Did anyone find a "cruise" under the tree this morning...?

ASIWISH

That is OUSTANDING, Marney. SO happy for you.

Please let us know his reaction when he learns about it.

I am very blessed Thank You :) also to Solocanadian :)

Sail you have way more faith than I do

We have done quite a few renovations to our house in the last few years and I couldn't imagine not being around while they were working on my house.

And with good cause after a few near disasters that were nipped in the bud because DW or I were there to say "Whoa wait a minute .... thats not what I picked out" *LOL*

Have a very Merry Christmas :)

I am very blessed Thank You :) also to Solocanadian :)

Sail you have way more faith than I do

We have done quite a few renovations to our house in the last few years and I couldn't imagine not being around while they were working on my house.

And with good cause after a few near disasters that were nipped in the bud because DW or I were there to say "Whoa wait a minute .... thats not what I picked out" *LOL*

Have a very Merry Christmas :)

It took a HUGE leap of faith, I was resistant for a long time but finally ceded. We have used the same contractor for 25 years and he's done a ton of work here so...... I balanced how badly I feared he might 'mess up' our image of how it was to look vs. the joy of not putting up with the whole construction ugliness.

I spent considerable time with him picking out every last tiny thing /material needed. I also knew most of the major sub-contractors he was using and I heaved a giant plea to him and off we went. I only called twice. He e-mailed us photos along the way and when one major question came up, he contacted us.

All is well that ended well but most of our friends couldn't believe we were willing to let him work here alone....... NOT to mention the whole safety/honesty issue of door key and alarms etc

I am very happy I 'took the chance' as it really worked out well. Thankfully. We both love the work and how it came out. No giant mis-steps at all.

I was very careful when we spoke to not tell him how beautiful Westerdam is, what beautiful islands we were visiting and how terrific the weather. Saw no reason to 'annoy him'..... :D Didn't want to risk him getting even. :D

It took a HUGE leap of faith, I was resistant for a long time but finally ceded. We have used the same contractor for 25 years and he's done a ton of work here so...... I balanced how badly I feared he might 'mess up' our image of how it was to look vs. the joy of not putting up with the whole construction ugliness.

I spent considerable time with him picking out every last tiny thing /material needed. I also knew most of the major sub-contractors he was using and I heaved a giant plea to him and off we went. I only called twice. He e-mailed us photos along the way and when one major question came up, he contacted us.

All is well that ended well but most of our friends couldn't believe we were willing to let him work here alone....... NOT to mention the whole safety/honesty issue of door key and alarms etc

I am very happy I 'took the chance' as it really worked out well. Thankfully. We both love the work and how it came out. No giant mis-steps at all.

I was very careful when we spoke to not tell him how beautiful Westerdam is, what beautiful islands we were visiting and how terrific the weather. Saw no reason to 'annoy him'..... :D Didn't want to risk him getting even. :D

Glad it worked out for you . The Mariner tiles in the bathroom sound really nice .

When we had the bathroom and the little alcove leading to it wallpapered , DW and I were at work, but DD was home. Thank God she just so happened to have to go into that bathroom to borrow something from my wife (nobody goes in that bathroom except DW and myself) .

She took one look at the paper they were measureing and cutting and getting ready to put up and knew this was not a pattern my DW would choose in a million years . Looked like it should have been in some psychedelic coffee house in the 60s on a bad acid trip *LOL*

She called my wife at work, she came right home and the matter got straightened out. Paper guy was given the wrong customers order.

Did anyone wake up to find a "cruise" under the tree this morning from Santa?

Merry Christmas!

I did !!! I'm a big fan of Dancing with the Stars and my DH surprised me this morning with a 1/12/14 booking on the Nieuw Amsterdam for their DWS theme cruise.

Sue

I am reporting back on the gifting of the cruise that I won. While on board the Statendam I bought a nice picture frame with the HAL logo on it and I put the cruise certificate in it, along with the winning Bingo card that I had saved. It says right on it what the certificate eas for but when my DH undid the wrapping there wasn't much of a response-- he thought I'd bought a photo frame and the certificate was for a photo to put in it! I urged him to read the whole thing and then I got a great reaction followed by a sort-of accusatory "you didn't say you won the Bingo!" Duh, no, if I had it wouldn't have been much of a surprise!

Yes, it was very hard to keep it a secret! Rob, the events manager on the Statendam swore I wouldn't manage to do it and I almost lost it when DH was looking so depressed that the cruise was almost over. What made me hold firm was the knowledge that I really didn't yet have anything to give him and we'd get home just 2 days before Christmas. The man is impossible to shop for-- what little he wants he just goes and buys it. I did do some trip-related stocking presents on the ship and we'd agreed that this long (deluxe suite) cruise would be our joint gift this year, you still want something for a husband to open on Christmas Day.

I'd do it the same way another time. And as soon as I can get a little organized I'll post some photos from this cruise.

Sail, the remodeling was a great gift too! And congratulations Villcruise and all of you who got or gave cruise-related gifts this year!

I think it is cool the way so many of us give cruises to each other. There is the Valentine Cruise, the Birthday Cruise, the Anniversary cruise, the Thanksgiving cruise, the Easter cruise, the New Year's cruise. So many to give to each other.

It saves a lot on wrapping paper!!

Jim

DH are saving for our first cruise in 3 years. We have a vacation account opened and he puts his tip money from driving (he drives a limo part time) in there. I am putting in some money I got paid back from family for gifts I purchased for others for Christmas so it is sort of like a Christmas gift;). We don't book until we have the money in the bank. It takes major self-discipline not to pull out the credit card:rolleyes:.

Almost as good as getting a cruise was learning at Christmas dinner that my dear brother and his wife, who finally retired this year, have booked themselves on a HAL RYndam Transatlantic in March. Their first cruise ever!! Then they will travel in Spain before returning home.

I could hardly contain myself, wanting to tell them all about HAL. They knew we had made several TAs and that HAL is our favorite. I'm thrilled and so hoping they will have a fabulous experience...now I have to figure out how to get their booking number so I can send a surprise Bon voyage gift.

Nope ...no cruise for me..what's up with that Santa ?? I was a good girl.! I don't think there is a Santa Claus Virginia.:D

I received some wonderful gifts though ..chocolates too Ruth.;)

Maybe I will just pick a great itinerary and write a pretend review.:o

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!

I received some wonderful gifts though ..chocolates too Ruth.;)

Ooooo! Lucky you! I'm jealous.

Maybe I will just pick a great itinerary and write a pretend review.:o

Not nice. Not nice at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's been done. :eek:

Maybe it is time to attend the Digital Workshop on a DAM ship. :D

That will take a bit of motivation...... and I am woefully lacking in that department these days. I'm retired!!! :)

But, I have considered it, briefly. :D

Archived