruising and someday would love to be on the Fantasy. You are truely great at making people feel like you are friends, I'm sure that is true with everyone you meet. No matter who you cruise with "a good time will be had by all!"

Edited by grandmab57

Nice review.

Thank you!

I started reading your reviews last year when I booked our first cruise with Carnival on the Fantasy. Unfortunately I had to reschedule and will be sailing out of Miami in April on the Liberty. I still refer to your reviews because I simply enjoy them. They all make me feel excited about cruising and someday would love to be on the Fantasy. You are truely great at making people feel like you are friends, I'm sure that is true with everyone you meet. No matter who you cruise with "a good time will be had by all!"

Wow! That is really nice of you to say! Thank you! :)

I just spent the last few hours reading your review, and all I can say is WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed review! I am sailing the on the Fantasy March 5th.. getting so excited! When you did your March sailing, were there a ton of spring breakers? We don't mind if people party, but we would like just a liiiittle peace and quiet if possible. :eek: Also, I am going to send you a message in regards to your review if it will let me. Thanks again for the great review! :D

DEBARKATION:

We awoke to the sound of thrusters. We are back in Charleston and our vacation is over. We gathered the last of our things together and did the final check under the bed, all the drawers and the closet.

Then room service came with our bagels, lox and cream cheese and coffee.

973_zps0472a08f.jpg

And then COJO's husband came to take one of our bags up to his room to get things rolling as soon as we could start self assist.

We had a few bites of bagel and then it was time to go. We all met in the area next to the atrium and we made our way to be DINGED for the last time and then down the gangplank and into the terminal. This went unbelievably fast! Almost too fast. We went through Customs with the usual questions, reconnected outside with COJO and husband, loaded our luggage into the covered trailer they pull behind the shuttle and boarded the shuttle.

974_zpsf9bec5b6.jpg

The shuttle dropped us off at the parking warehouse and we loaded up the truck and were back home in Hollywood by 8:30am.

And there ya have it! Our Fantastical Journey! We had a great time and cannot wait to sail again...of course.

My intention over the next few days is to touch on some things that I have seen frequently come up as points of discussion on the boards and give my impression. Knowing that all opinions of cruising are subjective and wont mean a hill of beans unless you have a personality like mine. At least you will get an idea of my observations.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask away. I am on Cruise Critic even when I dont have a cruise planned...because I am obsessed. I cant help it. And I created a monster with fromthebus.

HAPPY NEW YEAR READERS!!!!!!

I really liked your review... I will be cruising in Septemner and we are going to Nassau, so I was really glad that you posted about it with pictures....We will be going to Twin Brothers sometime that evening, for we are styaing over night in Nassau......

Really enjoyed your review! You should write a cruise book based on your travels. I enjoy hearing about the Andrew and his shenanigans. I stumbled upon your March review before our April cruise and was happy to stumble upon this one before our cruise again in two weeks. It's really nice seeing it all again before we go! I think you would miss the Andrew...I'll pray that he gets a long weekend sometime this year and is able to go on a 4 or 5 day with you.

We ended up with two price drops during the time between booking and sailing. One drop was down to $369.00 pp and then another occurred right before sailing to an unbelievable $299.00 pp. We ended up with $260.00 OBC and some magical fees that showed up when we boarded in the amount of $11.86 pp.

I've skimmed through this thread because I'm considering a Fantasy cruise. Thanks for the terrific detailed review; I really feel like I got to know the ship and the itinerary.

While I've cruised before, I've never sailed on Carnival. I understand the basics of rate drops, but what are these "magical fees" you speak of?

Nancy, I agree with Anjanu go for it! I remember the "Fantasy Girls" back in December. Would the all girl cruise be having tea, exchanging gifts, crafting,etc?;):cool::eek: Pink

I say yes! I am not much of a crafty person but these ladies were inspiring!

Damnit. My other mother just cracked the whip! I say yes.

Always do what momma says

I just spent the last few hours reading your review, and all I can say is WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed review! I am sailing the on the Fantasy March 5th.. getting so excited! When you did your March sailing, were there a ton of spring breakers? We don't mind if people party, but we would like just a liiiittle peace and quiet if possible. :eek: Also, I am going to send you a message in regards to your review if it will let me. Thanks again for the great review! :D

Oddly enough there werent very many spring breakers when we went which I was a little worried about. There is always somewhere on the ship that is peaceful. Serenity deck is usually pretty low key. Most of the action is on Lido.

Hmmm no clue how to send a message. I tried to add you to my contacts? Please help the technically uninclined to figure this out... :o

I dont think CC allows PM's so if you would like to friend me on Facebook you can do so. Nancy Infinger is the name. Just put in a message what your CC screen name is and I will accept the request. I try to filter my FB. Wait a minute...do you have FB? That would be helpful! :p

I really liked your review... I will be cruising in Septemner and we are going to Nassau, so I was really glad that you posted about it with pictures....We will be going to Twin Brothers sometime that evening, for we are styaing over night in Nassau......

We really love Nassau. I know some folks are tired of it but each time we go, we try something different.

Really enjoyed your review! You should write a cruise book based on your travels. I enjoy hearing about the Andrew and his shenanigans. I stumbled upon your March review before our April cruise and was happy to stumble upon this one before our cruise again in two weeks. It's really nice seeing it all again before we go! I think you would miss the Andrew...I'll pray that he gets a long weekend sometime this year and is able to go on a 4 or 5 day with you.

Thanks parisienneatheart! I have always wanted to write a book and actually started a blog but I am HORRIBLE with staying commited.

I would definitely miss the Andrew. We have only cruised together and both of us went on our first together and (cue the corny sappy music) that's where we realized that we would be more than friends. 2 months later, I moved in with him. But....a girl's cruise may bring a totally different aspect to the cruising experience and the review would be spectacular I think!

Maybe we can cruise together in 2014! That seems so far away though.

I've skimmed through this thread because I'm considering a Fantasy cruise. Thanks for the terrific detailed review; I really feel like I got to know the ship and the itinerary.

While I've cruised before, I've never sailed on Carnival. I understand the basics of rate drops, but what are these "magical fees" you speak of?

Thanks for reading! I am glad it was helpful for you.

I believe those magical fees/credits were some sort of refund for either port taxes or some sort of taxes in general. They were non-specified but welcomed!

Damnit. My other mother just cracked the whip! I say yes.

Hi son! Looks like you had a really nice birthday yesterday. Happy belated birthday and many many more!

I was talking to Jamar the other day and we may come and hang out with ya'll in Charleston after we return from our cruise next month. No need to extend an invitation, we just decided we're coming and will let you and Nancy know when. LOL

Miss ya'll!

Hi son! Looks like you had a really nice birthday yesterday. Happy belated birthday and many many more!

I was talking to Jamar the other day and we may come and hang out with ya'll in Charleston after we return from our cruise next month. No need to extend an invitation, we just decided we're coming and will let you and Nancy know when. LOL

Miss ya'll!

We would LOVE to see you guys!!!! It's on!

I dont think CC allows PM's so if you would like to friend me on Facebook you can do so. Nancy Infinger is the name. Just put in a message what your CC screen name is and I will accept the request. I try to filter my FB. Wait a minute...do you have FB? That would be helpful! :p

Sent you a request... Martene =)

Request accepted. :) Now you can ask me whatever you like!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind, but I sent you a friend request on Facebook, too. :)